PDA

View Full Version : Konis

Schralper
04-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Dont believe the measurements for cutting off OE strut guts.
I had to cut off probably 10mm more than the listed #'s in Koni instructions.
Other than that, a lil time consuming but handles better now.
Guess it should for $825, eh?

RojoRocket
04-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Not sure why you would "have" to cut off more than the instructions state. Please explain, as I've done 2 conversions using the specified cut and they fit together nicely. :confused:

Glenn

lhopp77
04-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Not sure why you would "have" to cut off more than the instructions state. Please explain, as I've done 2 conversions using the specified cut and they fit together nicely. :confused:

Glenn

Same here. Of course maybe some think the dimples on the Konis rest on the top of the cut OEM strut instead of being pulled down inside to act as the wedge that keeps it from rattling.

Lee

Schralper
04-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Well that fact that the bottom bolt wasn't able to engage seems like the specified 40mm cut is to short. Since the bottom bolt needs to engage the bottom of the strut to pull it tight. My cuts seemed closed to 50mm to get the bolt to thread in.

lhopp77
04-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Well that fact that the bottom bolt wasn't able to engage seems like the specified 40mm cut is to short. Since the bottom bolt needs to engage the bottom of the strut to pull it tight. My cuts seemed closed to 50mm to get the bolt to thread in.

Simple. Use another bolt to get it started and then when within reach--use the supplied bolt. :)

Lee

RojoRocket
04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Simple. Use another bolt to get it started and then when within reach--use the supplied bolt. :)

Lee

+1

...and/or use the supplied bolt w/o the lock washer to increase reach to start.

Glenn