PDA

View Full Version : speed sensor location

svxstarship
06-05-2001, 06:41 PM
Can anyone tell me where the speed sensor is located, and if it's difficult to replace as the dealer wants 275.00 cdn. Can't find it in the manuals.
Also power light is flashing 16 times (short flashes) Would this be the problem code for the speed sensor, or an additional problem?

Thanks in advance.

Aredubjay
06-05-2001, 07:44 PM
Starship. There are two speed sensors. If you have the manuals, look in section 2-7, pages 30 and 30. There's a diagram that shows speed sensor 2 as kind of on the back side of the engine, underneath the air intake hose, betwen the MAF Sensor and the Throttle body. That's the best way I can describe it. The diagram doesn't make it totally clear, but, if you have the manuals, you should be able to find it from the diagram.

The "16 Flashes of the power light indicates that you have a problem. You'll have to run the self diagnosis to find out which one. But, if the folks at the shop are telling you you need a speed sensor, they've probably already pulled the codes and are telling you what they've read. A code 32 is speed sensor #1, 33 is speed sensor #2.

I'll have to keep looking for sensor #1.