PDA

View Full Version : Valves

Johnybeas
10-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Those who have built their EG33's for FI what valves have you used? has anyone found higher quality valves??

Crazy_pilot
10-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Supertech sells a set of SS intake and inconel exhaust valves (standard size). They're usually on Ebay.

Johnybeas
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
is that really the only option out there besides oem?? damn those are pricey!

1986nate
10-18-2010, 08:45 PM
I believe when LAN was putting together valve and spring kits along with his camshafts, he was using WRX springs and custom 92 mm valves if my memory is correct. Look through some of the old stuff of his and you can find info... Otherwise when i have time when i get back home next week I'll page through again to find the info...

TomsSVX
10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
is that really the only option out there besides oem?? damn those are pricey!

The other option is to get wrx valves and convert to solid buckets... ideal for a performance engine

TOm

Johnybeas
10-18-2010, 09:40 PM
The other option is to get wrx valves and convert to solid buckets... ideal for a performance engine

TOm

hrmmmm ideas.... I must research more :)

Johnybeas
10-18-2010, 09:42 PM
the ones for the EJ205????

Johnybeas
10-19-2010, 12:02 AM
would supertech wrx valves with wrx buckets be mejor????

SilverSpear
10-19-2010, 12:22 AM
If you are going FI, you'd better budget for the exhaust valves. They should be of superior alloy to withstand excessive heat.

Yeah, the upper portion of the engine is a kick in the nuts...

Johnybeas
11-02-2010, 12:53 AM
tom what all would I need to be able to fit them to the EG33???

YourConfused
11-02-2010, 06:19 AM
would supertech wrx valves with wrx buckets be mejor????

If you opt for +1mm supertech wrx valves (with inconel exhaust) I would be interested in splitting the extra set needed with you.

TomsSVX
11-02-2010, 04:45 PM
tom what all would I need to be able to fit them to the EG33???

valves and shims is all you need... I would suggest getting valves with a slightly shorter stem, I believe you can order them, I found out after the fact... This way you have the ability to order off the shelf shims instead of having the have them custom made

Tom

Johnybeas
11-02-2010, 09:08 PM
do I just need to get them the same length as the normal SVX ones??? or what length would I be looking for?? I'll see if I can get in contact with supertech about getting something set up. I've submitted to CP and Eagle and I'll be talking with them later this week at SEMA so I should have that end set up. I also have cometic set up so I've got most the stuff set up for the engine build.

TomsSVX
11-03-2010, 04:10 AM
do I just need to get them the same length as the normal SVX ones??? or what length would I be looking for?? I'll see if I can get in contact with supertech about getting something set up. I've submitted to CP and Eagle and I'll be talking with them later this week at SEMA so I should have that end set up. I also have cometic set up so I've got most the stuff set up for the engine build.

No, WRX valves are approx 10mm longer than SVX valves.Do a little research here, you will find your answers

Tom

mikecg
11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
If you buy my car, it comes with everything you need. including custom CAMS, valves and valve springs, supercharger kit, STi drivetrain, Custom CP pistons, and egine rods.........

Just say'n.....

Johnybeas
11-04-2010, 01:38 AM
hahahaha... tom, don't be grumpy I'm just trying to save some time by stealing some of your knowledge!;) :) I'll take a look.

TomsSVX
11-04-2010, 04:15 AM
hahahaha... tom, don't be grumpy I'm just trying to save some time by stealing some of your knowledge!;) :) I'll take a look.

I am not grumpy, I just forget the specs off the top of my head... Pretty sure the info is in the thread I had going on Shotgunslades car

Tom