PDA

View Full Version : opporunities of the custom front bumper

SVXMAN2001
06-07-2001, 08:58 PM
Ive been thinking and with the talk of all this custom bumper modificaitons this could free up some room for modifications right?
would it be more likely to fit a turbo and intercooler with this custom bumper? I am just wondering what the opportunities are with this custom bumper

chris
92 claret svx

Stevebsy
06-08-2001, 11:59 AM
The opportunities are many, but it depends on what you want.

The area forward of the front wheels is a rather large space on both sides. On the pass. side, though, the factory airbox is there, but there is nothing on the driver's side.

On the new bumper there will be cutouts that will lead directly to those areas, so your options would be open to a few things.

A tranny cooler would work real well on the driver's side. I think an intercooler might fit on the pass. side if not too large, however, I think that the large front opening would be a better place. An engine oil cooler might be a better fit in the passenger side.

Also, you could put foglamps in the 2 smaller openings. It's all up to your imagination I guess :)

This weekend I am going to make some big progress on this project, hopefully I'll have some pictures to show.

Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
Ive been thinking and with the talk of all this custom bumper modificaitons this could free up some room for modifications right?
would it be more likely to fit a turbo and intercooler with this custom bumper? I am just wondering what the opportunities are with this custom bumper

chris
92 claret svx

BlvdKing
06-09-2001, 10:37 PM
What custom bumper are you talking about? Does anyone have any pictures they can post? I have just purchased a 92' svx so I really havent seen much and dont really know much yet about this car so any info would be appreciated! thank you :confused:

Aredubjay
06-10-2001, 12:10 AM
"King" first of all, welcome to the "Network." Hang around here for a while and you'll learn more about your car than you'd ever thought possible. By the way, there are several SVXers in your area. You'll need to seek them out, but, they're there. Again, welcome. Do a search for "bumper" (Click the message archive link at the upper right hand corner of this page), and you'll find several posts about the bumper.