PDA

View Full Version : Rehoboth Beach SVX Meet

LarryIII
06-04-2001, 02:26 PM
There is going to be an informal "beach" meet on Sat. , 6/16/01, in Rehoboth Beach, Del. SVXIT is hosting it. Bring your trunks, SPF-30 lotion, and your inflatables.
Can you say "Surf's Up!!!"

Larry III :D
PS: Not that kind of inflatable Randy!! ;)

Aredubjay
06-04-2001, 02:49 PM
<<PS: Not that kind of inflatable Randy!! >>

Then, count me out. :D Give my best to Olu! Have fun!

Ron Mummert
06-09-2001, 10:54 PM
Larry - Have we decided upon a meeting time & place yet, or should we just drive up and down the beach to see what AWD does in the surf, 'til we spot one another? Tsu.

LarryIII
06-12-2001, 12:35 PM
Ron,

The following was sent to Svxit on the other (Yahoo) site and he agreed.

<<<I am not personally familiar with Rehoboth Beach, but I just spoke to a co-worker who has a summer house there. US Rte 1 is the main N-S drag. Rte 1A goes east to the beach from Rte 1. He said that there is only metered parking on the first 3 blocks closest to the beach and you must buy a pass to park in the rest of Rehoboth Beach (Rte.1A). He also said that the cops give out parking tickets like crazy. In view of the preceeding, I suggest that we meet at the "Bistro" on US Rte. 1. It is approx. 2 miles north of the US Rte 1 - Rte. 1A split on the west side of US Rte. 1 opposite Ruby Tuesdays. He said the Italian food there is good and they have a sit down bar area plus parking. At the US Rte.1-1A split is a Holiday Inn Express. I suggest that after we meet at one of these places then we cruise to the beach.>>>

We should get there about 10:30 AM.

Larry III

LarryIII
06-12-2001, 07:14 PM
to all who are coming to this meet,

Be prepared for very heavy traffic :( in the Dewey/Rehoboth Beach area on Saturday mornings. Good Luck & Happy Motoring.

Larry III :cool:

Ron Mummert
06-12-2001, 10:40 PM
As I mentioned on "the other place", see ya at the Bistro, unless the bridge collapses. Tsu.

LarryIII
06-17-2001, 03:02 PM
Back to the Beach Gang,

Hey Aredub,

You should have seen the "Surf-n-SVX". It was kind of "Rice boy racer meets the Beachboys". It is a repainted SVX in a deep yellow color with a 'woody" applique on the lower side panels.
It also had a roof rack with a multicolored surf board on it.

All that were missing was Annette & Frankie !!!

Larry III
PS: I wore my Speedo (Oh the Horrors)

Aredubjay
06-17-2001, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Back to the Beach Gang,

Hey Aredub,

You should have seen the "Surf-n-SVX". It was kind of "Rice boy racer meets the Beachboys". It is a repainted SVX in a deep yellow color with a 'woody" applique on the lower side panels.
It also had a roof rack with a multicolored surf board on it.

All that were missing was Annette & Frankie !!!

Larry III
PS: I wore my Speedo (Oh the Horrors)

<Aredub's head begins to spin with the images . . . yellow . . . woody . . . roof rack . . . surf board . . . speedo>

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH! <Thud>

LarryIII
06-18-2001, 05:58 AM
<Aredub's head begins to spin with the images . . . yellow . . . woody . . . roof rack . . . surf board . . . speedo>

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH! <Thud>[B]

Randy, Randy wake up! Larry gently slaps him accross the face again. Are you OK? Slowly our intrepid hero stirs, his eyes begin to open. He props himself up on one elbow. He begins to see bare feet in sandals, hairy legs in shorts, people in loud Hawaiian shirts. He hears strains of an electric guitar and singing "Bushy, Bushy Blonde Hairdoo....". He spys a familiar shape but his mind tells him that something is drastically wrong. Then the realization hits him. His mind recoils! He chomps down on his cigar as his body convulses 3 times and slumps to the ground. Someone places a rose, yellow of course, in his still twitching fingers.
The last words he hears are "Alas poor Aredub, a fellow of infinte grace and wit!"

Larry III
PS: My appologies to the Great Bard.