PDA

View Full Version : custom header exhaust

skuby98
09-05-2009, 05:20 PM
ok i been looking for a while. but i can't find it cheap. i want a 3 into1 pipe collector. just like tom has for his long tube headers. i just need the collector or merge pipe section.

james

FriendlyTurkey
09-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm looking at a set of these weld together collectors for my build. Very affordable!

http://www.coneeng.com/weld_on_collector_kit.html

skuby98
09-05-2009, 08:16 PM
i saw them but didn't know if they were good or not. i think i use them.

james

Nevin
09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Burns Stainless makes a HIGH quality unit. You're not going to find a piece that is not crap for cheap though. The burns pieces are ~$240 each in mild steel according to their 2009 catalogue, page 20.

Johnybeas
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
are theirs custom or do they have a set up for the SVX already???

Nevin
09-21-2009, 05:28 PM
are theirs custom or do they have a set up for the SVX already???

I don't know if you were talking to me, but I'll answer.

Pretty much nothing you'll find will be SVX-specific. The collectors I've found are just a general 3-1 unit, but you specify what diameter and all that. So, as long as you know what you're doing you could still come out with a good unit.

Careful consideration should be given to sizing exhaust though. If you're going ALL OUT, Burns would be the place to go with, and using their "X-design" program they would design a set of headers for you from the ground up. You can get the specs from them or you can decide to have them make them for you (which I personally wouldn't) and they subtract $75 from the cost. However, having them make the headers would cost around $2200 from my best estimates. Hardly worth the cost if you ask me, given the "meager" amounts of power. You could still build them yourself with their specs, but you'd still end up spending ~$800 in parts. Much more affordable, but still a good chunk of $$.

skuby98
09-22-2009, 12:39 PM
i will do the more cheap way. the first response it good enough. this will be a stock engine and a daily driver for a while. i just need it up and running asap. but i am waiting on parts and the wiring (which i am doing my self)

james