PDA

View Full Version : If you're bored...

crash_2365
07-11-2010, 04:06 PM
.... and looking for something to do, I don't recommend window tint.

I tried it today, and in the words of Clarkson, things did not go well :rolleyes:

LetItSnow
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
No pictures?!??!

Green1995SVX
07-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Years ago I wrote a window tint how-to. It is an art, but one that can be mastered easily with moderate effort.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/How-To/34153.pdf

crash_2365
07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I saw that thread and tried to follow it. My issue is I'm out at school, without good tools in a windy parking lot trying to do 5% without a light to see where I should cut. Just not the best scenerio.

And no pics, it went that badly :o

I still might try it again because i love the look of these cars with the top 2 windows tinted.

1986nate
07-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Question for you Mike, or any others who may see this. Anyone find any tint that does not turn purpler or bubble? I will definitely and gladly go to one shop locally to get tint as they guarantee the tint not to turn purplish or develop bubbles for the lifetime that you own the car. That is the deciding factor for me to have it professionally done as I have had to remove tint that was purple and bubbling and it was not fun, not fun at all:(

kinz
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I still might try it again because i love the look of these cars with the top 2 windows tinted.

I haven't seen what it looks like but I think it would be good and that's what I was planning to do with mine. Haven't tried yet, but I'm gonna read through the link above and figure my luck on it.