PDA

View Full Version : List of Suspension upgrades

Johnybeas
10-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Ok, so I've seen the 15min mod n the 20min mod, koni gc's, the rear swaybar I'm still waiting to come to fruition, but I've also seen all sorts of group buys on different bushings. I've yet to have my suspension class so I'm a little confused on whether or not some of the diff mods are for the same parts of the car.

So for those of us who are still learning, would someone mind putting together a list of all the options and possibly where they go on the car so I can tell as well as a few others what's what, and if I were to completely upgrade my entire suspension what it would entail?

THANKS! :)

SVXRide
10-15-2009, 11:08 AM
You'll want to do everything that has been done to my car ;):D

1. Custom 3 piece front sway bar with HD end links
2. Custom 1 piece rear sway bar with custom heim end links
3. Koni/GC struts/coil overs on all four corners
4. Camber/Caster plates for the front (see All We'll Drive)
5. Poly bushings for front and rear sway bars
6. Poly rear diff bushings
7. 15 min mod on rear
8. More than 15 min mod on the front subframe (ask YT how much time it takes)
9. Camber bolts for the rear

I've got one more trick up my sleeve, but I haven't had time to purchase the parts yet;)
-Bill

subbieatnz
10-15-2009, 01:20 PM
-Bill

What is the HD end links? is that a perticular brand? or type of end link?

benebob
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Or you could do nothing and still have a faster car then Bill:barf:

7. 15 min mod on rear

I've got one more trick up my sleeve, but I haven't had time to purchase the parts yet;)
-Bill

svxcess
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM

HD = Heavy Duty

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/data/500/HD-Front-SB-End-Links.jpg

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/SVXRide/25584.jpg

More info in these threads. Click HERE (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45088&highlight=End+links) and HERE (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35995&highlight=End+links)

Johnybeas
10-17-2009, 05:01 PM
7. 15 min mod on rear

Prices and sources :)

SVXRide
10-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Or you could do nothing and still have a faster car then Bill:barf:

YOU! Back to work on your TVR......NOW!

:lol::lol::lol:

-Bill

SVXRide
10-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Prices and sources :)

1. You really don't want to know (it's the only one in existence...)
2. I'm blanking on the member who is now offering these (was the only one in existence up until a couple of months ago;))
3. Figure on ~$1,100-1,200 + installation. Check with All We'll Drive
4. $400-450 + installation. Again, check with All We'll Drive
5. Available at most major parts stores
6. Do a search of the network, as I honestly can't remember
7. Think you've already done this
8. Parts $ = Parts for #7. Labor - check with All We'll Drive
9. Available at most major parts stores

Hope this helps.
-Bill

Johnybeas
10-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't pay labor anymore, I do everything myself. Until I get to building my motor and turboing but ya, I am taking suspension and brakes in the spring prob. and I'm getting part of my Koni set up paid for for my christmas. So I'll do that in January. While I have that part taken apart, what mods will be easy to do along with it that don't cost much???

Do you plan on making another front sway bar ever or selling them??? I like your design and that hd end link set up. If you were to sell them how much would you charge??

dromano
10-23-2009, 04:37 PM

7. 15 min mod on rear

-Bill

SVXRide, can you direct me to the camber bolts? A parts diagram, part number? An alignment guy couldn't loosen the 2 bolts necessary to align the rear wheels, If that's the camber bolts I need new ones so the old ones can be cut and removed.:confused:

lhopp77
10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
SVXRide, can you direct me to the camber bolts? A parts diagram, part number? An alignment guy couldn't loosen the 2 bolts necessary to align the rear wheels, If that's the camber bolts I need new ones so the old ones can be cut and removed.:confused:

You can get them here or sometimes they are listed on Ebay.

http://svx-motorsport-accessories.stores.yahoo.net/rearcambolki.html

Lee

Nevin
11-09-2009, 06:55 PM
For what it's worth, a set of endlinks is pretty easy to "cobble" together, and have a fine product. If you wanted to make your own set of HD front endlinks, you could do so for around $50.

Honestly, when I was first searching for endlinks for the rear bars I'm making, I just went on ebay and typed it what I was looking for to kinda get an idea of what I wanted. Then I emailed a few places and just went from there. Just know how long of a piece you what, know that you want heim-joint ends, and the rest is up to you.

If you have any other questions, I can even give you a good place to go to.

p.s. Not to steal a thread, but would people be interested in HD front endlinks if they were available? I think I could pretty easily make it happen if there were enough interest.

Johnybeas
11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
if you could do it for like 60 bucks, 10 bucks for your troubles and 50 for the cost, I'd be down, get some with my rear sway bar ;)

Hell even better The bontragger swaybar set??? front n rear???? eh eh??

Nevin
11-09-2009, 07:29 PM
if you could do it for like 60 bucks, 10 bucks for your troubles and 50 for the cost, I'd be down, get some with my rear sway bar ;)

Hell even better The bontragger swaybar set??? front n rear???? eh eh??

So you don't want to save the $10, and do half an hour of online research yourself? hahaha Honestly, people make it out that stuff like this is hard to do. It's not!

I won't be offering them with the rear sway bars, but COULD in the future?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. :)

It would be nice to one day actually have RSB's on hand ready to ship out whenever someone decides they want one, but that's just a bit down the road.

Johnybeas
11-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I have nothing to weld with and am already swamped with work as it is.

I don't know if you have seen my posts but, I'm fiberglassing sub enclosures, running a viper alarm system (which is having issues), doing clear headlights with halos (clear corners are done), rebuilding a WRX tranny for another member, blue conversion(still waiting on a few led's), and trying to figure out why my car just randomly stalled and won't start up. Not to mention working and going to school full time. And once those are done I plan to fab up a new cold air intake with another member.

So if I could squeeze anymore in there without a heart attack... I totally would.

I hope you see my reluctance to take on anything else right now. :)

10 bucks sounds peachy to me :)

Nevin
11-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I have nothing to weld with and am already swamped with work as it is.

I don't know if you have seen my posts but, I'm fiberglassing sub enclosures, running a viper alarm system (which is having issues), doing clear headlights with halos (clear corners are done), rebuilding a WRX tranny for another member, blue conversion(still waiting on a few led's), and trying to figure out why my car just randomly stalled and won't start up. Not to mention working and going to school full time. And once those are done I plan to fab up a new cold air intake with another member.

So if I could squeeze anymore in there without a heart attack... I totally would.

I hope you see my reluctance to take on anything else right now. :)

10 bucks sounds peachy to me :)

Well, lucky you no welding is required, and the hardest part was when I called the place and ordered them. It's literally much easier than any other project that you're doing right now. lol Not to bash, but people don't realize that all that is required is going online and doing a bit of research, and then just ordering parts and installing them!

And it's not like you're the only one doing other stuff like that right now. I have to install 4 struts on a car, finish my 4.11 tranny swap, I run a detailing business after "normal" work hours, rewire and 5-sp swap my probe, the last month or so I've been working about 50 hours a week, and on top of that I have regular activities planned 3 nights a week besides detailing!

Sorry, don't take that as venting; just trying to explain that some things actually ARE easy, and with minimal research the correct part can be purchased at a reasonable price and installed very easily. -On top of whatever else it is that you're doing!

And if you were around here, I would definitely help you fab up a cold air intake. Which reminds me, I have another full CAI design (tb to filter) that I'd like to try out... Mwa ha haaa!!

Johnybeas
11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
nice nice ya, for some reason my SVX won't start so i'm very angy I've got an idea that I think will look clean and be quite functional, I'm not sure how many parts I wanna break it into since I don't need a maf now...but not to jack my own thread lol suspension suspension suspension lol that's my spring semester :) I'll do some research and give it a shot then if it's so easy.

Nevin
11-11-2009, 09:18 PM
nice nice ya, for some reason my SVX won't start so i'm very angy I've got an idea that I think will look clean and be quite functional, I'm not sure how many parts I wanna break it into since I don't need a maf now...but not to jack my own thread lol suspension suspension suspension lol that's my spring semester :) I'll do some research and give it a shot then if it's so easy.

Sorry man, I'm not trying to pick on you. What I was saying before came off pretty heavy as me being mad or something, which I'm not.

I was just trying to get the point across that sometimes things really aren't that hard! And I'd be happy to do a group buy or something for front endlinks sometime, but just not at the moment.

Johnybeas
12-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Ok so I'm making up my list of suspension parts to fully upgrade my suspension and I'm curious... what do those camber bolts do for your suspension?

SVXRide
12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Camber bolts will allow you to get more negative camber than you can with the stock bolts. Not a whole lot more, but worth the investment. NB - in stock configuration, the SVX has no rear camber adjustment, so aftermarket bolts are necessary to get any negative camber.
-Bill

Johnybeas
12-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Camber bolts will allow you to get more negative camber than you can with the stock bolts. Not a whole lot more, but worth the investment. NB - in stock configuration, the SVX has no rear camber adjustment, so aftermarket bolts are necessary to get any negative camber.
-Bill

ahah! so i see lol, I still think you or nevin need to start producing the front swaybars too! :) I'm going to be a lucky owner of one of the rear ones soon though :)

SVXRide
12-19-2009, 10:53 AM
ahah! so i see lol, I still think you or nevin need to start producing the front swaybars too! :) I'm going to be a lucky owner of one of the rear ones soon though :)

The front bar is a whole different kettle of fish :lol:
It has to thread through the front subframe so, by necessity, it's at least a two piece design (mine is a three piece set up). Splining the end of a rod is not an inexpensive activity, not to mention that you have to do a complementary internal spline to the arm that attaches. I'm definitely "in" to work with Nevin on the bar design if he decides to pursue a front bar offering! :cool:
-Bill

Nevin
12-19-2009, 04:35 PM
The front bar is a whole different kettle of fish :lol:
It has to thread through the front subframe so, by necessity, it's at least a two piece design (mine is a three piece set up). Splining the end of a rod is not an inexpensive activity, not to mention that you have to do a complementary internal spline to the arm that attaches. I'm definitely "in" to work with Nevin on the bar design if he decides to pursue a front bar offering! :cool:
-Bill

Yeah, it's way more complex. It's cost would be much higher and effects would not be as noticeable. I currently have no plans to pursue making a front bar.

Johnybeas
12-20-2009, 05:19 PM
I definitely see much greater need for the rear, just was curious what all it entailed and if it was something we may see in the near future. I really appreciate what you guys have done figuring out all this stuff! :) I'm still learning! :)

SVXRide
12-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I definitely see much greater need for the rear, just was curious what all it entailed and if it was something we may see in the near future. I really appreciate what you guys have done figuring out all this stuff! :) I'm still learning! :)

Get one of Nevin's rear bars, go with the Koni/GC coil over set up, aftermarket camber bolts front and back, and get better bushings for the stock front bar. I think you'll be very happy with the results. A larger front bar only factors in if you're really pushing the car.
-Bill

TomsSVX
12-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Get one of Nevin's rear bars, go with the Koni/GC coil over set up, and get better bushings for the stock front bar. I think you'll be very happy with the results. A larger front bar only factors in if you're really pushing the tires.
-Bill

fixt it fur ya!!

Tom

Hondasucks
12-27-2009, 02:19 PM
So I just did a search for "poly diff bushings" and "differential bushings" and came up with nothing :( I need to replace mine, as it clunks pretty well when you back up :( Who is the guy on the board who has those????

svxfiles
12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
So I just did a search for "poly diff bushings" and "differential bushings" and came up with nothing :( I need to replace mine, as it clunks pretty well when you back up :( Who is the guy on the board who has those????

Are your differential bushings broken/worn out?
A 15 minute mod will help the life of good bushings.

Or upgraded bushings for that matter.

SVXRide
12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
fixt it fur ya!!

Tom

Thank you , thank you very much ;):D Oh, and Hondasucks, the thread for the rear diff bushings is here => http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29540&highlight=rear+differential+bushings
-Bill

Hondasucks
01-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Looks like he's out :-( I did find a thread about some inserts, mine aren't completely rotted out so maybe the inserts would work...

Seraphinwolf
01-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Well, lucky you no welding is required, and the hardest part was when I called the place and ordered them. It's literally much easier than any other project that you're doing right now. lol Not to bash, but people don't realize that all that is required is going online and doing a bit of research, and then just ordering parts and installing them!

And it's not like you're the only one doing other stuff like that right now. I have to install 4 struts on a car, finish my 4.11 tranny swap, I run a detailing business after "normal" work hours, rewire and 5-sp swap my probe, the last month or so I've been working about 50 hours a week, and on top of that I have regular activities planned 3 nights a week besides detailing!

Sorry, don't take that as venting; just trying to explain that some things actually ARE easy, and with minimal research the correct part can be purchased at a reasonable price and installed very easily. -On top of whatever else it is that you're doing!

And if you were around here, I would definitely help you fab up a cold air intake. Which reminds me, I have another full CAI design (tb to filter) that I'd like to try out... Mwa ha haaa!!

Post or PM said part number of the endlinks? I've been wanting to do this since I started running my WAY too stiff coilovers and with road construction this past summer(DON"T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE STATE SPENDING ALLOCATED GOV MONEY ON ROADS THEY JUST DID THE YEAR BEFORE CAUSE OBAMA SAID THEY HAD TO!) and with the bad transition sections on the high way have been running bent endlinks since within a week of the coilovers...:mad: Plus I'm so low right now I need the adjustability to correct any problems.
Or you can really go through with just selling endlinks kits! $10 if fine by me to not hunt.

Nevin
01-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Post or PM said part number of the endlinks? I've been wanting to do this since I started running my WAY too stiff coilovers and with road construction this past summer(DON"T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE STATE SPENDING ALLOCATED GOV MONEY ON ROADS THEY JUST DID THE YEAR BEFORE CAUSE OBAMA SAID THEY HAD TO!) and with the bad transition sections on the high way have been running bent endlinks since within a week of the coilovers...:mad: Plus I'm so low right now I need the adjustability to correct any problems.
Or you can really go through with just selling endlinks kits! $10 if fine by me to not hunt.

Haha, umm I'm not sure of the part number. PM me if you like. If people are REALLY interested, I could get a run of front heim-joint style endlinks together. I'd rather get the next batch of swaybars done first though. Working and doing everything else is keeping me pretty busy!

If you coul wait til spring, I think we'd be better off.

sicksubie
01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
I would be in on a set of front endlinks

Sov13t
01-14-2010, 08:07 AM
YES I WANT THEM NOW. NOT IN SPRING. NOW!

YOU NEED TO SATISFY THE DEMAND NOW!... ACTUALLY I WANTED IT YESTERDAY!!!! WHAT THE HELL!

:)

You can put me on that list anytime Nevin. I am sure it will be another great product.

-Sov

Seraphinwolf
01-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Haha, umm I'm not sure of the part number. PM me if you like. If people are REALLY interested, I could get a run of front heim-joint style endlinks together. I'd rather get the next batch of swaybars done first though. Working and doing everything else is keeping me pretty busy!

If you coul wait til spring, I think we'd be better off.

PMing now. LOL Guess i"ve been paying attention to the network as little as people have been active on it lately. :rolleyes: