PDA

View Full Version : CAI Feeler

Pages : [1] 2

Johnybeas
09-25-2010, 08:15 PM
UPDATE 12/28/12

I would like to thank everyone for their patience in this project and would like to release a few details as this project is finally coming to a close. I would like to thank the following members for their contribution to the project. These will be the first customers to receive the new TruSpeed Performance Cold Air Intake for the Subaru SVX
Stage II Intake
1.Soobcrazy
2.Nikfu (powdercoat- black)
3.larryhopper1967
4.Thickasxtheives
Stage III
1.Johnybeas (powdercoat- black)

Prices have been updated to their current cost and should not change. Dyno results, product pictures, etc. will be coming.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Optional add ons,

Powdercoating most colors $65 (special colors available)
Z32 MAF Upgrade $50
Red or Blue Couplers

TruSpeed Stage I SVX Intake (short ram):
$333.60
Dyno Graph(link to results will be placed here)
Product Images (link to images will be placed here)
Pipe Size: Dual 2.5in(63.5mm)-Single 3 in (76 mm)
Material: Mandrel Bent 6061 T6 Aluminum TIG Welded
Replacement Filter: AEM DryFlow Air Filter 21-203DOSK

Base Outside Diameter: 5.5 in (140 mm)
Flange Inside Diameter: 3 in (76 mm)
Flange Length: 0.938 in (24 mm)
Flange Offset: 0.438 in (11 mm)
Flange Type: Offset
Height: 5 in (127 mm)
Inner Structural Support: Yes
Top Outside Diameter: 4.75 in (121 mm)
Top Style: Rubber
Top Material/Finish: None
Filter Material: Non-woven Synthetic

Package Includes:

One cone style Dryflow® synthetic air filter (rechargable)
intake piping w/ cnc'ed vacuum fittings
two 2.5" straight silicone couplers,
one 3" straight silicone coupler
7 clamps
one MAF Adapter plate
four bolts for MAF adapter
MAF gasket

TruSpeed Stage II SVX Intake (Cold Air w/ MAF)
$390.00
Location: Full piping from throttle bodies to wheel well with separation for the MAF sensor
Replacement Filter: AEM DryFlow Air Filter 21-2038BF

Base Outside Diameter: 6 in (152 mm)
Flange Length: 1.5 in (38 mm)
Flange Type: Centered
Height: 8.125 in (206 mm)
Top Outside Diameter: 5.125 in (130 mm)
Top Style: Rubber

Package Includes:

intake piping w/ vacuum fittings
two 2.5" straight silicone couplers
two 3" straight silicone coupler
9 clamps
one MAF Adapter plate
four bolts for MAF adapter
MAF gasket

TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake (Cold Air w/ Air bypass) (*requires MAP Sensor*)
$419.99
Location: Full piping from throttle bodies to wheel well with AEM Air Bypass Valve in stock MAF location.
Replacement Filter: AEM DryFlow Air Filter 21-2039BF

Base Outside Diameter: 6 in (152 mm)
Flange Length: 1.5 in (38 mm)
Flange Type: Centered
Height: 9.25 in (235 mm)
Top Outside Diameter: 5.125 in (130 mm)

Package Includes:

intake piping w/ vacuum fittings
two 2.5" straight silicone couplers
two 3" straight silicone coupler
9 clamps
one 3" Universal Cold Air Intake Bypass Valve

Here is a picture of the final prototype of the stage III

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/528645_474835572558152_1369538204_n.jpg

thickasxthieves
09-27-2010, 08:14 AM
I'd buy one iffin it was around 400$ any more would require more serious consideration but at or below 400 sign me up

:D

Johnybeas
09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Updated with approx prices and specifics on kits.

SoobCrazy
09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
So long as there are brackets to keep it from vibrating/flopping and is of high quality and close tolerances, I would be interested in the stage 2 CAI.

1986nate
09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Johnny, would the stage 1 kit essentially be similar to the tommyX intake that Tom was offering? That's what I get from reading it but just checking. The prices seem good.

Johnybeas
09-29-2010, 01:57 AM
yes it will be similar to the tomyx but with a filter included in the kit

1986nate
09-29-2010, 02:22 AM
yes it will be similar to the tomyx but with a filter included in the kit

gotcha;)...

Ricter
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
I might be interested at some point.

A low priority for me, but eventually I would like to ditch the repeatedly cracked and jb-welded plastic box that attaches to the throttle body. Everything else is just icing on the cake :)

Johnybeas
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
If I can get commitment for at least a few then we can get them made and take pictures. I already bought in on the 5mt kit and have yet to sell one so I can't afford to throw more money at something noone is going to buy. I will make a stage III for myself so if I can get one stage I and one stage II paid for up front then I will make one of each and take pictures for all to see. Would anyone be able to commit? I know this site is full of commitment phobes lol

Ricter
09-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Do you have a post elsewhere about your 5mt kit? I could look around, but don't have the chance at the moment.

Johnybeas
10-01-2010, 01:36 AM
under vendors section under truspeed performance. I'll post another separate post about the kit again.

StatGSR
10-01-2010, 07:18 AM
as much as i would really like a short ram, that may be to rich for my blood.

Johnybeas
10-04-2010, 02:56 PM
First Dibs Buy In Sign up??

Stage I
1.Thickasxtheives

Stage II
1.Soobcrazy

Stage III
1.Johnybeas

If I can get at least one more person to commit I'll start producing once money is received. Soobcrazy I like the bracket idea, I'll add that into the design probably using original box mounting location. more later...

thickasxthieves
10-05-2010, 10:47 AM
would stage 1 require reuse of the stock airbox or will there be a pipe to attach to maf and filter? if it does require reuse of stock airbox, bump me to stage 2 :D

subarusvx1992
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Would the tubing going from the MAF sensor to the throttle bodies include all of the necessary vacuum fittings?

Johnybeas
10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
would stage 1 require reuse of the stock airbox or will there be a pipe to attach to maf and filter? if it does require reuse of stock airbox, bump me to stage 2 :D
stage one will not require the box, there will be a maf adapter for the filter

Johnybeas
10-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Would the tubing going from the MAF sensor to the throttle bodies include all of the necessary vacuum fittings?
All necessary parts will be included, this will not be a half a$$ed kit.

teamilluminata
10-06-2010, 05:22 AM
I'll take somebody's cast off plastic intake if this goes through. Need one for my Legacy transplant.

NikFu S.
10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
For de Union.

Stage I
1.Thickasxtheives

Stage II
1.Soobcrazy
2. Nikfu (powdercoat- black?)

Stage III
1.Johnybeas

Johnybeas
10-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I'll take somebody's cast off plastic intake if this goes through. Need one for my Legacy transplant.
You should just get a stage I instead :)

Johnybeas
10-06-2010, 11:23 PM
will get a quote from my powdercoater tomorrow and will update extra cost for PC. If I can get all the currently interested persons paid up by next week I'll get them done and out before the end of the month, depending on if all parts come in ontime from my suppliers.

Lookin4SVX
10-08-2010, 01:16 AM
I am not interested in this batch, but maybe next time if you have pictures and numbers.

I do have a couple questions though:
Why is it 304 stainless? 304 is much heavier than aluminum.
Where does the air filter go on the stage 2? inside the fender?
How about the airflow to the throttle bodies, are the pipes of different length or something to make sure that more air doesn't end up in the passenger side since its closer to the intake?
How will this intake be better than just running an aluminum pipe from the plastic intake at the throttle bodies to the fender, aka motorsport warehouse intakes.

I would like to see some Air/fuel numbers comparing this to stock.
I would like to see flow numbers on this showing it has balanced output on both pipes to the throttle bodies.
I would of course like to also see HP improvement over stock, on a completely stock svx.

$350 is a lot of money compared to a $40 piece of bent 3" aluminum.
So I would definitely need pics and #'s before ordering.

larryhopper1967
10-08-2010, 08:57 AM
First Dibs Buy In Sign up??

Stage I
1.Thickasxtheives

Stage II
1.Soobcrazy
2.Nikfu (powdercoat- black?)
3.larryhopper1967

Stage III
1.Johnybeas

If I can get at least one more person to commit I'll start producing once money is received. Soobcrazy I like the bracket idea, I'll add that into the design probably using original box mounting location. more later...

contact me when you are ready for billing information.

Johnybeas
10-09-2010, 05:33 PM
I am not interested in this batch, but maybe next time if you have pictures and numbers.

I do have a couple questions though:
Why is it 304 stainless? 304 is much heavier than aluminum.
Where does the air filter go on the stage 2? inside the fender?
How about the airflow to the throttle bodies, are the pipes of different length or something to make sure that more air doesn't end up in the passenger side since its closer to the intake?
How will this intake be better than just running an aluminum pipe from the plastic intake at the throttle bodies to the fender, aka motorsport warehouse intakes.

I would like to see some Air/fuel numbers comparing this to stock.
I would like to see flow numbers on this showing it has balanced output on both pipes to the throttle bodies.
I would of course like to also see HP improvement over stock, on a completely stock svx.

$350 is a lot of money compared to a $40 piece of bent 3" aluminum.
So I would definitely need pics and #'s before ordering.

I definitely understand you wanting to see numbers. As these are still in a planning stage there are no numbers to be shown.

I was thinking of doing the 304 so I didn't have to order two different materials to be able to do headers intakes and turbo kits. We could do it in aluminum, like I said right now it's not done yet so I'll have to look at what we will end up doing once we get to finishing planning and building the prototype etc.

Once they are done I will do numbers on a dyno for all 3 stages as well as an oem pull. Stage I and Stage II will be on a completely stock car with an automatic transmission. Stage III will be on a 5mt SVX with catback exhaust and hydra nemesis with base map. Then I will tune the hydra for the mods I have done and show what can be made from the hydra, intake and catback exhaust with a good tune.

SoobCrazy
10-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Oooooo, I want Aluminum please... No need for SS that high up on the car.

Johnybeas
10-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Ok so we decided to do aluminum, I'm gonna update my original post with the change in material and update it with the most current list.

Johnybeas
10-11-2010, 08:29 PM
ok so without seeing the intakes my powdercoater was thinking about 65 to have them coated, may be more or less. updated first post, let me know if you want to have yours coated. I will update with pictures and a final price once I get the first one done.

thickasxthieves
10-12-2010, 10:33 AM
ALUMINUM +1. im definitely in now. :D

Lookin4SVX
10-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Definitely more interested now that they will be aluminum.
Still a bit confused on how the stage 2 filter/maf is setup.
Does the filter live inside the wheel well or is it farther back in the line? I am assuming its is before the maf?
I am coming from an 01 impreza. In that I just ran a piece of aluminum pipe from inside the fender to the air box at the intake thing on the engine.
The filter was in the air box, right there at the intake on the engine.
So I have no idea how this works on the svx witht he maf thing and the air filter box at the fender.
Anyone got a pic of a setup similar to this on an any car just so I can get my barrings on where filter maf and such live.

NikFu S.
10-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Sounds like he's doing away with the stock filter.

I assume the maf will remain where it is as it's distance from the TBs has some significance (wiring and harmonics and such), as well would allow us to revert to stage 1 if need be. I know I will come inspection time, which is why I would like a black powder coat.

Johnybeas
10-12-2010, 09:58 PM
it will essentially be the same as I have it set up right now with the motorsport stage III CAI in the wheel well here is a pic of how I have it now. Maf will remain the same location for stage I and stage II filter will attach directly to the maf on stage I and will attach to a pipe routed into the wheel well for stage II and stage III
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14652&stc=1&d=1286942255

lhopp77
10-13-2010, 09:06 AM
I have a couple questions. You state that the pipe from the throttle body to the MAF will be 3" and later that it will be similar to the TomSVX intake. Is it going to be partially two tube from throttle body to a 3 inch collector like Tom's (and the other designer involved-senior moment--forgot who)? Specifically will it be a single 3 inch pipe to the throttle body with 2 intake holes like the stock or two pipe to a collector? A picture of the Tom intake is attached.

The answer to the second question is probably obvious, but is essential. Will it include inlets for all the stock vacuum and breather lines? The angle of these inlets is important.

Lee

Lookin4SVX
10-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Ok so on the stage 2 the filter is inside the wheel wheel/fender.
How do you access it to clean it?
Does it require removing the fender? Or pulling the wheel and removing the fender liner?
Or does it fit through the hole in the inside the engine bay that leads to fender?
Or do I have to cut a bigger hole?

Johnybeas
10-13-2010, 07:04 PM
OK so I hope I can answer these questions and have it make sense to everyone this time, I swear I've answered almost all of them so far, but maybe I wasn't completely clear.

Q: Is the end that connects to the throttlebodies going to collect in the location that the Tomyx did or up further like the stock air hose?
A: It will be almost identical to the tomyx on the top end with a little twist of my own that will be identical flow wise but more aesthetically pleasing.

Q: Where is the filter for Stage II and III going to be located?
A: it will be in the wheel well where the stock snuffer box is located. you must remove both ends of the stock intake system from the vehicle from the maf onward.

There is a box that is located inside the engine bay that is composed of two parts, one that connects to both the maf as well as is bolted to the air intake that comes from the wheel well already which some call the snuffer, the second part is the top that you are able to open to replace the stock drop in filter. To install any of intakes you must remove this. The second part forward of the maf is the snuffer. you must remove the mud guard that goes over the wheel to access this. (I've done it with the wheel still on you just need to rotate it. At this point you unbolt the snuffer and discard it. Then you will feed the pipe from CAI through the hole in the side of the engine bay where air was sucked in from your stock intake. The way I am planning on designing it you must feed it from the engine bay side and attach the filter afterwards from the fender side.

No modification is needed, this will use all stock bolt locations and the maf will remain in it's stock location. As far as from the maf to the two throttle bodies it's the same procedure, just remove and replace.

Q: Will all the connections for all the vacuum lines be present?

A: All necessary connections will be present, if we decide to consolidate them when we get to finishing the design all necessary parts will be included in the kit.

I hope these answers are more clear, if anyone has any more questions feel free to answer.

SoobCrazy
10-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Please keep vacuum ports in the stock locations, and make all bends as smooth as possible. Just saw a picture of the TOMSVX intake, and after it splits into two pipes, there are a pair of INCREDIBLY tight bends that WILL seperate the flow of air inside the intake pipe, reducing the power that part can ultimately make.

I don't care so much if the intake takes liberties with underhood space, but it must use all factory mounts and allow vacuum hoses to connect without modification.

Finally, it must make more power than stock and last longer too.

Sorry, but I'm very picky about the parts I put on my cars. Must be a better part, from an engineering standpoint, than what it replaces.

1986nate
10-14-2010, 11:55 AM
post deleted...

I don't wanna step on your toes John ;)

lhopp77
10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Just saw a picture of the TOMSVX intake, and after it splits into two pipes, there are a pair of INCREDIBLY tight bends that WILL seperate the flow of air inside the intake pipe, reducing the power that part can ultimately make.

Finally, it must make more power than stock and last longer too.

First, the "tight" turns are necessary or it will not fit. Second, the split pipes do NOT restrict air flow.

The design is dyno proven to increase horsepower.

Lee

Johnybeas
10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
post deleted...

I don't wanna step on your toes John ;)

nate you bein a hater....

1986nate
10-15-2010, 04:14 AM
nate you bein a hater....

Actually I was going to say the same thing lhopp said pretty much, I just thought I'd rather let you explain your own product.:)

BTW, I may be interested, I have to see what my plans are for my car since I just recently got an itch to do things to the silver :D

Johnybeas
10-15-2010, 05:08 AM
uh oh and so it begins... :)

Johnybeas
10-15-2010, 12:32 PM
for the doubters there will be dyno results etc for comparison between the following:
OEM intake system on a stock SVX
Motorsport Stage III CAI (with green filter) on a stock vehicle
Motorsport Stage III CAI on a modified SVX with hydra
TruSpeed Stage I on a stock vehicle
TruSpeed Stage I on a modified SVX with hydra
TruSpeed Stage II on a stock SVX
TruSpeed Stage III on a modified SVX with hydra (hydra is required for stageIII)

and finally a few new maps will be released within the next month:

TruSpeed NA SVX Stage II Map and TruSpeed NA SVX Stage III Map

TruSpeed NA SVX Stage II Map will be tuned to our Stage I Short Ram with catback exhaust

TruSpeed NA SVX Stage III Tune that will be for SVX's with Stage III CAI and full headerback Exhaust

Myxalplyx
10-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Good luck Johnny!

Actually, you should make the intake for your own enjoyment. Just share your results be it positive or negative. As long as you are happy with it is all that counts. ;)

httrdd
10-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Cool man way to step up with mods for us!

Johnybeas
10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Work on this and a few other projects will continue post SEMA/EFI this coming long weekend for us. We've been super busy trying to get new products and services set up as well as getting our name out there! more later :)

Johnybeas
11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
ok so the time is here to make this happen we had a ton of fun at SEMA and met a lot of awesome people, learned a lot at EFI and are ready to get back to work. I will need the pay out for those who wanted the intakes so that we can get them produced, so if you can all send me a pm with your email address so I can send ya a paypal invoice that would be awesome! Thanks again!

Johnybeas
11-10-2010, 01:28 AM
contact me when you are ready for billing information.

I sent you a paypal invoice to the email you pmed me before. :)

thickasxthieves
11-10-2010, 08:33 AM
PM sent! i can has intakez fo crissymas?

Johnybeas
11-10-2010, 03:09 PM
That is the goal R&D done before the end of november, and available as a production product in time for xmas. :) Thanks for everyone for the prompt responses! Can't wait to share progress I'll be ordering parts in the next day or two! fab will begin soon! :)

NikFu S.
11-11-2010, 06:20 PM
So I'm just noticing you're in Sandy Utah, that's where my friend whom I have not seen in a while lives. It's the same guy I rely on to ship me parts like this intake on the cheap.

Last I heard from him was on the 17th of October, which is an oddly long time.

You haven't seen any recent news reports involving an '02 Volvo S80 T6 or a 3kGT have you?

If I give you an address would you cruise by there and see if he's still alive? :lol: :o :(

Johnybeas
11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Ya shoot me a pm with the address ill cruise by

Johnybeas
11-13-2010, 11:54 PM
waitin on parts fab should start next week.

Johnybeas
11-15-2010, 09:15 PM
just got some parts in! fab to start tomorrow afternoon! :)

Johnybeas
11-19-2010, 12:06 AM
prototype got 90% of the way done just working out a few kinks. lookin good :)

icingdeath88
11-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Is it to late to get in on a stage 2?

Also, I have a big hole in the wheel well liner on the front right. I'd swap the good one from my parts car anyway, but just to be clear, it would be bad to just leave it open right?

Johnybeas
11-28-2010, 12:40 AM
not too late they are still in R&D. Leaving your wheel well open chances damage to the filter, higher chance of getting it dirtier faster or hydro-locking the engine, the bypass valve is supposed to prevent water from hydro-locking. I would recommended replacing the mudguard though. If you don't I'd recommend something to protect your filter.

icingdeath88
11-28-2010, 12:48 AM
not too late they are still in R&D. Leaving your wheel well open chances damage to the filter, higher chance of getting it dirtier faster or hydro-locking the engine, the bypass valve is supposed to prevent water from hydro-locking. I would recommended replacing the mudguard though. If you don't I'd recommend something to protect your filter.

Ok, so definitely bad not to replace it :). I'll probably do it anyway, but I was curious and I also wanted it to be discussed here so other people will think about it too.

Shoot me a PM with your paypal info, I'm in for one. What's this about powdercoating?

Johnybeas
11-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Stage II is $350 $65 for PC so total is $415

Johnybeas
11-28-2010, 01:05 AM
send me your email in a pm and I'll send you an invoice on monday.

Johnybeas
12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Prototype SVX Intake basically done, needs to be fine tuned and CNCed into an official product and then it's to the dyno for testing.

NikFu S.
12-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Cool business. (:

zagato
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
My company could make it into a Carbon fiber product if you have a finished model.....but I would need a MOQ of around 10 to 20 pieces.
But I would like one myself....so that would be 9/19....:)

Johnybeas
12-09-2010, 06:29 PM
shoot me a pm depending on how well they sell after they are done I might be interested in doing some.

Johnybeas
12-09-2010, 06:33 PM
on another note got a hold of the CNC guy I'll be getting him the prototype here sometime next week. We need to get the mounting brackets and vacuum hose nipples laid out first before he can them started. Also waiting on AEM to send the filters. Will update soon. Hopefully we should be on schedule and shipping out and arriving for xmas. We'll see it might be tight.

thickasxthieves
12-31-2010, 09:46 AM
any updates?

Johnybeas
01-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Unfortunately its at a standstill right now my CNC guy has to order new parts for his machine before he can finish out intakes :( he said they are working on it and will get it done for me as soon as possible. I guess their 3in. piece is broken and has to be replaced. I was hoping to hear from him this week but nothing yet. I'll call him monday, he's really excited to help us out so he's doing his best to make it sooner rather than later, however I'm at his mercy now. :( I'll let you guys know when I know. If he isn't able to do it within the next week or two I'll refund the money until he gets the part in to do it.

icingdeath88
01-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Any word? Delays are very forgivable as long as you keep us updated :)

Johnybeas
01-24-2011, 11:20 PM
switching to a different bender for the time being, updates in a day or two, been slammed haven't been on the forums as much sorry. Still happening, hang in there.

NikFu S.
02-09-2011, 05:17 PM
* hanging *

Johnybeas
02-09-2011, 10:12 PM
sorry I've had 3 immobile cars and haven't had a chance to get the prototype to my new bender. should be able to get it over there Friday.

icingdeath88
02-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Got any pics of the prototype to ease the suspense? lol

Johnybeas
02-09-2011, 11:00 PM
I'll take some tomorrow if I can get to it. :)

icingdeath88
02-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Cool. Out of curiosity, are you having any extras made to hang onto to sell later on?

Johnybeas
02-10-2011, 08:08 PM
yes this should be a normal production item for us.

Johnybeas
02-19-2011, 10:06 PM
just as a teaser here is the upper part of the intake while we were getting everything set up for the vacuum line nipples

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14916&stc=1&d=1298178333

Jake@FAPFab
02-19-2011, 10:12 PM
jealous of that synchro!

Any reason for not using a true merge collector?

Johnybeas
02-20-2011, 01:03 AM
this is not the final product it was just to figure out where we want the bends etc and to show the cnc bender operator what to spit out :) that will not actually go on an SVX it's just a "Demo" version or a prototype persay

Johnybeas
02-20-2011, 03:50 PM
The first actual prototype will be produced by my bender and be test fitted back onto the SVX and I'll add pictures of that and if everything goes right the first time they will start spitting them out, and those who have already paid will finally get theirs.

Others will be able to see the dyno numbers and everyone who prepaid's impressions of how easy it is to install and what kind of difference they felt driving the vehicle.

torxxx
03-09-2011, 01:40 AM
How's everything going with this project? I just saw it, and I'm interested in a full air intake system if you've gotten them into production.

And how bout pics of one installed?

Lookin4SVX
03-09-2011, 05:52 AM
I'm glad I didn't jump on the wagon for one of these 6 months ago...

On a side note, are these ever going to be done and benched?
I still have interest, but with so much vaporware for the SVX...
I wont get my hopes up until I see some production units out among the forum.

Johnybeas
03-09-2011, 06:09 AM
had some set backs with the benders. first company thought they were going to have the cash to get the correct die's for their bender in time, ran into financial issues and wasn't going to be able to help us out. We got referred to a second bender, however they are being a pain in the butt about how difficult it is for the SVX intakes. I am waiting on them to make a final decision and go ahead and start making them.

They have been designed and figured out, just waiting on full production ones to get made. I've already waved the money in the benders faces saying that I was committed, their main concern is the amount of work involved and whether it'd be worth their time or not. I have assured them the interest and am doing my best to push them to get it done. This will happen whether I get someone with a CNC bender to do it or not. Worst comes to worst they will have to be hand fabed and I'll get a few pieces bent for me to make it as clean as possible.

First one getting made is gonna cost me a pretty penny and will probably be absolutely no mark up on it I may even have to bite the bullet on some of it just so that I can get the ball rolling. I'm sorry this is taking a bit guys! I know it's tough with our community and people lack of motivation to help us. but rest assured I'll make it happen and it'll be a quality product with good numbers.

My dyno guy is even gettin on me wonderin why we haven't gotten them in to run the car yet. I have the filters and stuff already I'm just waiting for the damn CNC benders! :( They will be worth the wait!

On another note though, while working this project I've talked with a few benders,fabbers etc. about potentially getting some suspension parts made and they are all for it, so I'm gonna be getting a few things made soon suspension wise as well so once **** starts rolling it'll blow up! :D I'm really excited about these products and once again I'm sincerely sorry about the wait, I honestly wanted them done and out by xmas but it's really been out of my hands. I'll update with more pictures etc soon.

1986nate
03-10-2011, 01:51 AM
John, Why didn't you just do like YT did and fab them yourself? Or even, I think it was Nevin who did one on his own after YT came out with his, but ask him for advice/help? The 2nd to do it wasn't pretty but pretty sure it had the same (at least better than stock) affect than the stock setup... Just saying, Outsourcing costs more money which means, less money that you could be making.

Hopefully you don't take offense to this, just constructive criticism. With some pipe and some welding, you aren't relying on anyone else, and you get the profits instead of most of the (profit) going elsewhere to a company/fabber who could give 2 sh!ts about the SVX....

Johnybeas
03-10-2011, 07:28 AM
reason for doing it the way we did was because we wanted every product to be identical production quality so that we could stand by a guaranty of how well it was going to do on the customers car whether it be the first intake or the 100th you know you're getting the exact same product that joe schmucatellii got when he bought the first one.

Also we wanted it to look like a professional product instead of a diy. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a DIY product, however we want all of our intakes to look like they were made by a company such as AEM etc who does it for their livelyhood. And once the first one or two are made profits will be better it's just conning the asshole with the tool to use it :D

NikFu S.
03-10-2011, 01:24 PM
*willing to wait for the nice-looking product*

Johnybeas
03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
updated the original post. but with some talking today with the guy he decided he will give it a try. So we have to get in the material for him to bend and then we should be good to go. I'll update more soon!

Johnybeas
03-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Ok so here's the update, trying to source some good bendable aluminum in the size we're looking for, bender said he'll go for it, but we've been having issues finding the material he needs. Most of the stuff we've found is too hard for the tight bends we need. I'll update more soon.

SoobCrazy
03-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Since you're having trouble finding a suitable material, what about substituting the tight AL bends with some custom angled silicone elbows from these folks?

http://www.hosetechniques.com/

Johnybeas
03-27-2011, 04:03 PM
The idea has been talked about already, we're gonna see if we can get it set up the way we'd like, but yes that is the plan B. Thanks for the link.

Johnybeas
04-07-2011, 07:30 AM
FOUND A SUPPLIER FOR WHAT WE NEED! :) I can't believe how hard it was to find someone who would supply the materials we need for these bends! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully the aluminum will be here soon and they will be done, boxed and out the door!

oregondave
04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
You should just get a stage I instead :)

what does stage I consist of? What does it do?

Lookin4SVX
04-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Dont forget, before you box and ship, you still have to:

for the doubters there will be dyno results etc for comparison between the following:
OEM intake system on a stock SVX
Motorsport Stage III CAI (with green filter) on a stock vehicle
Motorsport Stage III CAI on a modified SVX with hydra
TruSpeed Stage I on a stock vehicle
TruSpeed Stage I on a modified SVX with hydra
TruSpeed Stage II on a stock SVX
TruSpeed Stage III on a modified SVX with hydra (hydra is required for stageIII)

I also would like to see some A/F number to show just how lean this will run on stock fuel system.

Don't mind me, I'm always pessimistic and skeptical.
It is absolutely nothing personal against you.

I do hope to see worthwhile numbers so I too can pick up one of these up someday.

Johnybeas
04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Don't worry my dyno guy is already anxiously waiting for us to come test our product down on the dyno. I already have told him all the details of what has been going on. I still have another SVX that is completely stock that will be going with me.

I'm hoping that if this new shop goes through that I'll have it done and ready for the SVX for a car show we are attending, so there will be lots of pictures of the Stage III installed.

Stage one as has been stated earlier is just a short ram intake, so instead of going into the wheel well it will just sit in the engine bay. It will consist of the dual pipe set up from the throttle bodies and will go to a y and then to a maf adapter.

If anyone has anymore questions feel free to post them. I'll post pictures soon when the pipe gets here and gets done from the bender.

Johnybeas
04-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Ok so initial post updated because of cost of materials and manufacturing process, if I can get the costs down the price will come down. However those who already bought in to the product not only get free shipping, but their price will not go up.

oregondave
04-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Don't worry my dyno guy is already anxiously waiting for us to come test our product down on the dyno. I already have told him all the details of what has been going on. I still have another SVX that is completely stock that will be going with me.

I'm hoping that if this new shop goes through that I'll have it done and ready for the SVX for a car show we are attending, so there will be lots of pictures of the Stage III installed.

Stage one as has been stated earlier is just a short ram intake, so instead of going into the wheel well it will just sit in the engine bay. It will consist of the dual pipe set up from the throttle bodies and will go to a y and then to a maf adapter.

If anyone has anymore questions feel free to post them. I'll post pictures soon when the pipe gets here and gets done from the bender.

is the stage one an easy bolt on? what are the reviews like? Any additional mods necessary? Cost?

Sorry i've looked through the thread and didn't see these details.

oregondave
04-07-2011, 04:19 PM
i see the updated costs thanks

Johnybeas
04-28-2011, 08:54 PM
local benders were being a huge pain in the butt and weren't worth working with got referred to a bender in WY called them explained the situation and they were more than happy and even EXCITED to fix my predicament. prototype intake shipped today to them and he should jump right on it. He said they've been slow and he'd put me at the top priority. This company is very experienced and have done a lot of good work for cars and aren't whining about the fact that we are bending aluminum. YAY! We might actually have a product out this month... who knows right?

Johnybeas
04-28-2011, 08:59 PM
also price will probably go right back down now that we're not dealing with those lazy asses anymore.

icingdeath88
04-28-2011, 10:44 PM
What's a nice way to say "b*tchin'"?

Nevermind.

b*tchin'.

NikFu S.
05-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Sooooooooooo... I'm starting to want this thing now that my car runs so fantastic.

Who I gotta cut to get things moving, eh? :ninja:

SoobCrazy
05-25-2011, 09:03 PM
+1. Hope to see something soon... :pics:

icingdeath88
06-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Any updates on this?

Johnybeas
06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
called the bender on thursday he said the main part of the prototype for test fit is bent and done he just has to add the vacuum line connections. I'll call him again tomorrow to see if he has it done and ready to ship for me to test. Once it gets here I'll install and take pics of it and post them. Then after that he will crank them out and have them to me and then they will finally go out to my very patient guinea pigs.

NikFu S.
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Wheeeee wheeee wheeeeeeeeeeee whee whee whee wheeeeeeeee! /guinea pig noises

Johnybeas
06-07-2011, 12:53 AM
prototype will be in my hot little hands at the latest by Friday....

Johnybeas
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Prototype shiping to me today might not see it till Monday, but you will have pictures by Tuesday.

LetItSnow
06-09-2011, 04:17 PM
To the dyno!

Johnybeas
06-09-2011, 06:12 PM
To the dyno!

Yessir. I'm excited to see the numbers!

NikFu S.
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
☆ Tuesday ☆

Lookin4SVX
06-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Duke Nukem Forever has been released, hows the intake coming?

LetItSnow
06-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Well, there's my Post of the Year nominee. :lol:

NikFu S.
06-15-2011, 02:14 PM
I second that nomination. XD

SoobCrazy
06-16-2011, 10:48 PM
I second that nomination. XD

Motion granted. Lets see that effing intake already!

Lookin4SVX
06-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I been waiting 2 months to make that comment, I'm glad others found it amusing.

I really do want to see some pics and numbers from this thing...

LetItSnow
06-17-2011, 02:09 PM
I really do want to see some pics and numbers from this thing...
<This thing? (http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0HAC6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1308341193&sr=1-1)>

Lookin4SVX
06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
For those that don't get the joke:

video here:
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/duke-nukem-forever-waitingforever/357077

P.S. I already seen pics and numbers on duke. ;)

LetItSnow
06-17-2011, 08:00 PM
P.S. I already seen pics and numbers on duke. ;)
Yeh, I kinda figured that.

Last I checked, JB hadn't been around in about a week. I'm sure he'll have some neat pictures or an exciting story when he gets back!

NikFu S.
06-22-2011, 02:51 PM
☆ Tuesday ☆

☆ Next Wednesday ☆

LetItSnow
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
☆ Next Wednesday ☆
Oh, come on! It hasn't even been ten months yet! That's peanuts to COBB time. /me looks at Johnny's hometown... You don't think he's working for COBB, do you? :eek:

Johnybeas
06-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey guys, I wish I had better news I've been calling everyday and finally got ahold of the guy he's getting me a tracking number, he left it boxed up and ready for someone in his shop to ship it before he left town for an event. Needless to say I'm still waiting like a puppy looking out the window for the mailman.... I'll have a status as to where it is tonight and hopefully by Friday I'll have pictures

jcimos
06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Still waiting........ebay:mad:

NikFu S.
06-22-2011, 08:14 PM
:mad:

Needless to say I'm still waiting like a puppy looking out the window for the mailman....

That's just too adorable, I can't stay mad at you dawwwww. :p

Lookin4SVX
06-30-2011, 09:40 AM
☆ Next Tuesday ☆
☆ Next Wednesday ☆

☆ Next Thursday ☆

3 weeks now waiting on shipping... where you order that intake from subaruparts.com? ;)

Pics yet?

NikFu S.
06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
EY FOO

You took my jyerb! :mad:

3 weeks now waiting on shipping... where you order that intake from subaruparts.com? ;)

:lol:

alltrac
07-04-2011, 03:42 PM
I doubt the intake will ever be made.

NikFu S.
07-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Supposedly it's [the 2nd prototype] made already, someone just fumbled it while shipping.

alltrac
07-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Maybe they should use the Pony Express for ground shipments.

LetItSnow
07-13-2011, 10:01 AM
☆ Trey Time ☆
I took yer jerb!

NikFu S.
07-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Whenever I open this thread it's like when I grab my glass to take a drink,

only to realize it is empty. :(

icingdeath88
07-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Whenever I open this thread it's like when I grab my glass to take a drink,

only to realize it is empty. :(

lol. That's poetic in sort of a sad way...

Anybody have Johny's number?

Lookin4SVX
07-13-2011, 03:36 PM
weeks just fly by don't they....

So whats the excuse now, they telling you UPS lost your package???

thickasxthieves
07-13-2011, 05:00 PM
my car is havin a hell of a time breathin, could really use something to clear that up :/

thickasxthieves
07-13-2011, 05:01 PM
also theres a number listed on the truspeed performance site, maybe give that a shot?

NikFu S.
07-25-2011, 09:00 PM
☆ Last Activity: 07-10-2011 01:40 PM ☆

Not happy right now.

Very close to pulling out.

icingdeath88
07-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Yea, this is getting ridiculous.

LetItSnow
07-25-2011, 09:39 PM
His life's been legitimately busy lately. I know it's been a long time, but you can't blame him for any delay in the last couple of weeks.

NikFu S.
07-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Does the boy not have a smart phone?

Set a bookmark to this thread, access it every few days and say "Hay guys, I'm not dead and I'm not gambling your money away in Vegas, so chill the **** out a little longer 'fore I can put this venture into high gaer." and remember to proof read your **** because you spelled gear wrong, which your phone didn't correct because you backspaced once and hit space again and the phone selected the misspelling because it thought that is what you wanted, so it was entered in as a legitimate word and if you're not paying attention you wouldn't think anything was amiss.

alltrac
07-26-2011, 12:28 AM
I pulled out along time ago.

Johnybeas
08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey guys, I realize I deserve the flack. Like letitsnow said I've been busy, and the project is still in the works and it is being made here are some pictures.
The problem:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15510&stc=1&d=1312396828
The hacked together idea:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15511&stc=1&d=1312396875
The result ver1:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15512&stc=1&d=1312396875
The merge:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15513&stc=1&d=1312396875
The test fit:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15514&stc=1&d=1312396875
after fitting I saw where I wanted to add the small bend at the end like the stock intake, and that they had run the duel section shorter than I had wanted, so after talking with Jared these things will be fixed as well as he will add the ports for the vacuum lines.

When I got back from my honeymoon I was a very happy camper when I saw the box with my prototype in it. I have already submitted the small adjustments to it. And should have a perfect prototype soon.

Just to give you guys a heads up on the "excuses" I had submitted my intake a long time ago to Jar-Tec in wyoming and they promised to have a prototype done up and returned within a week. After multiple calls I finally got ahold of Jared and he had been gone at a few events out of state and had left the prototype boxed and ready to ship but it never got sent it out. On top of that their shop phone line got shut off and I wasn't able to get ahold of them for a good month. Once he returned he sent the intake to me but when it arrived I had been in Mexico for my honeymoon. When I returned I only had time to take the box upstairs along with other wedding gifts, and no time to open it. I left the next day for California for my cousin's wedding and upon returning I have been playing catch up with my workload for the business as well as with projects we have going. I am in the process of moving into a 4K foot shop and closing a deal on a business loan. I realize that you guys are probably checking this thread daily but I honestly haven't even had a chance to look at the forums.

That all being said. The intake project is nearing completion. I apologize again for all the delays. I realize this project has not been ideal for anyone. However my word is good and it is getting completed. Thanks again for your patience I will update with pictures of the complete intake prototype when it gets here.

Johnybeas
08-03-2011, 12:56 PM
P.S.: Lower section and maf adapter are already done, they are not pictured because they are pretty basic, I'll show it all together once the new part comes in. Also I have everyone's filters sitting here too.

Johnybeas
08-03-2011, 02:11 PM
As a side note:

I have left other means of communication for a reason, my personal email is listed on my profile here as well as I have the link to the site for the shop which contains the shop number as well as my work email that I check a lot more than the forums. So if you are ever in need to get a hold of me please don't hesitate to get in contact with me via other means than this forum. As a performance shop owner I am on dozens of forums and am trying to respond to customers as quickly as possible. However, that being said I am not able to check every single one daily. The best way to get ahold of me is to shoot me an email on my work email **removed** or simply pick up the phone during business hours and call the number **removed**.

NikFu S.
08-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Awesome. I was bluffing about pulling out anyway. :D No effing way dudes, I'm all in.

icingdeath88
08-24-2011, 07:18 AM
any updates on this?

Myxalplyx
08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Looking good!

Huskymaniac
08-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Looking good!

Whatever happened with your intake? You actually had some dyno results for that, no?

NikFu S.
09-15-2011, 02:28 PM
'Bout time for an update. :cool:

LetItSnow
09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
'Bout time for an update. :cool:
You're older today than on August 3 (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=683179&postcount=140). That is all.

NikFu S.
09-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah and so is my car. Might have to park it and get a new ride before I even get this thing.

Johnybeas
09-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Hey guys,

Here is the latest. I finally heard back from them.

From: John Beasley <john.beasley@truspeed-performance.com>
To: headers@jar-tec.com
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:00 AM
Subject: TruSpeed Performance SVX Cold Air Intake project.

To whom it may concern,
I have been calling repeatedly and attempting to complete this project. My customers are getting quite impatient, I am also getting frustrated with the difficulty to get a hold of someone who knows about the project or knows the status of the project. I would very much like to get the needed changes completed and to have the intakes produced and get it over with. Please let me know how much we need for all the intakes and an estimated time of completion. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
--
John Beasley
TruSpeed Performance LLC
www.truspeed-performance.com
john.beasley@truspeed-performance.com
(801)243-7812

Subject Re: TruSpeed Performance SVX Cold Air Intake project.
Sender Jerod Jardine
Recipient john.beasley@truspeed-performance.com
Date Fri 10:31

I cannot build them from pictures. I jigged aluminum from 3" to make a 2.5" part. It didn't work quite right. The aluminum part is very hard to jig as well. To do this project correctly I would need a car to do the design work on.
As far as the material goes it would be in your best intrest for you to supply it. You are local to the suppliers. The tube has to annealed to dead soft condition. Some one needs to pick it up from EMJ or Marmon and take it to the heat treaters. When this is all done I can come pick it up and bend it.

I'm staying on this and being hard with them. They had previously said they could take care of the changes without me sending them anything else or without the car. Now they are saying something different. I once again apologize for the delays.

Johnybeas
10-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Material is being quoted and ordered once it comes in it will be heat treated, bent welded and packaged and shipped :)

Johnybeas
10-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Designed the vacuum fittings for the intake in a cnc cad program, will be getting them ordered soon, got the aluminum quote in and the material will be ordered next week it will get treated and bent, custom couplers are being made. Pictures to come.

Conn SVX
10-06-2011, 08:14 AM
What is the big benefit of the system HP gain etc. I know cool air is better for the motor. What is the $$$ for the complete unit ? I am getting on this horse late in the game sorry .

icingdeath88
10-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Very glad this is moving along again. End of November will be a year since it started. A year is a long time...

Johnybeas
10-06-2011, 02:11 PM
It's been a battle between benders, manufactures of the aluminum etc., and us. It's been a pain in the ass to get people to do their job. I realize this has not been ideal but until I threatened the bender that they responded. The first benders kept jacking up the prices and didn't want to do **** for us.

As far as power increase, the Tomyx intake showed a 19whp increase and around 20 ftlb torque increase, we are hoping to surpass that we have a smoother merge and longer 2 1/2 pipes the results for the tomyx were taken on a different type of dyno than what we will be using and also was tested at sea level, so exact numbers will be off, however the increase can be seen. We are hoping for ~25 whp increase. Dyno will tell.

httrdd
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Wow that wouls be impressive! About time we start talking Eg33 moddin. :lol:

Conn SVX
10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
I was told by someone that the ECU will only handle 250 Hp . I have the 1.5 V chip and still will not surpass that .

icingdeath88
10-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I was told by someone that the ECU will only handle 250 Hp . I have the 1.5 V chip and still will not surpass that .

It's not that the ECU that maxes out strictly speaking - it's the MAF that can't read more than 250 HP worth of air.

And that's exactly why there's a Z32 MAF chilling in my garage next two 11 370cc injectors and a stage 2 chip.

Proper cold air intake + cams should set me at least above 250 at the crank, hopefully more. Will have to get it on a dyno and find out. In winter. So the air outside is nice and cold and dense. :)

LetItSnow
10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
As far as power increase, the Tomyx intake showed a 19whp increase and around 20 ftlb torque increase, we are hoping to surpass that we have a smoother merge and longer 2 1/2 pipes the results for the tomyx were taken on a different type of dyno than what we will be using and also was tested at sea level, so exact numbers will be off, however the increase can be seen. We are hoping for ~25 whp increase. Dyno will tell.
Please do dyno to low RPM, as well. Starting at 4k doesn't show whether there are actually losses down low, or whether removing any resonators causes misreadings at the MAF.

Johnybeas
10-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Will do! We will be doing dyno on oem, motorsport's stage 3 CAI, and our Stage I Stage II and Stage III.

SoobCrazy
10-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Looking forward to the results, hopefully sooner than later...

NikFu S.
11-03-2011, 11:16 PM
☆ One Month Later ☆

spleen_merchant
11-17-2011, 03:57 AM
Any updates here? will you dyno on a stock or ecutune ecu svx? I will definitely buy if we see even small noticeable improvement across the rev range.

Johnybeas
11-27-2011, 02:20 AM
material got backordered that's the most recent delay everything is prepped n waiting just waiting on material

icingdeath88
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
http://victorybriefsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Bump-Sign.jpg

Johnybeas
12-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Just talked with EMJ today, the material is now available, it'll be coming from chicago. I'll take some pictures when it gets in and gets annealed :)

thickasxthieves
01-24-2012, 11:45 AM
So have the goods arrived?

Lookin4SVX
01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
This thread was started on: 09-25-2010.

On 10-08-2010, I posted that I would only want one if they were aluminum...
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=659774&postcount=22

12-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Prototype SVX Intake basically done, needs to be fine tuned and CNCed into an official product and then it's to the dyno for testing.

So it has been over year now waiting on aluminum. :-/

I just want to say I'm sorry to those people that wanted this thing. I just had to chime in and say it should be aluminum..

NikFu S.
01-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Lol. I much prefer aluminum over steel.

I hear there has been a shortage lately, though, and you can thank China.

SoobCrazy
01-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Second that motion. Unless it is AL, you can count me out.

This thread was started on: 09-25-2010.

On 10-08-2010, I posted that I would only want one if they were aluminum...
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=659774&postcount=22

12-03-2010, 06:21 PM

So it has been over year now waiting on aluminum. :-/

I just want to say I'm sorry to those people that wanted this thing. I just had to chime in and say it should be aluminum..

TomsSVX
01-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Waiting over a year for r&d of an intake..... i dont see this ever happening lol

Tom

SVXRide
01-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Waiting over a year for r&d of an intake..... i dont see this ever happening lol

Tom

YT,

If it helps any, I just got the modified 3" pipe back from the welder so I can finally connect the Scorpion to the stock MAF/Airbox :rolleyes:

Bill

Johnybeas
01-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Just got an email from EMJ today. The system shows 77 lengths of the 2.5 x .065 and 62 tubes of the 3 x .065. We've got everything on order and it will be shipped next week. I'll get in contact with the heat treater and make sure they are ready once the tube gets in from Chicago. Thanks for your patience. I will get everything turned out as soon as the tube comes in.

TomsSVX
02-21-2012, 07:17 PM
My case of use once a month popcorn is empty... need moar entertainment

Tom

SVXRide
02-21-2012, 07:31 PM

Tom

So, when are you going to make it down to MD again? ;)

Bill

thickasxthieves
02-23-2012, 01:32 PM
This thread needs more cowbell. and intake-y goodness.

LetItSnow
02-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Cow gon' be dead before bell'd if them bells' from Utah, too, ah tell you whut.

icingdeath88
02-23-2012, 02:08 PM
If this isn't done within the month I'll be expecting my money back...

1986nate
02-23-2012, 02:09 PM

Tom

Cow gon' be dead before bell'd if them bells' from Utah, too, ah tell you whut.

:lol::lol::lol:
Well good thing the apocalypse is coming so he won't have to pay back those people that sent money over a year ago.:WTF:

httrdd
02-23-2012, 02:58 PM
I would never wait that long. :eek:

TomsSVX
02-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Wait... people put deposits on this???

Dats a joke right?

Tom

TomsSVX
02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
So, when are you going to make it down to MD again? ;)

Bill

Man has a need... what is it billiam?

Tom

1986nate
02-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Wait... people put deposits on this???

Dats a joke right?

Tom

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=662289&postcount=45

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=662297&postcount=46

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=662315&postcount=47

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=663556&postcount=56

So, is it these 3 that have had money "IN" this for now, roughly 15 months?

Last I checked, I think you guys are close to statute of limitations for getting money back since there's nothing to show for your moneyz.:eek:

cthommes
02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
The most ironic point to consider is the thread is posted in a forum titled "Proven Engine Enhancements"

1986nate
02-23-2012, 05:20 PM
The most ironic point to consider is the thread is posted in a forum titled "Proven Engine Enhancements"

:lol::lol:

With YT's original design and ACTUAL product, it was proven ;)

NikFu S.
02-23-2012, 07:54 PM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=662289&postcount=45

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=662297&postcount=46

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=662315&postcount=47

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=663556&postcount=56

So, is it these 3 that have had money "IN" this for now, roughly 15 months?

Last I checked, I think you guys are close to statute of limitations for getting money back since there's nothing to show for your moneyz.:eek:

I do. Only reason I haven't been barking about this is because I don't really have a use for the intake yet.
Suffice to say I've had my doubts for a few months now, though.

thickasxthieves
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
15 months for me was feb 11 this year....

johnny lets see some pics of the goods its been a month

or i might just file with payspal and hope to get lucky

Green1995SVX
02-24-2012, 05:39 PM
15 months for me was feb 11 this year....

johnny lets see some pics of the goods its been a month

or i might just file with payspal and hope to get lucky

You're well past the time limitation to file a paypal dispute.

LetItSnow
02-24-2012, 08:58 PM
You're well past the time limitation to file a paypal dispute.
That's for sure.

Naturally, you could just ask him for the money back to start off, yeh?

Green1995SVX
02-24-2012, 09:04 PM
That's for sure.

Naturally, you could just ask him for the money back to start off, yeh?

That's actually a very good point. Has anybody actually just asked him for their money back?

icingdeath88
02-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I told him a couple days ago that he has one month to deliver or I want my money back. If the others do the same, that would be great.

Cam
02-24-2012, 11:43 PM
He constantly posts on Facebook about money problems and needing a second job, or getting fired from it. I doubt he still has the funds or could reimburse the people who have paid him already.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Sean486
02-25-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm so glad I never bought into this.

Johnybeas
03-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I had decided to wait to update until I had a worthwhile update, but the banter and troll fest has caused significant uproar and I've had friends of mine call concerned explaining the recent activity on the forums, so I'll give an update.

I've put a lot of time and money into this project, the cost of the steel, aluminum and labor times to refine the design, dealing with multiple mandrel benders and paying for their time as well as shipping of material and prototypes. None of this cost has been passed on to the customer.

I've pushed as hard as I could with this project, but gotten nothing but grief since day one. The few of you that bought into the project hardly paid for initial material and time to refine the design. I've been paying out of pocket for a while now.

The aluminum is a 6061 T6 in order to be properly bent it must be annealed to a 0 quality before it can be bent. Once bent to the proper angles, it must be welded together, hardened back to a T6, fittings for the vacuum line piece that are cnced to precision size must be welded on.

I've already purchased all the filters, and the silicone couplers for more than just the kits that have been purchased. I cannot order the material for just the amount of intakes that were ordered I have to order more material because of not only length minimums for the orders, but also for any material that does not bend correctly. This combined with the issues with dealing with 3 different benders, lack of availability of the correct type of aluminum, shipping issues and the amount of cost have made this project take a good amount of time. I have apologized repeatedly for the delays and am doing the best that I can with this.

I will Upload a copy of the order, pictures of the material, and pictures of the annealing process and bending when I have them uploaded to my computer.

I would appreciate if I didn't receive any more threats, if you have any more concerns that I am doing my job, please... as I've requested in the past email or call me. Do not sit and give into the mob mentality and participate in internet bullying. I'm an honest hard working person trying to create a quality line of products for the SVX.

NikFu S.
03-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I will Upload a copy of the order, pictures of the material, and pictures of the annealing process and bending when I have them uploaded to my computer.

That would be fantastic. We will also need a copy of your original birth certificate.

Johnybeas
03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
That would be fantastic. We will also need a copy of your original birth certificate.

LMAO, glad to see there is still a good heart around the forums it renews my faith. :)

svxfiles
03-02-2012, 10:11 PM

Can you gullable Americans be ok with a photocopy of my "birth certificate?"

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, snort!

I am comander of free world! Bow before me!
Praise Alah!

oab_au
03-03-2012, 04:08 PM
I don"t think they had them, way back then.:rolleyes:

Harvey.

icingdeath88
03-03-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16054&stc=1&d=1330816478

Subaru Alliance
03-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I have been keeping an eye on this thread for a few weeks now, I look forward to seeing this project completed.

Myxalplyx
03-07-2012, 02:10 AM
:) Looks around, then returns to the abyss. :D

Johnybeas
03-11-2012, 09:54 PM
This is what has been ordered, pics to come. That is all

Green1995SVX
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I think you accidentally posted the quote for the material, not the invoice. :)

TomsSVX
03-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Its also for trustreet perf.....

It was also in october...

Thats not proof of anything except you thought about doing it months after you took deposits.

Figure your **** out b4 you take anyones $

I put out thousands for the hydra before i sold anyone on it... i also handed it to you thinking someone might b able to merely keep it going... i was mistaken badly
Tom

Johnybeas
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Its also for trustreet perf.....

It was also in october...

Thats not proof of anything except you thought about doing it months after you took deposits.

Figure your **** out b4 you take anyones $

I put out thousands for the hydra before i sold anyone on it... i also handed it to you thinking someone might b able to merely keep it going... i was mistaken badly
Tom

That quote was the original quote it has since been ordered, I am not pushing any products on anyone right now and I'm not trying to "prove" anything, just trying to show the cost of the material and quantities. It was something temporary to throw up to keep people informed. I spoke with the representative over the phone and he misheard me and put it as True street instead of TruSpeed, it has since been updated and fixed. I material has been given to an annealer and I didn't take the pictures of it before it went I am going next week to pick it up and will take pictures then.

I've put info on the hydra on multiple sites, but it was the same as when you were selling it. The info is there, I've had it available, answered everyone's questions and had multiple people say they had plans to purchase them but haven't yet.

If people really want "proof" that I acted immediately you can view the attached paypal receipt. I never had paper quotes from the first two mandrel benders. I spoke with them over the phone and in person. I also had a partner that I was working on the project with me that has since backed out. He has receipts for materials used for tiging the initial intake.

You can speak with RUKTek here in Sandy, DR Gas here in Sandy, or Jar-Tech in Wyoming about the bending quotes that they made or the multiple times I worked with them about the bending. RUKTek was supposed to be getting in a 3in. die so they could help me on the bending, but ended up not having the funding and took forever to decide they couldn't do the bending. I then worked with DR Gas who said they would supply the material and do the bending, I spent 3 months calling every few days and stopping by weekly with continued promises that they were working on it and would get back to me.

Finally he said he hadn't called any of the aluminum suppliers and gave me their information so that I could contact them. After calling and quoting with 5 different companies and checking to see if they had the aluminum that would work with DR Gas's bender. I had the aluminum ready to be ordered and then DR Gas changed their pricing on how much they were going to charge me for the bending I said ok fine, not a problem and I had cash in hand ready, he kept saying I need to check with the owner (his father) I need to check if he'll take on the project.

After a few more months and of games and lies he said finally that they would not take on the project because they thought it wouldn't be worth their time. I did more research found another bender in Wyoming, called and they said they'd take on the project. I shipped the first prototype to him which he promised to get right on, and once it was received he called with clarification questions. I responded and he said he would have an intake prototype in steel shipped to me in a week.

I called a week later when I had still yet to receive the prototype and asked if he had shipped it. He said he hadn't completed the prototype and that they were swamped and that it wouldn't be out for another week. I called again couldn't get ahold of them and again a few days later. I played this game for another month and when I finally got ahold of someone it was the owner who said he didn't know anything about the project and that the guy who was supposed to be doing it for me was out of town working on another project.

He gave me the guys cell and I finally got ahold of him and he said he had left the package with the owner to have it shipped to me and that he would get me a tracking number later that day. Never heard from him. Heard from him a week later and got a tracking number and a package shortly after.

I test fitted and replied with feedback. He said he was going to source the material and then we could bend it. He made some calls and got back to me a few days later. He said that the material he found needed to be annealed before he could bend it, so I did some research and found annealers and got price quotes and then attempted to get the aluminum.

After that it's been back ordered material and funding etc. I have the material in and being annealed. It will be bent to shape and welded etc. product will be hardened, one will be powdercoated, they will be packaged and shipped, while they are being shipped the intake that I have here will be Dyno tested and compared to other products and results will be posted. This is the remaining time frame.

I have revised the original post with correct info.

cthommes
03-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Not being one of the original investors gives me the unique perspective to say:

Everyone quit quibbling about this and just get the project finished so I can purchase a finished product!!!

Johnybeas
03-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Spoke with the annealer today, aluminum will be ready for pick up on Friday. I will be calling the bender tomorrow to schedule a time for him to start bending.

NikFu S.
03-20-2012, 02:25 AM
If he tells you to bite his shiny metal ass just run a magnet over his head. That will whip him into shape.

icingdeath88
03-20-2012, 08:12 AM
If he tells you to bite his shiny metal ass just run a magnet over his head. That will whip him into shape.

lololol fgdfgd

svxfiles
03-20-2012, 09:36 AM

"Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care!"

dragoontwo
03-20-2012, 10:21 AM
"Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care!"

Take THAT you stupid corn!

SoobCrazy
04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Tick-tock...

httrdd
04-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Damn guys pm Jake from fapfab! He will whip yiu up an full intake it will look and function amazing. You guys have some real patience to deal with this guy!

thickasxthieves
04-07-2012, 08:31 PM
patience is a virtue grasshopper.

ooooooooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ooooooooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

etc.

thickasxthieves
04-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LetItSnow
04-18-2012, 07:04 AM
How long until your legs go numb from the lotus position? :lol:

sicksubie
04-18-2012, 10:29 AM
You might want to get up and stretch... This will take a while. I bought camber plates a year ago from Johnnybeas and after waiting 9 months I asked for my money back... 3-4 months later still no refund.

Johnybeas
04-18-2012, 10:16 PM
As usual I'm blamed for stuff that's out of my control.

Bobby,
Camber caster plates came in but were incorrect ones, I ordered the plates from K-Mac for both you and Icingdeath at the same time he received his in a timely manor. I waited two months for you just to submit payment for the plates originally, and Icingdeath had to wait a bit before I submitted his order because we were waiting on you so I didn't have to charge high shipping prices to both of you.

I also sold you the plates at a significant discount, and extended the discount for you even though you didn't actually pay for the item until I had stopped the promo. K-Mac sent the incorrect ones for you and I have the Stage I's sitting here still, that I cannot sell, cannot return, and I don't have the capital to refund you on a part I payed K-Mac for. I've been sending multiple emails, I tried calling their number and paid for international calls and have yet to get a hold of them.

Everyone else,
It is tax season and myself as well as the businesses I've been working with have been very busy, I have had the aluminum annealed and it's been packaged and sent to the bender to bend and put together, I've been working out packaging and final details to get them out to you guys.

I have pics of the material at the annealer's but haven't had time to upload the pictures yet. I also have pictures of the prototype test fitted into the box with the filter and couplers. I will update with what I can while I wait for the bender to do his job, and ship me back the completed intakes. After that they will be hardened, polished, one will be powdered, packaged and shipped.

Next stage will be dyno time. I will schedule a few hours that I can do a pull on stock, pull with Motorsport Warehouse's Stage III, Our Stage I, Stage II, and Stage III. I will then create a map for the stage III for hydra users that can be added as an option to the Stage III intake.

Johnybeas
04-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Here is a quick phone picture of the stage III prototype, sorry the quality isn't that great.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16244&stc=1&d=1334812101

NikFu S.
04-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Looks good, though it doesn't look like it goes through the fender?

Am I just not looking at it right?

icingdeath88
04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Looks good, though it doesn't look like it goes through the fender?

Am I just not looking at it right?

Not looking at it right. It goes through the fender somewhere around that last coupler. Otherwise, the filter would be sitting where the ABS is.

thickasxthieves
04-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Intake is lookin good Johnny. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything is moving along. Thanks for doing the work and logisitics for all this.

Johnybeas
04-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Not looking at it right. It goes through the fender somewhere around that last coupler. Otherwise, the filter would be sitting where the ABS is.

What he said, but yes on your stage II you will go into a maf adapter and maf after the 30deg bend where the last coupler is. After which you will attach to the last coupler and go into the wheel well.

Johnybeas
04-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Intake is lookin good Johnny. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything is moving along. Thanks for doing the work and logisitics for all this.

Thank you, glad to see my work is appreciated by some people.

Lookin4SVX
05-19-2012, 10:53 PM

Diablo III has been released, how the intake coming?

Its been a month since the last update... any news, pics, numbers?

icingdeath88
05-19-2012, 11:14 PM
http://tf2chan.net/dis/src/133277142475.png

NikFu S.
05-20-2012, 12:07 AM

Hahaha.

Diablo 3 looks awesome, and it only took what, 12 years? :lol:

http://tf2chan.net/dis/src/133277142475.png

dragoontwo
05-27-2012, 08:08 AM

I think we're still waiting on Starcraft: Ghost.

Lookin4SVX
05-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I think we're still waiting on Starcraft: Ghost.

I see what you did there, nice vaporware reference.

LetItSnow
05-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Thank you, glad to see my work is appreciated by some people.
404: Work not really found. :WTF:

Green1995SVX
05-27-2012, 02:52 PM
So I assume everyone that has paid money has received their intakes and is loving them?

...Wait, what?

NikFu S.
05-29-2012, 05:35 PM
How are those taiwanese coilovers coming? :p

Green1995SVX
05-30-2012, 10:18 PM
How are those taiwanese coilovers coming? :p

I was hoping they'd arrive with my copy of Duke Nukem Forever. No luck.

larryhopper1967
05-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Johnny,
Since you don't reply to private email...I thought to try this method. 19 months ago, I paid in full for CAI. I thought the product was almost ready for production when I paid for the items. Now 19 months later...I'm asking questions....and I'm not getting it. I'm asking nicely for you to refund the money via paypal. Sorry but I'm just tire of waiting. At this time....I don't need the CAI....I can use money on other things. So please refund the money or I will file a claim with paypal....for not recieving a product in which I paid for.

Thanks,
Larry

Green1995SVX
05-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Johnny,
Since you don't reply to private email...I thought to try this method. 19 months ago, I paid in full for CAI. I thought the product was almost ready for production when I paid for the items. Now 19 months later...I'm asking questions....and I'm not getting it. I'm asking nicely for you to refund the money via paypal. Sorry but I'm just tire of waiting. At this time....I don't need the CAI....I can use money on other things. So please refund the money or I will file a claim with paypal....for not recieving a product in which I paid for.

Thanks,
Larry

Larry-

Is it possible to file a PayPal claim after all this time? I thought there was a limitation.

Green1995SVX
05-30-2012, 10:29 PM
I answered my own question.

You have 45 days from the date you purchased an item to open a dispute. If you choose to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim, you need to do so within 20 days of opening the dispute. Otherwise it will be closed automatically.

LetItSnow
05-30-2012, 10:43 PM
If he's got no money for Bobby, he probably doesn't have any for anyone else. It's a fantastic example of misappropriation of funds. There's no money and no product. Maybe you paid for his intervening nuptials?

Lookin4SVX
05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Popcorn!
http://fail.brm.sk/the_rest/popcorn.gif

icingdeath88
05-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Johnny,

Thanks,
Larry

This is about where I am as well. It got pretty ridiculous a long time ago. Time to either deliver the goods or refund the money.

Even if paypal won't accept a claim, if Johny expects to get any more business from the SVX crowd, it's pretty important that he come through one way or the other. Certainly from me.

larryhopper1967
05-31-2012, 11:00 PM
This is about where I am as well. It got pretty ridiculous a long time ago. Time to either deliver the goods or refund the money.

Even if paypal won't accept a claim, if Johny expects to get any more business from the SVX crowd, it's pretty important that he come through one way or the other. Certainly from me.

Even if I don't get my money back....think I will have a chat with the person that run this site and address my concern. We don't need a person that take people money claiming to have a product while he doesn't have anything except our cash. We don't need that on here. Wow...almost 2 years....sound like priority for the project is pretty F U!

larryhopper1967
05-31-2012, 11:06 PM
I answered my own question.

Don't really know if it possible. But I can address the person that run this site and see where that might lead me also.

All I'm asking is my money back...and Johny should be man enough to give back what he took.......

Why sell a product that you don't have...19 months....

By not returning the money.....then this turn into a fraud/scam case on Johny.

1986nate
05-31-2012, 11:47 PM
This (http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/auto-repair-and-service/truspeed-performance-in-sandy-ut-22309688) is probably going to be the only way of action at this point.

larryhopper1967
06-01-2012, 09:22 PM
This (http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/auto-repair-and-service/truspeed-performance-in-sandy-ut-22309688) is probably going to be the only way of action at this point.

Thanks, I will file a complaint with BBB and maybe moderator should consider removing a member due to fraud or misrepresentation of a product. If you need proof of paypal transction Id ...please let me know.
Larry

LetItSnow
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
TruSpeed Performance. An honest, no hassle, low cost alternative for your performance needs.
:rolleyes:

larryhopper1967
06-02-2012, 02:36 PM
:rolleyes:

Honest.....that explain why he took the money and haven't produce the product under two years. No Hassle....19 months after payment and still no product. Cheap.....Yes, it's cheap when he take your money..and don't produce the product....actually that a steal of a deal if you ask me. Maybe he have been honest to you but to all the people that he promise and took money from to make this intake....he hasn't come thru yet. And avoiding private emails and messages is not what I would call Honest. And if he's really honest....then show me the money or the product! He can't because he already misuse and spent other people money for making this product on other things. It doesn't take two years to make a product. And if you are not at the production level, then don't take people money and hold on to it for 2 yrs. The bottom line, Truspeed really got in over his head on this one. Lack in priority and organization to make this project work.

LetItSnow
06-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Ah, just quoting Truspeed's mission statement. I have no testimonial to offer.

Johnybeas
06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Dear SVXers,

I have to say I'm quite disappointed at the way things have played out with this project and I understand everyone's frustrations. I am not going to respond to all the negative comments this time, I'm merely going to state that all money that was put into this project has been used for this project and this project alone. I'm saddened that no one has yet to make an attempt to contact any of the email addresses that I have provided nor have any of you called me on the phone. I have offered up many means to contact me.

I am posting my reply to Larry that I provided to the better business bureau, and I hope that when you all receive your products that retract your negative comments about me and my hard work. I am no longer checking this forum to listen to people banter. I come on here to post updates to the project and that is it. If you would like to reach me you can contact me via email at john.beasley@truspeed-performance.com or call me at 801-948-0877, I may not drop everything to get back to you within thirty seconds of your attempt to reach me but I will get back with you within 1-2 business days. I always have my phone with me but am not always able to answer it, but if you leave a detailed message I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

My Response to the BBB Claim:

"Back in 2010 we had as the customer stated started a project within the Subaru SVX enthusiast community in which we had asked for initial buy in participants who would be able to help fund the project's research and development, as well as receive the product at a discounted rate. These customers were told that their money was to be used to purchase initial materials for project, since then TruSpeed has funded the rest of the project, which has included multiple prototypes, many different materials, as well as labor.

The customers have been kept up to date on a regular basis with all the details of the hiccups and problems with the project, including but not limited to the change of service providers to not only bend the materials, but also to provide them. We have also dealt with back ordered materials, shipping times and holidays. TruSpeed is still investing money into this project and has sent materials to be bent and completed by Jar-Tec in Wyoming, the materials will then be returned to TruSpeed at which time they will be hardened and packaged for delivery. There have been many incidents that have played into the delays of the project, and while we are apologetic for the delays as they were not planned we are not responsible for them.

As a small business we are not able to completely fund every venture we wish to undertake, therefore, we looked to the community that supports these vehicles to help make this project possible. This being said revenue is in short supply and we have not passed this on to the customer. We have provided many means of communication for our customers to reach us with any questions and concerns, of which this customer has used none. We feel that we are in complete compliance with the original contract that we made with this customer and will produce a product before July 30th 2012. "

TomsSVX
06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Only wait 2 more months for a copy of a product that was made years ago... I for one no longer feel as if you should be permitted to do any sort of business on this site any more.

Tom

Green1995SVX
06-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Johny-

First let me say that I truly understand your situation. I really do. I've been in your shoes, and I have in the past pissed off a lot of people on this forum.

A word of advice: Give people their money back. People are extremely skeptical at this point, and after all this time, who wouldn't be? If you don't have the money to refund everyone, contact them privately, explain your situation, tell them when you intend to refund their money, and follow through with your promises. The people on this forum are extremely understanding people, and you'll find that this will help you regain peoples' respect, and really lift a weight off of your shoulders.

Once you've done that, continue with the development of your intake if you like. Since you won't have anybody's money, there wont be any pressure, and you will be free to work on it at your own glacial pace without upsetting anybody. Then, once it's done, you can put them up for sale and have some actual happy customers.

Ignoring this thread is the absolute worst thing you could possibly do. At the very least, people want updates very often, which is something you haven't been providing.

I really, truly hope that you take my advice seriously. You won't believe how good you'll feel if you do what I've outlined. Also, please don't take this post as sarcastic or confrontational in anyway. It's intended to be caring and completely serious.

Stevebsy
06-06-2012, 08:50 PM
I agree 100% with Mike here.

I have also been that guy whose stuff people were unhappily waiting for, and it is not a pleasant place to be. :( When I dug myself out and send that last refund, it was a very good day indeed.

I would follow his advice before this goes much farther. A timely resolution will do everyone well.

Also, a moderatorial note to everyone - keep this thread civil from here forward, please.

Johny-

First let me say that I truly understand your situation. I really do. I've been in your shoes, and I have in the past pissed off a lot of people on this forum.

A word of advice: Give people their money back. People are extremely skeptical at this point, and after all this time, who wouldn't be? If you don't have the money to refund everyone, contact them privately, explain your situation, tell them when you intend to refund their money, and follow through with your promises. The people on this forum are extremely understanding people, and you'll find that this will help you regain peoples' respect, and really lift a weight off of your shoulders.

Once you've done that, continue with the development of your intake if you like. Since you won't have anybody's money, there wont be any pressure, and you will be free to work on it at your own glacial pace without upsetting anybody. Then, once it's done, you can put them up for sale and have some actual happy customers.

Ignoring this thread is the absolute worst thing you could possibly do. At the very least, people want updates very often, which is something you haven't been providing.

I really, truly hope that you take my advice seriously. You won't believe how good you'll feel if you do what I've outlined. Also, please don't take this post as sarcastic or confrontational in anyway. It's intended to be caring and completely serious.

icingdeath88
06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
We feel that we are in complete compliance with the original contract that we made with this customer and will produce a product before July 30th 2012. "

July 30th? You said it. I will hold you to it.

Green1995SVX
06-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Annnnnd... No response. :(

larryhopper1967
06-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Annnnnd... No response. :(

I agree with advice you gave Johnybeas. And you do have support from other members like Stevebsy, TomSVX, and icingdeath88. All I can tell you guys is I did try to make contact with Johnybeas....by private email and inbox on this site without a response. Which lead me to file a complaint with the BBB in UTAH. The good news out of this is, we got an ETD of the product. Now let see if he will follow thru with his promise. Waiting 21 months is far too long and it I knew this from the beginning, I would have never put money into this project.

Filing complaint with BBB is not easy for me because that mess with a person lifely hood. But at the same time, he (Johnybeas) took people money and drag this project out for almost 2 years, which is ridiculous. Small business or not, this is a supply and demand economy. He claim that he can make the product and I wanted for my SVX and paid for it. Lesson learn for me, I will never send anyone via paypal for anything unless they have the product ready to be shipped. Like Mike say, Paypal has only a 45 days policy to file a claim.

In closing, I don't have a problem paying anyone for a product. But there is a statue of limitation of time. Now, is that part of the contract or agreement? I don't recall anywhere in the CAI sign up list that it will be done in 21 months. Just understand, this is a business decision and not personal. I just want a product that I paid for or give me the money back. I would be happy either way.