PDA

View Full Version : PCA auto-x, June 13th, casual

NikFu S.
06-14-2010, 04:06 AM
Thought you guys might not hate some pics of stuff from Sunday's auto-x.

"Track" conditions were between 54 and 70F from 11pm to about 4. I got a sunburn on my face.

I ran with "stage Z32", 5MT, 8in wheels, Nevin's sway bar which I recently inadvertently referred to as the Never sway bar. No other supporting mods worth noting.

Handicaps:
Trans is very clunky. It's like trying to shift a bucket of kiwi fruit, if you can imagine. I know I have to, because I've never literally done such a thing.
I believe my struts are original. 18 years and going strong? Probably not.
I ran my tires through at least one winter. They contracted and expanded with temperature outside of their suggested operating range and were damaged by a simple crease in the road (construction zone, I was doing 20 at best) so I think that is sufficient to say their level of grip was not optimal.
The steering feels incredibly loose, and I mean more loose than normal. I think the rack may be on it's last legs (or arms, whichever is more appropriate).
I will even throw in my lack of experience here.

That said, I think the SVX performed fairly well and I have not been discouraged at all from keeping, maintaining, tracking, and improving it indefinitely.

NikFu S.
06-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Few more:

I tried to get some dude and my friend to get some footage, but I ended up with partial video of my 2nd of 5 runs. :rolleyes:

So I threw those bits together and made a silly video. :o

If you don't have Facebook and are curious enough I can upload it somewhere else. I will also suggest if you are thinking of sending an add request to not do it if you are easily offended by people who speak their mind on various touchy subjects.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1268036231331&ref=mf

(Not to come off offensive but I think in this first picture the car appears to have a touch of the Downs.)

NikFu S.
06-14-2010, 05:38 PM
One thing I forgot, my ABS still does not work so I was breaking conservatively.

I think with the remedy of the above handicaps I could easily get this car to hang within 3-4 seconds of the top car, maybe without any extra power.

K_Dub
06-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Nice going! Looking at the field you were competing with, I'd say you did pretty good. That's a lot of 911s and a Lotus 7 in the wide shot. Coming within 10sec of those bad boys says a lot, especially considering the "handicaps" you've listed.

I learned to drive stick 13 years ago in the parking lot of East High on Northern Lights in my Dad's GMC S-15. I'll bet any stills of me avoiding the light posts would look pretty amusing by comparison (it wasn't the car looking 'tarded).:tard:

Keep up the good work.

NikFu S.
06-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I went to East '97'-01. :)

Also would you believe the two slowest cars were:

(drumroll)

A Honda Civic...

and

a Porsche Cayenne.

Old feller and his wife, was not flogging it at all until the last lap, he gave it a little juice.

I'm not sure which car was the fastest. I think it was the STi behind me. He ran 58 seconds or so. Pretty sure it wasn't the R35.

NikFu S.
06-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Ok, the times just got in and in fact the GT-R 35 did get the fastest time, but not by much.

My PAX adjusted time is way more impressive than my raw time. :rolleyes: