PDA

View Full Version : Welded Cam Cost

FriendlyTurkey
09-11-2009, 11:56 AM
So far I've received the following quotes on welded cams with custom profiles.

Delta: $700
Web: $1654

After talking to both companies I'm leaning towards the more affordable option. I talked extensively with Delta Cams. They were hesitant at first to do a high lifter cam with lots of duration (12mm 250 degrees @ 0.050") due to clearance issues. They wanted to make sure that I was satisfied with my purchase and knew of the other modifcations I would have to make so that these cams would work for me. (head clearancing, longer valves, springs with enough compression travel prior to bind, solid lifters, ect). After talking to them more about my application, they have agreed to do this grind for me. I'm pretty excited about this because I'd read that they weren't willing to do any radical cams for the EG33.

FT

TomsSVX
09-11-2009, 06:11 PM
I just pulled my Web cams out of the box for the first time. After seeing both Delta and Web cams all I can say is, the difference in cost is quality. I have seen some nasty looking lobes from Delta, Web's are absolutely perfect. There is no comparison

Tom

FriendlyTurkey
09-11-2009, 07:09 PM
I just pulled my Web cams out of the box for the first time. After seeing both Delta and Web cams all I can say is, the difference in cost is quality. I have seen some nasty looking lobes from Delta, Web's are absolutely perfect. There is no comparison

Tom

How much did you pay for your web cams Tom?

TomsSVX
09-11-2009, 08:05 PM
How much did you pay for your web cams Tom?

Your quote is accurate. Fortunately I am able to get resale prices because I run a legitimate business and I only charged my customer my cost. But if I were to order another set I would be reselling them at the price quoted above. When I get around to building my own heads for my car, I will absolutely be using Web cams

Tom

RallyBob
09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
When I get around to building my own heads for my car, I will absolutely be using Web cams

Tom

Not to mention they hold up. Jack's been running his cams for what....3 years of racing @ 8200 rpm shift points? And the lobes looked like NEW when I saw them during his overhaul last year. My guess is they are using a cobalt welding rod for this process, much harder than even the OEM core.