PDA

View Full Version : Perrin Stealth FMIC Group buy feeler

Johnybeas
03-25-2010, 04:28 PM
hey guys, so I know quite a few of us are getting ready to turbo our SVX's and while talking with Cozykat I found out that the Perrin Stealth would be a perfect fit for our cars. It's slightly larger than the FMIC that PhastSVX used but just perfect to fit our cars!

I called perrin and asked if it's possible to get the Intercooler and the mounting brackets etc from the WRX kit without getting the whole kit with all the piping etc for the WRX that we obviously can't use. He said yes and that it would be between 7-800 dollars for those parts instead of 1489.99 that the full WRX kit is normally. I thought well hmm I wonder if they'll do a group buy. So I asked. He said we need 10 people for a group buy for this and he'd give me a deal.

So I know Cozykat is planning on getting one, I just hope she hasn't bought it yet. Thats 1. I'm 2. and I know another SVXer locally that I'm going to be helping turbo his SVX this summer would probably be down for one so that's at least 3. Can we get 7 more???

STeeL25T
03-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Thats the most expensive intercooler I've heard of in my life.

Phast SVX
03-26-2010, 07:15 AM
I am sure it is a top notch intercooler with nice cores and welds, so that seems to be a nice price but a bit on the steep end. Mine is a cheap POS, but was only $150.

SilverSpear
03-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Man check out this ONE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-GODSPEED-INTERCOOLER-SPEC-R-WRX-STI-LEGACY-OUTBACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a58d629bdQQite mZ250598533565QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5f Accessories).

Should be more than enough...

Johnybeas
03-29-2010, 03:48 AM
Last time I checked perrin was quality stuff... and I actually want real numbers out of my svx. Toms shadow machiene runs a 12.9 I want to blow that out of the water. So to do so I need quality parts, not just something that will suffice. The way I look at it is, if you're gonna do it, do it right, don't half ass it. Just my honest opinion. But to each their own. If anyone is interested though myself and the member I'm helping build and turbo this suummer don't need them untill july so if anyone is interested feel free to post.

DarknessofDeath
04-06-2010, 10:45 PM
perrin still makes quality stuff ~

but it is a little pricey

Johnybeas
08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Just a bump I'll be setting up accounts with perrin soon for my business, I might have an opportunity to get them a little cheaper let me know if anyone has any interest

cozykat
08-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Depending on cost, I might be interested. I like new but I'm not above buying a used FMIC. With such an expensive build, a price break here and there is appreciated. I got lucky and bought a Perrin stealth FMIC w/ piping for $800 (it was for the STI) from a friend. I put it in the jdm replica bumper and it seems like a good fit so I want another stealth but probably just the core and will get custom piping.

So I guess I should be asking: what kind of group buy pricing are we talking about and what would the options be?

Johnybeas
08-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I talked with perrin before I had my business set up and they said a group buy of 10 units and I talked with him about getting the core the two ends and the top bumper support and he was gonna discount it significantly but wanted commitment first, now that I've got my business I'll get back in contact with perrin and see, I know for sure we'd have 3 with you so we'd need 7 more to get a really good deal. He had mentioned high 700's without the group buy and just getting a set up for the SVX

EDIT: Price included the core both ends and the bumper support that they use for the WRX I was hoping we may be able to adapt it to the svx if it's not bolt on.