PDA

View Full Version : Nj Sighting: Dormant Barcelona Red 94 LSi

Mike621
04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm in Woodbridge Nj at the Reo diner, and in the auxiliary parking lot there is a Barcelona Red SvX parked without plates. Quick inquiry has yielded that it belongs to the owner of the restaurant. The body looks great and I'll get details and a VIN after I eat.

Tim
04-26-2010, 01:30 PM
I heard many people from Nasioc tried to get the car, but the owner refuses to give it up.

Mike621
04-26-2010, 01:53 PM
According to the owner's sister, he is willing to sell and I have a contact phone number for him. It was posted on a piece of paper on the dash. "If anyone is interested in this car, please call Richie at 732-277-7826. The car is a 94 LSi with a known transmission issue, vin ending in RH102668 Mileage was either 113k or 133k. Clearcoat peeling over the majority of the car, as it was repainted albeit poorly.

BoxerFanatic
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Clearcoat peeling over the majority of the car, as it was repainted albeit poorly.

I hate that. Mine has the same problem. Poor repair causes continuing problems.

But hey, if you want a custom-painted red with a manual gearbox swap, there ya go! You could probably flip a car like that. maybe not for tons of dough, but a bit, depending on how inexpensively you can pick it up.

Maybe a good candidate for a job like RedLightning's black roof/trunk/spoiler over red paint. That sure does look sharp.

Is the car clean, straight, and rust-free otherwise? Good luck picking it up!