PDA

View Full Version : AWD Closing the doors

yt
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Well, it has been looming for over a year whether or not we wanted to keep the shop open. Thanks to the continued support of our customers over the years we have been able to keep the shop doors open and continue to do our best to serve the community. Mike and I have decided it is in our best interests to close the shop in the coming months when we have some time to start clearing most of our things into storage.

That being said, it was time we told the rest of the community what our intentions were. We are looking at a final closing date sometime after the new year, likely January. We do still have a large work load right now that we are focusing our efforts and attention on for the time being. Also, this is not meant to deter anyone from doing business with us. Anything that holds a warranty of any sort I will be dealing with personally until the period is up. So, for example you have purchased one of our re-manufactured engines and have a 12month 12kmile policy on it. If there was any issue within your policy period I would still honor the warranty originally issued.

The lift, the compressor, the tools, and things of this manner will not be for sale. However, all of our parts inventory must go. Now, understand we are very busy right now with trying to clear out and finish up the work we have been assigned, so please, no shipping quote requests etc... for parts you have no real intention of purchasing. We encourage any and all people interested in parts to come by on the weekends and pick out what you want. These parts will be sold at VERY low prices since we will need them gone sooner than later.

This is not the end of the business, I will continue to sell 5mt kits, reman engines, and the Hydra Nemesis along with a few of our other specialty items, but our service bay will be closed. If there is something you want done, I would suggest making plans accordingly. It has been an interesting learning experience doing this and I thank all of you who have been a contribution to our venture.

Tom Johnson & Michael Milan

SVXyGirl
11-08-2009, 03:08 PM
That was certainly a nice setup you had Tom. It's a shame to see you guys closing shop. Will you have a list of items that will be available? Maybe I'll have to take a road trip up there to get some parts. ;) Do you still have that claret bumper? :lol:

SVXRide
11-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Noooooo! :o

(Okay, so maybe I knew this was coming...)

-Bill
p.s. I did ship the strut via UPS. Shims should be going out around mid week if Sean doesn't have to work overtime at his new job. He has ~ half of them done as of Friday

ensteele
11-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I am always very sad to see a bood business go. :( Good luck guys. :)

svxistentialist
11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Tom & Mike

I'm sad to see this come to this point and I wish you both the very best in whatever your next venture may be.

Joe :)

Sean486
11-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear that guys. Wish you both all the best.

yt
11-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Don't be sorry to hear it, at first I was pretty upset about the idea since we put so much work into it getting up and going. At this point it will be a relief not to have to deal with it every waking hour we are not working our regular jobs. Like I said, I will still be making a lot of our products from my house and keeping the business. We will just not be doing the service portion of it anymore as the space to do it is costing more than it was worth to have. Thanks again to all who have been our customers, from buying engines to something as small as a pair of hood struts.

Tom

Mike621
11-09-2009, 10:17 AM
As Tom has said, closing All We'll Drive was a difficult decision we are forced to make.

Over the past two years, I have had the opportunity to meet and befriend owners and enthusiasts of these cars, and assist many with their needs. I am grateful to those who brought their cars to us, and those that referred others to us.

I appreciate the opportunity I had to take my love for these cars and assist other owners with their questions and with their projects.

Ultimately, Tom and I have come to an understanding that these cars are truly a dying breed. I have cringed at countless posts criticizing SVX sale, parts, and service prices and have watched many members walk away from these cars, knowing that more people are thinking less of these vehicles day by day.

I too have had my doubting moments, but remain loyal to the SVX, even though it has cost me a great deal of financial and personal expense.

To those members that have been on these forums for a long time, or those members going above and beyond to maintain, restore, and renew your cars, I salute you as being motivation to pursue my goals in SVX vehicle and shop ownership. You have been an inspiration to others, including myself, to continue to own and maintain these cars.

Tom, Eric, and I wanted to be at the forefront of bringing the SVX back as a respectable car, by improving our methods, searching constantly for the most permanent and thorough solutions to common SVX woes, and by taking our products and services to the next level of quality, at great personal and financial costs to ourselves. We tasked ourselves with renewing and creating the respect and prestige that these vehicles deserved.

Perhaps our goal was a bit fantastic and fleeting, and out of reach.

svxistentialist
11-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Perhaps our goal was a bit fantastic and fleeting, and out of reach.

It is to your eternal credit that you set such lofty goals and extreme high standards in pursuit of serving the SVX car and the SVX community. So don't beat yourself up about that score. ;)

The reality is a business must have profit and steady income, and I suspect your client market had to come to you from too broad a geographical spectrum. You live and learn.

As I said best wishes with your new venture, keep the eye on the costs and cash flow.

svxfiles
11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Dear Tom, Mike and Eric,
You are honest, knowlegable, and hard working professionals!
I respect and trust you.
I too know the hardships of running a small automotive business, especially in a specialized field.
I know that you will all succeed in whatever path you deside to take.
Good luck, my friends.
Tom Krynock

Green1995SVX
11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
This is very disappointing to hear. I wish you guys the best in the future.

Speedklix
11-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear this, but at least you guys are going to continue. I might need a new steering rack if I keep mine. Vandals and Car theifs have messed mine up pretty good the last few months... sign of the times or just plain stupidity, i don't know... but they have killed my motivation and my wife will not let me put any money into it for now. :(

Goodluck to both of you anyhow, I hope you guys had fun with the experience overall.

SomethingElse
11-10-2009, 05:08 AM
sad sader sading

let me know when you guys need help cleaning out the shop...I can bring the truck up and haul away some trannys and stuff....plus I can bring some rear diffs.:lol:

CorSVXette
11-10-2009, 05:59 AM
:(:(:(:(:(:(:( I can't believe it:eek: I was just there:eek: Now who am I going to "trust" to work on my car? Can you guys suggest anyone nearby?

NiftySVX
11-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Ultimately, Tom and I have come to an understanding that these cars are truly a dying breed. I have cringed at countless posts criticizing SVX sale, parts, and service prices and have watched many members walk away from these cars, knowing that more people are thinking less of these vehicles day by day.

I too have had my doubting moments, but remain loyal to the SVX, even though it has cost me a great deal of financial and personal expense.

A reality all of us SVX purists must remember is that any manufacturer considers a vehicle at end of service life at 10 years old.

I can completely understand this. It's hard, especially for those of us who are long term owners and paid a large amount of money for our cars. I commented recently about the community and what has happened to it. Unfortunately, the majority of the people who enjoyed the SVX when it was new have long since moved on as it is no longer current in its features and specifications. I myself have replaced my SVX as I do not feel comfortable relying on it as a daily driver. Since the value of the vehicle has declined to below $5000 for a prime example, with most of them fetching around 2 or 3k, it's brought in a crowd of folks that just don't see the SVX the same way some of us do who owned one in the 90s when it was a head turner, attracting attention and awe from passers-by, and cost tens of thousands of dollars.

It is sad to see the place go, but I understand. At some point, we all have to let go and accept the reality of the situation. And that reality is a world where the SVX has been out of production for nearly 13 years, the value is below that at which most major repairs would cost, and there are likely less than 5000 units still in operation.

kcbsvx
11-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Tom, Mike, Eric, (and Jay)-

Your business will be sorely missed in our SVX family, but your SVX friends will be around you for a long time.

You guys put yourselves out there to help other SVXers, often at your own expense.

We will all remember the highs- Dr SUS in the mud, the Big Black Spider, inventing a better SVX part, solving a mystifing glitch for a member...

I will always treasure meeting you guys during the coffee and Mt Dew fired sleepless Mass. Migration of SVXi heading south to NJ.

Your transformation of my '96 is something that makes me smile every day.

Thanks to all of you,
Christian

wawazat??
11-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Tom and I had a conversation about the future of my remaining SVX a couple of weeks back and my wife and i had it recently as well. I'll continue to enjoy the car as it shifts from it's FHI intended purpose (comfortable GT) to mine (17 year old forgotten Subaru now used for autocross and track days, gutted interior and appearance of little consideration though mechanicals must be strong). My future investments in her will be limited and any significant expense (greater than$1k outlay if I cannot handle the job myself) will most likely be the end of her. I've enjoyed her for years, she owes me nothing and I hope she enjoys this new phase with me:) Once she's gone I'll remember her fondly and look for another car to enjoy.

Todd

benebob
11-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Noooooo! :o

(Okay, so maybe I knew this was coming...)

-Bill
p.s. I did ship the strut via UPS. Shims should be going out around mid week if Sean doesn't have to work overtime at his new job. He has ~ half of them done as of Friday

Way I hear it is that it's all your fault. Pay down that credit line Wally!:lol:

Sorry Tom and Mike, but enjoy your nights and weekends off for a change!:)

shelfy
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Tom, Mike, Eric, (and Jay)-

:confused:

Nevin
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Tom had said something to me a few months ago that they were thinking of this, and although it's sad to see the shop close, I can understand why.

It's not like these guys won't be able to help you on your car though. They didn't say they're going to stop working on these cars, just that the shop is closing. So now they can work on them at their convenience, and can sleep more easily at night!

I haven't spent nearly as much there as some of you, but regardless I was impressed when Tom met me at Wal-Mart at 6am to deliver my differential. And I live in IOWA! :D

Way to go fellas!

sowise
11-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Ok I tried PM's on here but they don't go through and I did send an email but don't know if you are still receiving mail at the AllWellDrive.net address. I have my cores I need to send back to you guys. Everything is boxed and all I need is an address, I don't know if you want it to go to the shop address or somewhere else. I mostly dealt with Tom but if he prefers I send the cores to Mike then I just would need to know. You can reply on PM but I would like to send these parts out tomorrow as I promised I would.

TomsSVX
11-24-2009, 04:58 PM
the shop address

110 Coxs Ave
Unit 12
West Creek NJ 08092

sowise
11-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks Tom, all items shipped sorry to hear you are closing the shop though I am sure all of you are happy to have some extra free time now.

TomsSVX
11-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks Tom, all items shipped sorry to hear you are closing the shop though I am sure all of you are happy to have some extra free time now.

Hasn't come yet, and the dust is not soon to settle around here either... I am looking forward to it though

Tom

Johnybeas
11-26-2009, 01:08 PM
tear... for a second there I had hope for a come back of this car that I love so much and it to be seen more as a rare symbol with a great aftermarket value even if our bluebook has fallen well below some of its competitors that also had such a short life, such as the 3000gt 300zx etc.

I think that some are turning back to the SVX still, but it is still far from maintaining a status to have a shop dedicated solely to it. Its a shame but also a smart move. I don't blame you guys, I just hope I can still get you to build me a Koni GC setup next month. Thanks again tom for all your help I love my hydra and it has got to be the most worthwhile investment I made into my SVX!

TomsSVX
12-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Seriously... We have about a month left now. If this stuff does not go... Guess where it ends up? Either in a ceremonial bon-fire or in the dumpster. Come get what you want

Tom

SVXRide
12-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Seriously... We have about a month left now. If this stuff does not go... Guess where it ends up? Either in a ceremonial bon-fire or in the dumpster. Come get what you want

Tom

YT,
Okay, so what's left?
-Bill

AyeJaye
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Do you have any of the packages still available? Mainly the Sol. C package?

TomsSVX
12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
YT,
Okay, so what's left?
-Bill

We have a huge assortment of parts from parts cars past. Interior, subframes, motor mounts. We have 1 good trans left along with numerous front diffs. Body panels, windshields, gas tanks... Basically no engines or radiators, or struts. Everything else, we got.

Do you have any of the packages still available? Mainly the Sol. C package?

No we really are not trying to get in any more parts at this point. We are bleeding out stock parts

Tom

SVXRide
12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
YT,
How about the interior piece above the glove box, and driver's and passenger's door panels (all in good shape:rolleyes:)? These are all for the Pearlie (that Austin is now driving! :eek::eek:).
-Bill

TomsSVX
12-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Yikes, he is finally driving?? (takes note not to travel in Southern MD anytime soon)

I think we should have a decent door card and I know we have a good dash panel. Looking about $45 for both +shipping

Tom

SVXRide
12-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Yikes, he is finally driving?? (takes note not to travel in Southern MD anytime soon)

I think we should have a decent door card and I know we have a good dash panel. Looking about $45 for both +shipping

Tom

YT,
works...both driver's and passenger's doors?...just let me know what the + shipping cost is.
-Bill

TomsSVX
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I will look at the cards this weekend and let you know. Do you want the whole panel or just the escaine? Shipping the whole panel is prob going to be expensive

Tom

SVXRide
12-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I will look at the cards this weekend and let you know. Do you want the whole panel or just the escaine? Shipping the whole panel is prob going to be expensive

Tom

YT,
Let me check in the morning. The car definitely needs the dash piece.
-OB
p.s. order the 2 shims yet?

TomsSVX
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
yep they go in the mail tomorrow

Tom

Splinter
12-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Any chance you have a 6MT swap crossmember you're clearing out?

My homebrew one is having some issues and I don't feel like lying in the canadian december dirt to re-engineer it.

SVXRide
12-11-2009, 03:03 PM
yep they go in the mail tomorrow

Tom

Got them...hope to have them to Sean tomorrow.
-Bill

Crazy_pilot
12-12-2009, 09:55 PM
For anyone looking to go with standalone engine management in the future, contact Hydra directly?

PaulDexler
12-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Tom, sad to hear it. But, as other members have said, it's tough to keep carrying the flag for a car that fewer and fewer people seem to care for. It has to be one of these things, to know her is to love her, just not enough people ever got to know her.
By the way, I still need the piece to convert my air intake from the dumb cone filter to the stock air box. Let me know how much and when you can send one.
Thanks,
Paul

TomsSVX
12-13-2009, 09:46 AM
For anyone looking to go with standalone engine management in the future, contact Hydra directly?

No, I will still be the sole distributor for the Hydra Nemesis.

Tom

SSSVX
12-16-2009, 03:28 AM
Hello Tom, I wonder if you guys have the body parts for SVX as below:

all driver's side:
front fender,
driver's side door,
rear quarter panel,
thanks, if yes, what color are they?

also wonder if you have,
front and rear bumper?
thanks, this is not as important,
i need to check if they're fixable.

good day!

Black88GTA
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Ugh, how'd I miss this. Damn it, I knew I should have picked up my GC/Koni suspension setup earlier. :mad: I know you said a number of posts up that you have no struts left - does that mean no stock struts? I guess there's no chance you have any of the Koni / GC kits left laying around?? Or a pair of good black doors w/ bronze glass?

Tom, Mike, my dealings with you guys were brief, but memorable. Around this time last year was when I bought my basket case of a '94 sight-unseen from some guy in Connecticut (yeah, don't do that - lesson learned). :rolleyes: I drove it all of 5 miles before you guys got it. Anyways, in a couple weeks, you guys transformed it from a filthy, oil leaking, rotted exhaust having POS that wouldn't top 50mph into a usable car again. And even towed it from a mall parking lot nearly 100 miles from your shop when I couldn't be there to be that guy to say "no officer, he's not stealing it, I own it!" All of this for a complete stranger off the internet. If that's not fantastic service (and something of a leap of faith) I don't know what is.

Sorry to see the shop go, it will be missed.

Tom - you still kicking around that "other car" idea we talked about a bit a few months back?? :cool:

TomsSVX
01-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Ugh, how'd I miss this. Damn it, I knew I should have picked up my GC/Koni suspension setup earlier. :mad: I know you said a number of posts up that you have no struts left - does that mean no stock struts? I guess there's no chance you have any of the Koni / GC kits left laying around?? Or a pair of good black doors w/ bronze glass?

Tom, Mike, my dealings with you guys were brief, but memorable. Around this time last year was when I bought my basket case of a '94 sight-unseen from some guy in Connecticut (yeah, don't do that - lesson learned). :rolleyes: I drove it all of 5 miles before you guys got it. Anyways, in a couple weeks, you guys transformed it from a filthy, oil leaking, rotted exhaust having POS that wouldn't top 50mph into a usable car again. And even towed it from a mall parking lot nearly 100 miles from your shop when I couldn't be there to be that guy to say "no officer, he's not stealing it, I own it!" All of this for a complete stranger off the internet. If that's not fantastic service (and something of a leap of faith) I don't know what is.

Sorry to see the shop go, it will be missed.

Tom - you still kicking around that "other car" idea we talked about a bit a few months back?? :cool:

I have been kicking the idea around. Personally I think I would be better off w/ a 540i 6mt which is what I am hunting for now

Tom

Black88GTA
01-02-2010, 03:41 PM
I have been kicking the idea around. Personally I think I would be better off w/ a 540i 6mt which is what I am hunting for now

Tom

Nice choice. If an M60 car, check your oil pump bolts first thing, as they like to back out. I finally got around to doing this in November and I had one (out of two) laying in the pan. :eek: You lose both = you lose your oil pump = you lose your engine. A known, but not publicized enough issue with the BMW M60 V8.

TomsSVX
01-02-2010, 04:06 PM
looking for an 02,03... Might consider an older model of the same body style if the deal is right

Tom

Green1995SVX
01-02-2010, 09:12 PM
looking for an 02,03... Might consider an older model of the same body style if the deal is right

Tom

Good idea. The Nikasil problem with the M60 makes it something to avoid altogether in my opinion.

They are very fun cars.

SierraSVXer
02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Tom So sad to hear of your change and a loss of input on the forum. Many times I still consider the same. I have been a forum lurker since the early forums and seen the changes in personalities and innovations through the years. Yours was on the forefront. So much has changed on what is available for SVXs. I just had DRW transmission on the west coast build a trans, but have not installed it yet. A lot of money to invest in a declining valued vehicle, even with 68k mil. Time to put it to work or also move on. Also looking for perfect pearl driver front fender. do not respond unless you have such and enjoy the future Beeemer. Steve

svxistentialist
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Very well put Steve.

I've got one with 40K miles and I'm keeping the miles low and keeping it stock. Money wise in my lifetime it will never repay my care, but that is not a bother to me. I love it like a mother loves a ginger haired boy. :rolleyes:

The problem for SVX owners is this low value, low appreciation of their worth. I have several other SVXes, I'm going to modify the bejaysus out of them, and use them like I stole them.
[Well, at the price they were a steal, actually :D]

A few things to attend to when buying an SVX:

Don't buy one that looks uncared for or that has a wrong owner profile. It will cost you multiples of the purchase price to put right.

Don't buy one as a cheap and stylish vehicle for college. It is stylish, but running costs will be lots higher than expected.

Don't buy one expecting them to appreciate in value. It's not happening anytime soon.

Do buy one that looks immaculate, good to excellent interior, one careful and caring owner, full history. Its value to you will be in the feelgood factor of ownership and driving it.

Do buy one with tasteful modifications. But only if the current owner can text or type in full non-truncated grammatical English. :rolleyes:

Tom is a great ambassador for the SVX, the man knows his onions. I'm hoping he sticks around and keeps us all road legal.

SilverSpear
02-15-2010, 06:03 AM
A few things to attend to when buying an SVX:

Don't buy one that looks uncared for or that has a wrong owner profile. It will cost you multiples of the purchase price to put right.

Don't buy one as a cheap and stylish vehicle for college. It is stylish, but running costs will be lots higher than expected.

Don't buy one expecting them to appreciate in value. It's not happening anytime soon.

Do buy one that looks immaculate, good to excellent interior, one careful and caring owner, full history. Its value to you will be in the feelgood factor of ownership and driving it.

Might I add an exception here, Do buy an SVX in any condition just in case they are very very rare in your area and you really really want to own one. Here comes the real enthusiast! :cool:

Do buy one with tasteful modifications. But only if the current owner can text or type in full non-truncated grammatical English. :rolleyes:

Green's pearlie :drool:

Tom is a great ambassador for the SVX, the man knows his onions. I'm hoping he sticks around and keeps us all road legal.

Yup yup yup :ninja:

benebob
02-15-2010, 06:53 AM

Tom

I haven't traveled in that area since I first saw Crash Bill drive! Can Austin really be any worse than his dad behind the wheel of a breeder buggie?:D I'm assuming his mothers genes should give him a slight advantage even without the experience of sliding everyone elses cars towards large immobile objects his dad has.:lol:

Mike621
02-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Tom and I are coming down to the final two weeks of being open. My feelings are some what mixed about it, but overall I am looking forward to feeling relieved. Thanks again for those of you who supported our venture and our work.

Reminder: If there are any parts you need, the time to ask is now, before more items get discarded.

SVXRide
02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I haven't traveled in that area since I first saw Crash Bill drive! Can Austin really be any worse than his dad behind the wheel of a breeder buggie?:D I'm assuming his mothers genes should give him a slight advantage even without the experience of sliding everyone elses cars towards large immobile objects his dad has.:lol:

Ben,
Thank you, thank you very much...:rolleyes::D
-Bill

Mike621
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Ben,
-Bill

Bill, I am picking up that breather on Wednesday night from my powdercoat guy. PM me the address of where it needs to get shipped to. :)

benebob
02-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Ben,
-Bill

LOL

Don't worry, I'll still let you drive the TVR.;)

Agreed value insurance is a beautiful thing!:D

92 SVX
02-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Tom and I are coming down to the final two weeks of being open. My feelings are some what mixed about it, but overall I am looking forward to feeling relieved. Thanks again for those of you who supported our venture and our work.

Reminder: If there are any parts you need, the time to ask is now, before more items get discarded.

I need hood struts, I read a post that you guys had, or do sell them?
Also sorry to see you go, though I understand the reasons. Good Luck with future endeavorers.

Mike621
02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I need hood struts, I read a post that you guys had, or do sell them?
Also sorry to see you go, though I understand the reasons. Good Luck with future endeavorers.

There is a how-to posted on how to retrofit new struts to the stock brackets. If you have a drill and a vise, you'll be able to DIY. The ball studs and lifter springs are available from spdhardware.com.

92 SVX
02-15-2010, 08:31 PM
There is a how-to posted on how to retrofit new struts to the stock brackets. If you have a drill and a vise, you'll be able to DIY. The ball studs and lifter springs are available from spdhardware.com.

Yes I have been looking it over, though the one I looked at was napa struts, I will have to look at the website.
I read on here that you had been selling them at about $60 a pair? is that right, if that is the case then it is just as cost effective to buy a already modified set.

Coan
03-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Sucks to hear about this, I'm sure I could have used you guys as a resource at one point or another too.

Do you guys have a tan driver's side armrest? I mean the one that is attached to the door, I think it separates from the rest of the inner door panel but I could be mistaken. The suede on mine is in bad shape and I'd like to replace it with a nice one.

Also need a master power window switch (auto down) and the tan plastic door sill piece on the driver's side (every single clip on mine is broken :lol:).

Let me know if you guys have any of this, or if I'm too late! I may be able to come up with more too lol...

TomsSVX
03-03-2010, 05:16 AM
you like dumpster diving?? We have begun to officially clean out... Everything must go happened a while ago

Tom

Coan
03-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I figured that was the case. I meant to post a while ago but just plain forgot to until it was too late...:rolleyes:

TomsSVX
03-20-2010, 05:55 PM
well folks, it is official... All parts have been cleared out... Mostly went to scrap because no one jumped to get them... Now it is down to cleaning and clearing out the tools in the shop and cleaning the place up... Its been real, and parts of it have been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. Thanks to those of you who we can call part of our family that participated in shop events and were our customers. I had originally intended to keep re manufacturing engines and making 5mt kits while continuing being a distributor for products like Koni and the Hydra... See how things pan out I guess but I will prob drop these items as well and just enjoy my pearly as a refurbished stock SVX... Wish everyone the best with their vehicles and I may poke my head into some meets every now and again

Tom

newsvx
03-20-2010, 07:24 PM
DAMN, Tom. Hate to see this!! :eek::( You are one of the best with the SVX - it's a great loss for our group of "unique" owners:(. Sure hope you will be at Reading this year - looking forward to seeing you!

The very best to you!!

Harry

processengr
03-21-2010, 08:24 AM
DAMN, Tom. Hate to see this!! :eek::( You are one of the best with the SVX - it's a great loss for our group of "unique" owners:(. Sure hope you will be at Reading this year - looking forward to seeing you!

The very best to you!!

Harry

WHAT HE SAID!!

wdb
03-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Sorry to see you go, before I could even get over there to see you. Darn east coast weather really crimped my travel plans this year! Fare well, and I hope to meet you and your pearlie in person sometime.

superru
03-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Hey tom, is it still possible to get a hydra? or is it all just a vast memory and i've missed out?

Sorry to hear about this! thanks for all your hard work in ideas throughout the years!

TomsSVX
03-26-2010, 04:16 AM
comes with this...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52285

I can still get them if you are serious about it though

Tom

1986nate
03-26-2010, 01:09 PM
comes with this...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52285

I can still get them if you are serious about it though

Tom

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That's a great way to sell your car Tom, Buy the Hydra for $10k and you get a car with it:p:lol::lol:

TomsSVX
03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
This afternoon I was able to finish off painting the floor. Eric helped me with the walls yesterday and my sister helped with the greater part of the floor last night... It has been 4 weeks of grueling work and non stop mayhem trying to get this place cleaned out and thanks to the few who helped make it happen before the end of the month (didn't want to pay for another month for a few days) Still have the compressor to deal with but that is OK for now... For many this pic is not much but for anyone who had been to the shop recently will realize the HUGE transformation...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/TomsSVX/DSCN0172.jpg

Tom

1986nate
03-28-2010, 08:39 PM
This afternoon I was able to finish off painting the floor. Eric helped me with the walls yesterday and my sister helped with the greater part of the floor last night... It has been 4 weeks of grueling work and non stop mayhem trying to get this place cleaned out and thanks to the few who helped make it happen before the end of the month (didn't want to pay for another month for a few days) Still have the compressor to deal with but that is OK for now... For many this pic is not much but for anyone who had been to the shop recently will realize the HUGE transformation...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/TomsSVX/DSCN0172.jpg

Tom

Holy crap, no more slip 'n slide?!:lol:

TomsSVX
04-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, sealed the deal tonight. Paid off final utilities, made sure the landlord cleared the place for my security deposit back, paid off any lingering tax fees to NJ and informed them of the discontinuation of our business...

Huge weight off the shoulders, as many of you may have noticed at reading, I am much happier, lighter on my feet, and all around just glad.

I want to thank you all again who were there for us so we could be there for you. It was an amazing learning experience and really helped me appreciate what goes into making a business work... its a lot more than you think until you have to do it.

Mike and Eric, just drop into Aqua Marine some time and drop the keys with John.

Tom

svxistentialist
04-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Wow!

I'm up late for over here. You are closing the doors on the SVX phase of your learning experience, but you are walking away with valuable lessons.

Tom, please stay in touch. I know I'm speaking for hundreds when I say I wish you the best in whatever you do. You have brought skill and style and wit to the SVX universe.

Boldly go, man, boldly go.

Deep respect.

Joe

processengr
04-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Wow!

I'm up late for over here. You are closing the doors on the SVX phase of your learning experience, but you are walking away with valuable lessons.

Tom, please stay in touch. I know I'm speaking for hundreds when I say I wish you the best in whatever you do. You have brought skill and style and wit to the SVX universe.

Boldly go, man, boldly go.

Deep respect.

Joe
What Joe says! You are a class act! God Bless!

SVX_MY_BABY
04-23-2010, 07:47 AM
I never did get that 6mt kit.

One day maybe, if you still want to do the odd one.

Please keep up on this site. I've found your input valuable.

I know what you mean about running your own business, having done it for 25 years before I sold mine.

Best of luck in future ventures..

Peter