PDA

View Full Version : Too drink.....or not to drink ?

NuVission
08-23-2002, 09:57 PM
We need some input folks on this dinner situation. We are planning on having dinner for everyone and we need to know if everyone would like to have alcohol at the dinner because this will determin the dinner location. Thanks everyone
Later Joe

LarryIII
08-24-2002, 05:25 AM
A good blended Scotch works for me.
Ron prefers Box-O-Chablis.
I don't know Aredub's preference. I think it's Kentucky 'sippin' whiskey.
Glad to be of help. :D

mohrds
08-24-2002, 06:22 AM
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!

:D

That is just a suggestion. We have been fine at the dinners that haven't had any alky'hol.

Doug

DWayne2910
08-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Yes.

Dan

Ron Mummert
08-24-2002, 09:49 PM
As long as we can wrap small glass containers in brown paper bags, & imbibe in the parking lot, who cares?
MHO.

Ron.

Beav
08-24-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
As long as we can wrap small glass containers in brown paper bags, & imbibe in the parking lot, who cares?
MHO.

Ron.

Now who do you know that would do such a thing? (geez, it took me twenty minutes to type this and three and a half hours to poofwead it) (hic)

sjlwel
08-25-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by NuVission
We need some input folks on this dinner situation. We are planning on having dinner for everyone and we need to know if everyone would like to have alcohol at the dinner because this will determin the dinner location. Thanks everyone
Later Joe

I don't drink alcohol but Sandy likes an occasional beer, usually before dinner and especially after a long drive with me at the wheel.

Sorry I missed earlier chat about being involved... Have house guest for one month cramping my routine. I am one hour from Lancaster, 25 minutes from Morgantown, ...live East of Reading. Maybe I am one of the Readingites of which you spoke. I can help if you need me.

LarryIII
08-25-2002, 09:44 AM
If this dinner is for planning he Reading 4 Meet than may I suggest that booze be limited to a beer or glass of wine. Comittee planning sessions are always tedious and a clear head is required.

Now that I've said that, I'll go have a scotch.

I also suggest that you make the rally a fun type with some gag gifts rather than real competition.

benebob
08-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Yeah Larry we talked about having a timed event and/or a gag event (i.e. how many pairs of zebra undergarments did you see hanging in the tree at mile marker 33). I was kinda thinking have a timed event and a gag event. That'll distract the co-driver enough to make the timed part a little more interesting.

NuVission
08-25-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by sjlwel

I don't drink alcohol but Sandy likes an occasional beer, usually before dinner and especially after a long drive with me at the wheel.

Sorry I missed earlier chat about being involved... Have house guest for one month cramping my routine. I am one hour from Lancaster, 25 minutes from Morgantown, ...live East of Reading. Maybe I am one of the Readingites of which you spoke. I can help if you need me.

Thanks everyone so far for the input. sjlwel we will get in contact with you then, as of now we are still very early in the planning stage but we could use your help.

sjlwel
08-25-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by mohrds
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!
MUST HAVE BOOZE!!!

Doug

Doug: Are you sure that modification is dog drool???:D :D

svx1999
09-03-2002, 11:25 AM
Here's an Idea.
BYOB.............

As far as Dinner goes I myself am fine without beer or wine.
Gee after doing some checking.. Reading is about the same distance as Lafayette... :D about 10 hours. 600 miles.

What Fun... If it was in anything else I don't think I would make it, but I found after Indiana, The SVX is a GREAT trip car..

hmmm so there's my idea, Bring your own, brown bag it, or hope someone is around that will share...........

svx1999(ryan)