PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Camshafts - The Real Deal

SilverSpear
04-07-2010, 06:53 AM
After two years of searching for the right manufacturer in terms of pricing and quality, I finally found him. We have been into discussions since August 2009. It was gonna be a 2~3 months thing, but I was the cause of the first delay. I got trapped between jobs, and I left that issue pending until I assumed a job again.

Hypothesis:

I sent him a set of OEM SVX cams (all intake and exhaust) to measure and the profile that I desire for my project.

The Good:

He will be fabbing 2 brand new intake and 2 brand new exhaust cams and not weldings on my OEMs like other manufacturers do.

He will attempt to fab them in a lightweight steel billets. If not, he will keep them plain steel billets.

We have the option to choose the profile that we desire and not just copy a certain lobe. You can "create" the profile that you want (as I have done myself), send it to this guy and ask him to design it for you based on BLANK cams (yeah... mentioning it again and again and again... BLANK cams :cool:).

Price: Above $1000 but below $2000 for all 4 cams shipped to your door. Most probably even below $1800.
I guess aftermarket cams cannot get any better at that price. Not even comparable with Webcams...

The Bad:

Time... time... time... I have been waiting from January until now. There is a crazy rush on his cams that he cannot even go to the bathroom during the day. He will start fabbing mine next week (hopefully). You need to order your profiles way much in advance.

Manufacturer:

Will disclose his name at the right time (when he starts fabbing my cams. You never know what might happen).

Orders:

Whoever are interested in solid and durable aftermarket cams, I suggest you start sending out your profiles 6 months in advance. They can happen in two months or in six... a matter of season... For now whoever are interested, please send out your desired profiles to my email daneid_77@hotmail.com as follows:
- Subject: Aftermarket Cams - SVXWN Nickname
- Body: Explanation and profile needed for Intake and/or Exhaust.

Moar Projects:

The aftermarket trunk strut project in a joint effort with Troy (MacGyver). Hope it works.

Lower pricing for the Strong-Flex bushings kit from Europe. More info HERE (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showpost.php?p=641920&postcount=81)

DarknessofDeath
04-07-2010, 09:51 AM
good to see a lot of things rolling in the svx community