PDA

View Full Version : Seat Back Swap

SVXalter
09-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Is it possible to swap seat backs from leather to cloth? I know it probably is easy, but how easy would it be to gain/set up the feature of having the higher lever to move the seat forward?

NiftySVX
09-03-2009, 08:28 PM
The easiest thing to do would be to swap the entire seat.

lhopp77
09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Is it possible to swap seat backs from leather to cloth? I know it probably is easy, but how easy would it be to gain/set up the feature of having the higher lever to move the seat forward?

Your question is a bit fuzzy--to me anyway. What is it you really want? Do you want to end up with automatic cloth seats?

Lee

SVXalter
09-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Sorry being unclear. I would just like to switch the covers that are on the backs of the seats. Just the outer shell type guards that face the rear seats. What I really want is the ability to move the driver's seat forward using the lever that is on the left side of the driver's seat back. So a swap that gives be that lever while keeping the cloth seat.

svxistentialist
09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Is your driver seat electric or manual?

SVXalter
09-07-2009, 05:09 PM
My driver's seat is manual.

svxistentialist
09-07-2009, 05:52 PM
My driver's seat is manual.

Then what you need to purchase will be the seat back from a Japanese or English left seat. These will be set up the same as your passenger seat.

You will also need the lever and knob and you will also need the cable the lever pulls.

Taking off the cover on your passenger side should tell you all you need to convert your driver seat.

Joe