PDA

View Full Version : Cracked a Flex Plate or worried about it??

yt
10-10-2009, 12:11 PM
If you have your engine and/or transmission out this is a required purchase.

Subaru Part #12332AA071

This is the Phase II flex plate that is a direct bolt up for our engines and our Phase I transmissions...

The old style plates are 2.05mm thick according to my micrometer

The new style plates are 3.25mm thick

Just figured someone may need this info. If you have a hard time finding one, let me know, I ordered 3 and need one, so there are two on the shelf

Tom

yt
10-10-2009, 02:46 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/TomsSVX/1010091536.jpg

Sorry for camera phone pic but you get the picture

Tom

sowise
10-10-2009, 03:32 PM
How much are you selling the ones on the shelf for? I believe I have an order in for heads and steering rack maybe we can work something out once I send back the cores?

yt
10-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Yea, I will throw one in for you free of charge. I am hoping to have the heads back from the machine shop next week so I can begin lapping the valves and reassembly. The rest is waiting to ship with the heads correct?

Tom

SVXRide
10-10-2009, 07:57 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/TomsSVX/1010091536.jpg

Sorry for camera phone pic but you get the picture

Tom

Interesting design. Thicker material should definitely help.

-Bill

sowise
10-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Thank You!
The heads, steering rack and Group N mounts can pretty much come together I am not in a rush just yet since I ordered my engine seal kit last week.
As soon as the heads arrive I will pull mine and get them out to you. Would you perhaps like me to ship my flex plate back I don't believe it is cracked or damaged I just felt like upgrading.

yt
10-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Thank You!
The heads, steering rack and Group N mounts can pretty much come together I am not in a rush just yet since I ordered my engine seal kit last week.
As soon as the heads arrive I will pull mine and get them out to you. Would you perhaps like me to ship my flex plate back I don't believe it is cracked or damaged I just felt like upgrading.

The rack and the old heads are all I will need back from you. I have a ton of flex plates here already, but there is no good use for the old ones

Tom

yt
10-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Interesting design. Thicker material should definitely help.

-Bill

its drilled for weight. The PhaseII flex plate is still heavier even with all the material removed.

Tom

Wocketman
12-02-2009, 07:48 PM
YT,
What are the symptoms that indicate one might need the new beefier plate?

TomsSVX
12-02-2009, 08:26 PM
A broken one

Tom

Wocketman
12-03-2009, 05:19 AM
A broken one

Tom

Har har...what would one notice when driving with a broken one?

subeman90
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Har har...what would one notice when driving with a broken one?

the total lack of any movement from the car. Broken plate does not turn the TC and then the shaft doesn't turn and then the pump doesn't make pressure and since there is no pressure there is no movement. Engine will run fine and rev fine but the car will not move.

Hocrest
12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
the total lack of any movement from the car. Broken plate does not turn the TC and then the shaft doesn't turn and then the pump doesn't make pressure and since there is no pressure there is no movement. Engine will run fine and rev fine but the car will not move.
If it's broken that bad, the car won't start, the starter would turn the TC and the trans, but not the engine...

Generally if it's cracked, it will make a loud clicking at times.

subeman90
12-03-2009, 12:32 PM
If it's broken that bad, the car won't start, the starter would turn the TC and the trans, but not the engine...

but if the car is already running.... it will free rev. :lol:

maybe you should tell this story...aren't you the king of cracked FP's? :lol:

Hocrest
12-03-2009, 08:05 PM
but if the car is already running.... it will free rev. :lol:

maybe you should tell this story...aren't you the king of cracked FP's? :lol:
huh?? I had one that I found to be mildly cracked when I pulled the trans???

Now failed tranny's? Yeah you could call me the king of them... ;)

TomsSVX
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
huh?? I had one that I found to be mildly cracked when I pulled the trans???

Now failed tranny's? Yeah you could call me the king of them... ;)

What about costume contests... You win at these:lol:

Tom

Hocrest
12-03-2009, 08:39 PM
You're just jealous because I look better than you do in a Tux :D