PDA

View Full Version : Tranny problems need help

KEVINL
06-05-2001, 08:55 PM
Okay this is a long shot but I'll try it. okay my SVX has a problem with its transmission It goes into Nuetral Reverse and Park fine when you put it in Drive it stars out in third and when you put it in first it loads the engine but nothing happens and then all of a sudden it will go into third and try to go back into first and bind up and actually stop the car. like its in 2 gears at the same time. We changed the valve body and tried the 2 computers from a SVX that was fine. and that didnt help. We still believe its the electronics and not tranny because it feels like the computer cant figure how to put it in gear. I also have the resistor unplugged but plugging it in changes nothing. Could it be in limp home mode. If so how do you get out of limp mode

sorry for the long post

Aredubjay
06-05-2001, 10:11 PM
Kevin. You're not getting any codes from the TCU? That makes it tough. The "trouble possibilities" in the manual covers two fold out pages with very small squares and x's in the possible "culprits" columns. Many of your symptoms point to a bad control valve, but there are MANY possibilities. However, if you aren't getting any codes, it could more likely be mechanical than electronic. If there's a mechanical problem, it will not register in the TCU diagnostic. (I'm just thinking out loud) Damn. I need to scan the general trouble shooting chart for the tranny (I did the one for the engine). I'll do that one of these days. Sorry I'm not much help.

eddycat2000
06-06-2001, 01:37 AM
The planetaries have fried.

Aredubjay
06-06-2001, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by eddycat2000
The planetaries have fried.

Ouch!

1994SubaruSVX
06-08-2001, 12:55 PM
that was so harsh it nearly brought me to tears.....my planetary fried....oh god the pain! but when my planetary gear fried it drove but there was just a super loud clunking, rattling, vibrating noise. it was straight up horrible and i never want to hear that sound again!:eek: