PDA

View Full Version : Rear Side marker lights

SURTEESS
02-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Just bought some from USA (as spares) - only to find that the USA ones are fitted with bulbs!!! (here in NZ they are just reflectors).

So been looking through the Subaru wreckers here in Auckland but cannot find anything that fits....

So can anyone help next time they head to a spares wrecker (you pull) place, can they cut the rear wiring connector (side markers only) - leaving some wire on connector so that I can wire up here in NZ.

PM so that I can arrange payment (Paypal or ?)

thanks

Stephen in NZ
(1 OF 1)

scoobymal
02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Here in the UK,the rear sidelights are also just reflectors,I bought a pair from the USA and used 2 universal sidelight bulb holders from ebay,held in place with tape,easily wired into the existing wiring:)

SURTEESS
02-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Wow - I am still learning about the differences of the SVX around the world - amazed that Subaru placed so much effort on cost down for various countries.

Would still prefer that someone can get me the mating connector & piece of wiring so that I don't have to tape the bulb into place.

thanks

Steve in New Zealand

SURTEESS
02-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Still interested in getting hold of a short length of wiring & connectors for the side rear markers - see my earlier email - PM if you can help, would use PAYPAL for costs..

thanks

Steve in New Zealand

SURTEESS
03-04-2010, 05:24 PM
ok - have finally tracked down the p/n that I have for the rear markers -

84931PA010

Now all I need is the mating part & some of the wiring so that I can splice it into existing wiring loom - I need 2 of them for R & L.

thanks if anyone can help.

Steve in NZ

1986nate
03-04-2010, 05:31 PM
ok - have finally tracked down the p/n that I have for the rear markers -

84931PA010

Now all I need is the mating part & some of the wiring so that I can splice it into existing wiring loom - I need 2 of them for R & L.

thanks if anyone can help.

Steve in NZ

Are you looking for someone to get them here in the US and ship them over? The stuff should fit in an envelope and shipping should be cheap. If I find some, I'll gladly do it for you Steve. I know exactly everything you are looking for, just don't have any. I'll be stopping at OT's as well as YT's shop and a few other places along my trip next weekend. I'll be sure to ask around with people.:)

SURTEESS
03-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks man

- it is crazy that you guys get the best rear lights (I mean we only get reflectors in the middle area too - but that was just a plug & play for me to "upgrade" from USA).

But we get Glass up front (even if it is without the inner bulbs - only got 2 out of 3 fitted by law in NZ) - thinking about opening them up & removing the metal blanking plate.....in order to fit the tiny little lights in the inner locations.

thanks PM or leave message here if you get them, we could do a swap for something from NZ???

regards

Stephen