PDA

View Full Version : +22hp with Chippoint in UAE?

SilverSpear
08-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Here are the details, please read in reverse, from the bottom up. Is this doable?

Dear Dan,

We do remap for the original ECU no need to add any ECU for this car or stand alone box and you will get a better result than any stand alone unit

(we can control the ECU to give you the same performance like any other stand alone unit and it will be much smother )

Please feel free to contact me if you need any information

Best Regards

Yazeed
Chip Point Engineering
Al Ain 202169 UAE
+97137631555
+971503355656

www.chippoint.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 1:11 AM
To: info@chippoint.net
Subject: RE: Danny has send Information through Chippoint.net

Wow, that was some time ago... I mean my email.

Yazeed I want to know what kind of ECU modification you did on the Subaru SVX. I mean did you add a chip to the ECU? Or you installed a standalone? Or maybe something else?

There are two companies that provide Chips for this car, one is Australian and discontinued, the other is American and goes by the name ecutune.com

You also have a complete standalones like Hydra Nemesis and Megasquirt...

Now if you have something innovative that you did, please let me know.

Dan

> From: info@chippoint.net
> To: danxxxxx@hotmail.com
> Subject: RE: Danny has send Information through Chippoint.net
> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:07:00 +0400
>
> Dear Danny,
>
> Thank you for your e mail,
>
> What kind of details you need?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Yazeed
>
> Chip Point Engineering
>
> Al Ain 202169 UAE
> +97137631555
> +971503355656
> www.chippoint.net
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: danxxxxx@hotmail.com [mailto:danxxxxx@hotmail.com]
> Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 12:44 PM
> To: info@chippoint.net
> Subject: Danny has send Information through Chippoint.net
>
>
> Monday, July 20, 2009, 2:43 am [EST]
>
>
> Message: Hello,
>
> I can see that you have successfully modified the Subaru SVX ECU to read
> 252hp. If I may inquire about the details please?
>
>
> Name: Danny
>
>
> Email : danxxxx@hotmail.com

b3lha
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Of course it's doable. It's what ecutune does.

Our ECU is similar to that used in some early Imprezas. For a tuner who knew how to tune the impreza, it wouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to tune the SVX.

TomsSVX
08-24-2009, 04:43 PM
They probably do what I was going to do not too long ago, use the TSB chips and just reflash them. If I really wanted to invest a little over $1000 into it I could have done it easily. Problem is, there are still restraints with the stock ECU that I did not want to deal with which is why I chose to get to work with Hydra instead as it is far superior on mapping alone not to mention the insane amount of functions.

Tom

SilverSpear
08-26-2009, 12:41 PM
He just replied to me with a price of $960 for that reflash... Just letting everyone know about it.

y2daniel1981
08-27-2009, 07:30 PM
My guess is all it does it advance the timing and open the injectors for a little longer. That'd be my theory for adding just 22hp. If I was going to spend almost $1k to do something with the ECU, it'd be an EMS like Hydra or MeagSquirt and do some tuning, which would probably yeld better results then 22hp.

Myxalplyx
08-28-2009, 06:27 PM
I can't seem to find any information from anyone on any of the sites that have seen any results from the installation of a ChipPoint Tuning 'chip'. No dyno information or anything. Only people asking questions about it.

Can't seem to find any dyno charts on their site or elsewhere as well. Are you planning on purchasing the chip upgrade and reporting back your findings?

SilverSpear
08-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Kevin, the guy at Chippoint seem that he is reflashing the stock ECU to read 22hps more, that it. This guy is located in the United Arab Emirates in the Middle East.

With that said, I think he only does local cars, which one of them turned out to be our beloved SVX.

And no, I will NOT be reflashing my ECU rather than going with a standalone.

lhopp77
08-29-2009, 08:42 AM
If it actually provided 22HP that would be a nice gain for most SVX drivers . Excluding those that try to rush from light to light or drive it competitively. Assuming it really worked without seriously lowering gas mileage. I might spend that much for that increase if really proven.

Just my opinion.

Lee

SilverSpear
08-29-2009, 08:46 AM
If it actually provided 22HP that would be a nice gain for most SVX drivers . Excluding those that try to rush from light to light or drive it competitively. Assuming it really worked without seriously lowering gas mileage. I might spend that much for that increase if really proven.

Just my opinion.

Lee

Contact him directly and ask for more info if you are interested...

Myxalplyx
08-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Kevin, the guy at Chippoint seem that he is reflashing the stock ECU to read 22hps more, that it. This guy is located in the United Arab Emirates in the Middle East.

With that said, I think he only does local cars, which one of them turned out to be our beloved SVX.

And no, I will NOT be reflashing my ECU rather than going with a standalone.

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing the info. ;)