PDA

View Full Version : ABS Removal/ Bypass 92 lsl

Jay Wrix
02-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering If there was an easy way to bypass my ABS on my car without the removal of the pump units, ( will disconnecting the unit function in a fashion as a non abs car?)

I have never owned a car with ABS and maybe its operator error, and I live far north and Im having an EXTREME amount of difficulty stopping on ice ( the pump seems a little sluggish). I could stop by 2 wheel drive f150 in half the distance my SVX stops on. not fair.

( please keep in mind this is only ice)

Has anyone done a conversion to non abs? is there a traction control device that uses abs? and should not be messed with, is my only option a new brake system minus abs?

North Ursalia
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
You can just pull the ABS solenoid fuse to disable the ABS. The brakes work independently of the ABS (ie: they work regardless if the ABS system does or not).

Jay Wrix
02-11-2011, 03:18 PM
thanks! thats kind of what I assumed. I wasnt sure if the braking ability would at all be hampered by non functioning pumps or if when the system was 100%
allowed for complete function.

would it be better to actually remove the pump?

I know a fair share about automobiles, but im rather dim witted at this new fangled abs!:lol:

Manarius
02-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Just so you know, if you're involved in an accident and the insurance company determines that having the ABS fuse removed could have contributed to the accident, the insurance company is within their full right to completely deny your insurance claim.

StatGSR
02-12-2011, 02:39 PM
^ very true. But you could beat that one of two ways. Tell them That it no longer has abs and pay the difference. Or pull the abs dash light and replace it with a dud and claim you never knew.