PDA

View Full Version : 10th Anniversary Meet, Lafayette, Ind. July 2002

Pages : [1] 2

John19688
05-31-2001, 08:15 AM
In 2002 the SVX will be 10 years old (1992-2002). Celebrate with over 100 other SVX owners by coming to the 10th Anniversary Meet.

When: July 20-22, 2002

Where: Subaru-Izusu Assembly Plant, Lafayette Indiana

What:
Tour the plant
Tech demos
Prizes
Scenic drives
Indy Speedway Museum
People
and, of course, THE CARS!

For more information, contact Larry Singer at larry.singer@dayzim.com (larry.singer@dayzim.com)

PS: I'm surprised Larry didn't beat me to this post :-)

Seraph
05-31-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by John19688

PS: I'm surprised Larry didn't beat me to this post :-)

Yeah. I am surprised too. How many do we have so far Larry? If you are listening

I am gonna be there.
Free food right?

Lwin
and do i get to drive behind R-DUB-J?

LarryIII
06-01-2001, 05:11 AM
First, I don't always come here John, I'm still at the Yahoo club, but I do make occasional trips to this site. Things have really grown and improved here since the opening. But, it's probably like my dot.com stocks. I won't see any finanancial return on my initial investment.
Second, thanks for posting the 10th Anniversary Meet info.
I appreciate it.

Third, Seraphim (Are you really an Arch-Angel ?), free food (Hot Diggity Dog) will be given to the one that wins the SVX Spelling Bee. The word; "Isuzu", should knock out alot of contestants in the first round. And , is over-drive one or 2 words? Study up gang!! Can you spell LIP?

Larry III, :cool:
also known as Larry iii, :rolleyes:
also known as Lorenzo di Contare, :o
also known as The Beautifull Naviguesser's beau :p
also known as Aredub's caddy, ;)
also known as the poor man's Shotsky :eek:

LarryIII
06-01-2001, 05:26 AM
Lwin,

We have 95 cars signed up already. It's about 120 people.

You can drive directly BEHIND Aerdub; but only when he's wearing his zebra striped thong with optional 'tater.

Larry III:D

eddycat2000
06-01-2001, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Lwin,

We have 95 cars signed up already. It's about 120 people.

You can drive directly BEHIND Aerdub; but only when he's wearing his zebra striped thong with optional 'tater.

Oh HAR! I thought he'd moved that tater to the front of his panties! Some guys just will not learn, will they?:D

Aredubjay
06-01-2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Seraphim

Yeah. I am surprised too. How many do we have so far Larry? If you are listening

I am gonna be there.
Free food right?

Lwin
and do i get to drive behind R-DUB-J?

Lwin. You wouldn't happen to be referring to a small clip of "pirated" video from the Reading meet, would you? :D

Seraph
06-01-2001, 11:09 AM
I am not sure where i have seen your car AreDub. I think it's from that meet though. I kind of like it.
I am getting my plates personalized too and so far, I got these:

SIQTDE -- and -- PULOVER

Lwin:D

LarryIII
06-08-2001, 06:56 AM
Hi Gang,

We are now have 97 SVXers signed-up for the Meet.
Only 3 more slots are available. Sign-up now for the best time you can have for 3 days in public.

Larry III :D

LarryIII
06-12-2001, 08:33 AM
Hi Gang,

We are up to 99 SVXers signed-up for this meet ,as of this morning.

Who wants to be #100 ?

LarryIII
06-12-2001, 12:31 PM
Hi Gang, :D

HORRAY, HORRAY !!! ;)

We now have 101 SVXers signed up for the 10th Anniversary SVX Meet ( I just love typing that.)
See you all there.

Larry III :cool:
The difficult we do immediately . The impossible takes a little longer. I knew we could do it.
Maybe we should shoot for 200.
:p

I guess you can tell that I'm really happy.
It doesn't take much...
a great car=the SVX,
a terrific woman= The Beautiful Naviguesser,
and a cannoli from Little Italy (NYC) with a cup of expresso.
Now if only the 76ers can beat the Lakers...

**92SVX**
06-13-2001, 11:52 AM
Larry, there 6 more (that I'm aware of) that will be attending the meet in Lafayette. one of the six may already be registered...subyqa. The rest should be registering some time soon. All work for Subaru (SIA). This meet should prove to be rather interesting.
Do you know who ((from SOA)) is aware of this meet???

LarryIII
06-14-2001, 05:14 AM
92SVX

<<<Larry, there 6 more (that I'm aware of) that will be attending the meet in Lafayette. one of the six may already be registered...subyqa. The rest should be registering some time soon. All work for Subaru (SIA). This meet should prove to be rather interesting.
Do you know who ((from SOA)) is aware of this meet???>>>

As far as I know you are not yet on the sign-up sheet. Please contact me by e-mail as you may be able to give me information which would prove helpful in my negotiations with SIA. I have been told by SIA that they are considered an FTZ and that parking spaces are limited.

Larry III
larry.singer@dayzim.com

1994SubaruSVX
06-14-2001, 12:51 PM
i have a friend that owns two justy's and a legacy and he was wondering if he could come to just look at all the svx's? how would this work? i mean could he just show up to look around?

LarryIII
06-14-2001, 03:01 PM
1994SVX,

He can contact me to sign-up or he can just(y) come. We have SVXers coming in other cars. Either because their cars are in England, or they don't own their SVXes anymore, or their SVX broke down :( , or they are coming in a Citroen SM (long story).

Have your buddy contact me.

Larry III :
larry.singer@dayzim.com:cool

1994SubaruSVX
06-14-2001, 03:04 PM
he is a fireman across the street and he will come over and just look at my car. then he will come inside while i am working and start talking to me about subies and the wrx and my svx and on and on......anyway he is a nice guy and if he wants to come then the more power to him. i will give him you email address. thanks larry.

Leo

jscorse
06-15-2001, 06:41 AM
Is there a place we can keep the list of people who are going? I guess a post would do it, but just a list so's we can all be sure we're not left out. Wow 100+ people! Woohoo! I'd be a shame to have to limit that in anyway.

LarryIII
06-15-2001, 08:37 AM
1994SVX,

Can he come in the hook and ladder? Just imagine a firetuck with lights flashing and sirens blaring driving down the road followed by 100 SVXes. Awesome!!!;)

Larry III:cool:

Seraph
06-16-2001, 05:08 PM
I have strobes and sirens in my SVX. Can I be at the end of the line if he goes at the front with his fire truck?

Lwin

LarryIII
06-17-2001, 09:10 AM
We now have 105 SVXers signed-up for this Meet.

Yahoooooo!!!!:D

Larry III

Seraph
06-17-2001, 09:12 AM
Larry,
Wanna shoot for 150? I think we can do it too. We have 200 members here on this place. We also have a decent amount of people on the yahoo board. I think we can do it for 150

Lwin:)

LarryIII
06-17-2001, 02:49 PM
Hi Gang,

We now have 105 SVXers signed-up for the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet.

LarryIII
06-27-2001, 01:56 PM
As of this morning, we now have 106 SVXers signed-up for this meet. And Farnk said we wouldn't get 50.

"Oh ye of little faith !!!!"

We are SVXers. The difficult is done immediately. The impossible takes a little longer. Someday, all remanufactured trannys from SOA may actually last 100, 000 miles. Someday all wheel bearings replaced by Subie dealeships may last 100, 000 miles.
Someday, even Aredub may come to like yellow cars.

Ah, hope springs etenal. :p

Aredubjay
06-27-2001, 02:10 PM
Someday, even Aredub may come to like yellow cars.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! NEVER! :p

immortal_suby
06-27-2001, 05:27 PM
LarryIII
Please change my email address on the list to immortal_suby@hotmail.com (had to switch ISP's) and also up the list to 107 SVX's since my wife will be driving her SVX up to the meet as well.

eddycat2000
06-27-2001, 06:38 PM
As of this morning, we now have 106 SVXers signed-up for this meet. And Farnk said we wouldn't get 50.

A POX on Farnk I tells ya, a POX on Farnk!:D

Aredubjay
06-27-2001, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by eddycat2000

A POX on Farnk I tells ya, a POX on Farnk!:D

Who Farnked? Did you Farnk? I didn't Farnk. Here a Farnk, there a Farnk everywhere a Farnk Farnk . . . 'n' buttons 'n' bows. :D

LarryIII
06-28-2001, 05:20 AM
To Immortal-Suby

<<<<Please change my email address on the list to immortal_suby@hotmail.com (had to switch ISP's) and also up the list to 107 SVX's since my wife will be driving her SVX up to the meet as well.>>>>

Ok your e-mail address is changed on the meet list. I added your wife to the List as #107, but I need your wife's club alias (if aplicable) and real first name. Also, (Don't be offended, this is the state of lifestyles in America today, so I have to ask) I need her state of residence if different from yours.

Matt, please don't tell me that her club alias is
"Mrs. Immortal_Suby.":D

PS: How do you copy & paste from previous posts and make the insert bold. This club has a lot of features but I don't know how to operate them.:confused:

Seraph
06-28-2001, 05:40 AM
To Immortal-Suby

PS: How do you copy & paste from previous posts and make the insert bold. This club has a lot of features but I don't know how to operate them.:confused:

Larry, there is a little button on the end of each message called quote. If you press it, there will be a quote inserted into the new post. Edit the quote and click on the submit.

Hope it helps.
Lwin

**92SVX**
06-28-2001, 06:25 AM
You guys are really starting to challenge the parking area!!!

Larry...any additional contact with SOA???

Seraph
06-28-2001, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by **92SVX**
You guys are really starting to challenge the parking area!!!

Larry...any additional contact with SOA???

Hey, That's a good thing right? We have one of two things we can do.
1. Take over the SOA parking lot (i hope it can fit 100+ cars) or
2. Perdue. :D I'd love to see the whole perdue campus filled with SVXes.

I hate to be a poophead but how may of that registered 107 will be really there? Perhaps we should have a monthly reminder to everyone with an e-mail or something since we are less then a year away from the meet.

I can't wait.

Lwin

Aredubjay
06-28-2001, 09:58 AM
I hate to be a poophead

Too late. :D

LarryIII
06-28-2001, 10:20 AM

Larry, there is a little button on the end of each message called quote. If you press it, there will be a quote inserted into the new post. Edit the quote and click on the submit.

Hope it helps.
Lwin

Thanks Lwin.

John19688
07-02-2001, 10:04 AM
I have sent an e-mail to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway requesting that we be given the opportunity to take our SVXs for a lap around the track. I received a message back stating that it had been forwarded to the appropriate person.

I've seen online that a couple of other clubs (Camaro, Chevelle, Motorcycle) have been given the opportunity to take a lap so the prospect looks good that we will get to do it.

1994SubaruSVX
07-02-2001, 11:37 AM
in my wildest dreams could i ever imagine the opportunity to take the svx around indy.....hell it would be cool even at cruising speed!:D

LarryIII
07-02-2001, 11:52 AM
John

Hot Damn !!! You da man, John !!!
I'm in, if it's not prohibitvely expensive.:p

jscorse
07-02-2001, 11:54 AM
If a trip around that most famous of tracks doesn't persude the 'on the fencers' then we have a REAL problem here. Get that lap around the track and count on several MORE sign-ons.

LordLobo
07-03-2001, 07:15 AM
We'd need permission to get some peeps in the track towers so we could get some photos of 100+ svx's rounding the turn in formation

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

!!!!!!!!!!

LarryIII
07-03-2001, 11:28 AM
Hi Gang,

We are now up to 107 SVX's signed-up for this meet. Surely we can do more. If anyone is interested go to the folder in the briefcase under my profile on the Yahoo SVX Club siteor the one in my locker here. Then contact me directly. You cannot add your name to the sign-up list that is in these folder.

HAPPY 4th of JULY TO ALL !!!

Larry III :p
PS: Can you say "One Lap at Indy". Or Calculate the equidistant spacing required to safely drive 107 SVXes + 1 Citroen SM at aspeed of 105 mph around a 2 1/2 mile banked oval track. :confused:

immortal_suby
07-04-2001, 09:20 AM
She only reads the club over my shoulder so I guess there is no alias. (but if she decides to join, I'm definitely going with Mrs. Immortal_suby) Her name is Kimberlee. She also lives (with me) in SC.

<<<Ok your e-mail address is changed on the meet list. I added your wife to the List as #107, but I need your wife's club alias (if aplicable) and real first name. Also, (Don't be offended, this is the state of lifestyles in America today, so I have to ask) I need her state of residence if different from yours.

Matt, please don't tell me that her club alias is
"Mrs. Immortal_Suby.">>>

oneothefewproud
07-04-2001, 09:51 AM
LarryIII,

I will also send you and email. Add me to the list for 2002. A lap around Indy, Holy ****. I will make the trek from California. Maybe I can get a sponser out here to help.

Caio
Wayne

montypython
07-04-2001, 02:54 PM
Hi Gang,

PS: Can you say "One Lap at Indy". Or Calculate the equidistant spacing required to safely drive 107 SVXes + 1 Citroen SM at aspeed of 105 mph around a 2 1/2 mile banked oval track. :confused:

Let's see - 2.5 miles x 5,280 = 13,200 feet / 107 = 123.3645 feet per SVX minus 15.175 feet = 108.1895 feet or 108 feet 2-1/4" spacing from rear bumper to front bumper of the next SVX.

By the way Larry, please change my nickname from criley53115 to montypython (LIP # 19)

LarryIII
07-05-2001, 05:21 AM
Colin,

I changed your club alias. Funny though, you don't look or sound like either John Cleese or Eric Idle.

Larry III:p

LarryIII
07-05-2001, 05:50 AM
Hi Gang,

We are now up to 108 SVXers signed-up for this meet. This latest sign-up is the first one from from Calif. I'm kind of disappointed on the lack of response so far from the west coast. We need to have all states represented. (Olu, you better put the HI plates back on the car for the meet)
See you all there next year.

Larry III
PS: Stay tuned to this channel for late breaking bulletins.
(Aredub changes from zebra to tiger stripes - pictures at eleven) .:eek:

LarryIII
07-17-2001, 05:51 AM
Mike,

You sent me an e-mail message about the subject meet. My computer's Norton Anti-virus software alerted me to a virus in your message. It is Virus: " JS_KAKWORM.A ". The warning note said that the software could not clean-up this virus. Therefore I did not open your message and will delete it. If you need info about the meet either go to my briefcase on the Yahoo SVX Club site , contact me here on the SVX World Network Site, or contact me on the Yahoo SVX Club site. I have already posted this message on the Yahoo SVX Club site.

John19688
07-26-2001, 12:10 PM
I have inquired with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway about allowing us all to take a lap around the track sometime during the 10th Anniversary Meet. So far I have left e-mail and voicemail. I haven't heard back but I don't want to become a pest so I will inquire at regular intervals and I'll let you know when I get a response.

I have also asked Subaru of America (SOA) of the whereabouts of the SVX PPG Pace Car they created back in 1991. There had been some discussion of how neat it would be to have it at the meet. Wouldn't it be REALLY COOL if it lead us around the track at Indy!!!????

The guy I talked to at SOA said he didn't know what happened to the car but that he knew someone there at the headquarters that would probably know what happened to it. So yet another issue that I'll update you on when I get more information.

svxxx26
07-26-2001, 02:27 PM

I have also asked Subaru of America (SOA) of the whereabouts of the SVX PPG Pace Car they created back in 1991. There had been some discussion of how neat it would be to have it at the meet. Wouldn't it be REALLY COOL if it lead us around the track at Indy!!!????

That would be SUPERCOOL! :cool:

Yes - please pursue this, John!

LarryIII
07-26-2001, 02:39 PM
To All,

I have the following on good authority. The PPG Pace has been sitting in the back of a garage in the Cherry Hill, NJ area near SOA headquarters. It has not been run regularly. In fact, it usually has no battery. A battery is put in to turn the engine over at semi-regular intervals. That's about all I do know for sure about it. It probably needs all its fluids changed and new tires. The present tires are probably flat spotted.

IMHO it's a damn shame.

Larry III

Seraph
07-26-2001, 02:57 PM
I'll trade my SVX for that pace car.... do you think SOA would mind?

lwin

**92SVX**
07-27-2001, 07:06 AM
The purple PPG SVX Pace Car is scheduled to be retired, and parked in the museum.

LarryIII
07-27-2001, 07:44 AM
To 92SVX,

What museum and where is it ?

Larry III

Aredubjay
07-27-2001, 07:46 AM
The purple PPG SVX Pace Car is scheduled to be retired, and parked in the museum.

Well, tell 'em that next June would be the perfect time to schedule a formal retirement ceremony --- AFTER it takes a lap around the Brick Yard. It would make for some great publicity, especially if it's "pacing" some 100+ SVXes instead of a bunch of crappy indy cars. :D

LarryIII
07-27-2001, 08:19 AM
Randy,

The Meet is next July so how can they retire it next June.
Go easy on the Makers' Mark, It's beginning to deaden those brain cells.

Larry III

eddycat2000
07-27-2001, 08:59 AM

Shhhhh...anyone that read the AWS thread knows that already.;) (kick, kick, damn dead dog):D

LarryIII
07-27-2001, 09:37 AM
Eddy,

Have you been spiking Aredub's Makers' Mark again with that dang Synthetic Alkyhol. :D

**92SVX**
07-27-2001, 09:50 AM
Larry, have you discussed this with the SOA rep? He may be the man who can make it happen.

LarryIII
07-27-2001, 09:54 AM
Hi Gang,

As of this morning we have 111 SVXers signed-up to attend this meet. More & more SVXers send me e-mails everyday inquiring about it. I have updated the sign-up sheet in my locker.
On the Yahoo SVX Club site I tried to post the updated list to my briefcase, but Yahoo wouldn't allow me to get into my briefcase. I just love the quirkiness of that site. It kind of reminds me of a certain automobile that we all go "GA GA" over.

Just keep those cards, letters and e-mails coming gang.

PS: I sent a couple of SVXers with tech. problems over to this site and told them to check out Eddycat's Garage. I hope they joined.

PPS: I think Aredub has been licking the shipping grease off the wheel bearings again. :D Either that or he has his plug wires crossed. ;)

eddycat2000
07-27-2001, 10:19 AM
Larry, have you discussed this with the SOA rep? He may be the man who can make it happen.

Pat, have you talked to Don about it? Maybe he could be of some assistance in this area. (Sorry if I got your name wrong, but if you've read of my keyboard episode, I lost everything I had on the hard drive (including e-mail addresses) when my wife spilled a "tiny" bit of tea on the thing). AT any rate, he's got a little clout there I think, even though he won't admit it.:D

eddycat2000
07-27-2001, 10:36 AM
PPS: I think Aredub has been licking the shipping grease off the wheel bearings again. :D Either that or he has his plug wires crossed. ;)

NO! He doesn't need that stuff, he has that famous KY (Ken-tuck-ee) jelly to lick up!:D

As for his plug wires getting crossed, the thought popped into my mind of Aredub as the trustee in "The Green Mile" when I read that, "walkin' the mile, walkin' the mile, walkin' the green mile." :D

**92SVX**
07-27-2001, 10:50 AM
Don??? Pye?

eddycat2000
07-27-2001, 11:03 AM
Don??? Pye?

Well, yes, but I'm a little hesitant to use you guys names on the internet, I don't want' you bothered.

John19688
07-27-2001, 11:13 AM
The purple PPG SVX Pace Car is scheduled to be retired, and parked in the museum. Originally posted by LarryIII
I have the following on good authority. The PPG Pace has been sitting in the back of a garage in the Cherry Hill, NJ area near SOA headquarters. It has not been run regularly. In fact, it usually has no battery. A battery is put in to turn the engine over at semi-regular intervals. That's about all I do know for sure about it.

Please let me know your sources for this information. Who is the "good authority?" How do you know for certain that the Pace Car is going to be moved to a museum?

I want to get in touch with these "sources." If you don't want to post the information here in the forum, send it to me in an e-mail (john@subarusvx.com) and I'll follow up with these people to see how to get the car to the meet.

Hey, I just had another idea...

Subaru is planning to unleash the "radical new" SVX in 2003 (see Sept 25, 2000 Autoweek). The 2003 model year cars should be coming out in September of 2002. Our meet is only a couple of months before that. So they'd at least have a couple of the new SVX ready by then right? Maybe they'd see the 10th Anniversary meet as a great opportunity to picture their new SVX in front of its beautiful heritage.

I've got a friend who is the parts distributer for Subaru for the entire east coast. I'll get in touch with him to get the names of some Subaru staff who can make this stuff happen. I'll keep you posted

Aredubjay
07-27-2001, 11:43 AM
Randy,

The Meet is next July so how can they retire it next June.

Larry III

NOTE TO SELF: July, not June. July, not June. July, not June. :D

KEVINL
07-27-2001, 12:23 PM
Shouldn't we meet in Tokyo Japan since thats where the SVX was built :D

Aredubjay
07-27-2001, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by KEVINL
Shouldn't we meet in Tokyo Japan since thats where the SVX was built :D

Correction. The SVX was built in Gunma, Japan. :D

John19688
07-27-2001, 06:06 PM
I am in contact with a guy who knows where the SVX PPG Pace Car is. He is going to talk to some folks at Subaru about having it at the 10th Anniversary Meet.

Here's what he told me:
---------------------------------------------
He saw the car last month
The car has been in storage for years (it's very dusty)
It still runs (He actually got to ride in it around the block)
It has been used on rare occaisons for special press events
It would have to be shipped (not driven) to the event in Indiana...and that may be a sticking point for Subaru. But, with a year to work out the details, I think something can be arranged.

A possible plus is that the presence of the pace car at the meet may make it easier to get that lap around Indy.

Cross your fingers and I'll keep you apprised of all developments.

Ron Mummert
07-27-2001, 09:29 PM
Larry - I'm sure you done thought of this already, but have you factored in the inevitable dropout rate? Have you noticed any lack of posts, either here or "there" from early signers-on? Face it, we got a year to go, & we know these cars ain't built by Maytag. Dooms-day scenario.... 10 of the 100 have secretly traded in for sedans & vans, 'cause "baby on board", 30 of the remaining 90 are '92s & the yet undiscovered "REPLACE AIR BAG" light goes on, ignition interlock activates & car won't start. Dealer says "time to pay 3K please", "Oh? - yes, you can push it into that big dumpster right there". 20 of the remaining 60 belong the "under 25" crowd, & have been disintegrated trying to beat 5.0 Mustangs. 20 of the remaining 40 are on cinderblocks waiting for tranny parts. 10 of the remaining 20 were T-boned during road rage incidents. 5 of the remaining 10 were lost in the "Great West Verginny Flood of '02". 3 of the remaining 5 were stolen & shipped to Uraguay for parts.
This leaves you & Aredub, who will ship his to Indiana on a flatbed to spite that airbag crap. I hope the naviguesser doesn't have a headache that day. Better keep recruitin' Ron/Tsu

svxxx26
07-28-2001, 09:20 AM
So which category did you fall into, Tsu?

Thankfully, we are on top of one of those West Virginny hills, so the great flood of '02 won't get us!

:eek:

eddycat2000
07-28-2001, 10:44 AM
One of the saddest things I have ever seen is the training SVX at SCC (Spokane Community College). It's been there for years, it's a red one. It has hardly any miles on it, because once a year (approximately) it will get run into the lab area of the college and be used to show techs how to use some new gadget or demonstrate a procedure. The rest of the year it sits out in the fenced area where drunken college kids throw beer bottles and assorted other crap on it. And yes it's a top o' the line LSI with all the bells and whistles. I'm thinking it must be a '93 because of the color, and the number of years I saw it sitting there. :( :(

Aredubjay
07-28-2001, 11:37 AM

Please let me know your sources for this information. Who is the "good authority?" How do you know for certain that the Pace Car is going to be moved to a museum?

I want to get in touch with these "sources." If you don't want to post the information here in the forum, send it to me in an e-mail (john@subarusvx.com) and I'll follow up with these people to see how to get the car to the meet.

Hey, I just had another idea...

Subaru is planning to unleash the "radical new" SVX in 2003 (see Sept 25, 2000 Autoweek). The 2003 model year cars should be coming out in September of 2002. Our meet is only a couple of months before that. So they'd at least have a couple of the new SVX ready by then right? Maybe they'd see the 10th Anniversary meet as a great opportunity to picture their new SVX in front of its beautiful heritage.

I've got a friend who is the parts distributer for Subaru for the entire east coast. I'll get in touch with him to get the names of some Subaru staff who can make this stuff happen. I'll keep you posted

When we were at Earl Duff Subaru in TN, we asked the owner of the dealership (Who has a pristine Laguna Blue SVX), if he'd be joining us at the 10th Anniversary meet. He said he'd love to, but he'll be previewing the release of the STX at that time. Then, he thought a moment, and said, they may even be previewing it in Lafayette. So, he may be there anyhoo. :) Maybe we can test drive an STX while we're there. :D

Seraph
07-28-2001, 12:54 PM
stx ah? ok... info at: http://www.subaru.com/STX/
Lwin

Ron Mummert
07-28-2001, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by svxxx26
So which category did you fall into, Tsu?

Thankfully, we are on top of one of those West Virginny hills, so the great flood of '02 won't get us!

:eek:

My '92's airbag light came on just as I beat a Mustang down a curvey West Virginny road & was rammed by '72 chevy pick-up truck that forced me off the road, & down into a ravine where the great flood of aught-two washed the remains into eastern Kentucky. A bearded gentleman was seen stripping the carcass for parts. The driver is resting uncomfortably in the bed of the pick-up truck beneath five beagles & two dead 'possums. Thanks for your concern. Tsu

LarryIII
07-30-2001, 06:32 AM
Hi Gang,

Just to let you know that I just signed-up #112 for this meet.

Ron,

I have considered the "drop-out rate" .
I expect between 75-90 cars to show up at the meet with approx. 120-160 people.
It is becoming "unmanageable"

I was thinking of having my SVX repainted in "Metalflake Taxicab Yellow" along with the appropriate black checkerboard detail lines; then adding a roof light and hood medallion; all for Randy's benefit. :D

LarryIII
08-03-2001, 07:56 AM
Hi Gang,

This is just to let everyone know that we now have 113 SVXers signed-up to come to this meet. ;)
If anyone is interested in coming please see the details in my locker, then send me an e-mail. :D

Larry :cool:

svxxx26
08-03-2001, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

My '92's airbag light came on just as I beat a Mustang down a curvey West Virginny road & was rammed by '72 chevy pick-up truck that forced me off the road, & down into a ravine where the great flood of aught-two washed the remains into eastern Kentucky. A bearded gentleman was seen stripping the carcass for parts. The driver is resting uncomfortably in the bed of the pick-up truck beneath five beagles & two dead 'possums. Thanks for your concern. Tsu

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just priceless:D :D :D

BTW, what is the name of your psychic? She's very good!

LarryIII
08-06-2001, 02:00 PM
Hi Gang,

This is just to let everyone know that we now have 113 SVXers signed-up to come to this meet. :p
If anyone is interested in coming please see the details in my locker, then send me an e-mail. :D

Larry :cool:
'97 Bordeaux Pearl (burgundy) LSi named "SUBYDOO"

LarryIII
08-06-2001, 02:10 PM
Hi Gang,

Sorry about that . My last msg. should read that there are now 114 SVXers signed-up not 113.
I guess I ran out of fingers, toes, and other things to count on. :confused:
Don't go there Randy, Eddy, etc. This is a family site.

Larry ouy, ouy, ouy

SVXphile
08-14-2001, 11:59 AM
<Go easy on the Makers' Mark, It's beginning to deaden those brain cells>

Maker's Mark? What happened to Wild Turkey? :confused:

....on second thought, perhaps I shouldn't ask that.;)

By the way, Larry of the 3 eyes, can we count on you and the Speaker of the House to attend Canaan Valley? I hear the Mountain State Bow Club will also be in attendance...:eek: (sound of twang'in banjos ofin the distance) Don

SvXit
08-14-2001, 02:35 PM
I am in contact with a guy who knows where the SVX PPG Pace Car is. He is going to talk to some folks at Subaru about having it at the 10th Anniversary Meet. Here's what he told me:... It would have to be shipped (not driven) to the event in Indiana...and that may be a sticking point for Subaru. But, with a year to work out the details, I think something can be arranged.

I have an idea: If they would allow it to be shipped, why don't we foot the bill? It cost me $810.00 to get my car shipped from Cali to Hawaii, which is by boat and 5K miles. Surely, it would cost much less to get the car shipped from Jersey (or wherever it is on "The Mainland") to Indiana and back again. And, as was stated before, we do have a year to make it happen. I'd personally cough up a c-note for shipping costs, maybe more in installments. To me, it really would be worth it to see this thing in person. And if, God willing, the SVX concept vehicle could somehow appear (I'm DEFINITELY not paying to have that puppy shipped from Japan to Indiana... see Hawaii shipping costs above:eek: ), that would truly be the icing on the cake.

What do you all think? It might cost $500 or so at the most for a roundtrip ticket. The catch? All who pay get to take a spin!:D

sk8ing19
08-14-2001, 04:20 PM
So do you have any one from Colorado?

If you could please send me some info at sk8ing19@hotmail.com

And while you are at it put me down as well.

Later,
Chris

nvrmore100
08-15-2001, 11:42 AM
But who knows if my car will live that long. :D

If so I'll drive with ya, oneofthefewproud, and someone else...can't remember who...are looking at starting a caravan (they are coming from Cali) and were possibly planning on picking me up along the way...maybe we can start a 5 SVX train down the interstate all the way there.

Ryan

LarryIII
08-15-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by nvrmore100
But who knows if my car will live that long. :D

If so I'll drive with ya, oneofthefewproud, and someone else...can't remember who...are looking at starting a caravan (they are coming from Cali) and were possibly planning on picking me up along the way...maybe we can start a 5 SVX train down the interstate all the way there.

Ryan

I thought that you wooul ride with VKYKAM, after all he is Canadian and you can drink Labatts or Molsen together, eh. :D

Larry III

nvrmore100
08-15-2001, 12:10 PM
Good old home grown beer!!! :D

I could totally go for a Kokanee, or maybe a Grasshopper right now too......mmmmmm.....

Isn't he from Ontario though? That is just a tad, heck its WAY to far east from where I will be starting from.

Maybe I can swing getting that SVX rally guy from BC to come join us.

How abooot that eh?

Ryan

LarryIII
08-15-2001, 12:26 PM
Oh foolish Me. I guess I am an ugly American. We think the world revolves around the US of A.
Ralph Gibbs is from western Canada, somewhere near Edmonton, I believe.
Another thing that I messed up; VKYKAM is a young lady; so I would not be confortable having you travel halfway across the country with her and 2 cases of brew. ;)
This is not meant to disparage your character, but I have never met you.

Larry III

eddycat2000
08-15-2001, 12:33 PM
VKYKAM is a young lady

You're joking right? No, really, you're joking aren't you? Man if you're telling a true story I would'a probably made a bigger butt of myself than normal when replying to one of her posts...you're just pullin' my finger right?

I better not tell my wife about this, her names Vicki, and she often prefers to be called Vick. VKYKAM, and VK as a signature...boy do I feel toopid.:rolleyes:

nvrmore100
08-15-2001, 12:45 PM
Do you have Ralph's email info? I'm from Calgary, so chances are I know where he is from anyways (if it's not Edmonton)....Red Deer maybe?

Heck who know's, by next year I might be living in Calgary again, so I might just drive with him. :)

Young lady you say huh....hmmm.....

Canadian beer and Canadian women have gotten me in all sorts of trouble...

It's funny, now that I've moved here to the US, I get it much less trouble....

Must be the low % beer. :D

Ryan

vkykam
08-15-2001, 04:54 PM
Dear oh Dear oh Dear oh Dear. (Shaking Head) :confused:

Larry, are you a little loaded up with one of the Canuck beer of ours?

The KY is my middle name initials. You HAVE my name from the e-mails I sent you. Last time I checked between my legs it was an OUTIE and not an INNIE. :D

AND, it's quite a large country up here in the great white north, ya know, eh?

I'm going to have to get them brothers from the Bronx to have a word with you to fix that grey matter of yours... :D

Don't worry Eddy, you're safe from your wife. You may not be safe from Larry, but you're safe from your wife. :D

For the record,

Victor K.Y. Kam
92 Pearl LSL, 165k

Oh foolish Me. I guess I am an ugly American. We think the world revolves around the US of A.
Ralph Gibbs is from western Canada, somewhere near Edmonton, I believe.
Another thing that I messed up; VKYKAM is a young lady; so I would not be confortable having you travel halfway across the country with her and 2 cases of brew. ;)
This is not meant to disparage your character, but I have never met you.

Larry III

eddycat2000
08-15-2001, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by vkykam
Dear oh Dear oh Dear oh Dear. (Shaking Head) :confused:

The KY is my middle name initials. You HAVE my name from the e-mails I sent you. Last time I checked between my legs it was an OUTIE and not an INNIE. :D

Don't worry Eddy, you're safe from your wife. You may not be safe from Larry, but you're safe from your wife. :D

For the record,

Victor K.Y. Kam
92 Pearl LSL, 165k

Thank you VICTOR! See Larry adled, adled, adled! Now while I'll admit there are some very inteligent women that grace us with their presence here, I just never got the feeling that you were one of them.

I'm thinking 'ol Larry adled, adled, adled finally found that bah he was looking for!:D And I'm not entirely sure if anyone is safe from Larry AAA if he doesn't know the difference between male and female after a couple of toddies!:D :D

nvrmore100
08-15-2001, 05:04 PM
I had read the exhaust thread where you said your gf was a potter.......so I said to myself...oh "she is one of those...." :D

Bad Larry, bad!

Ryan

nvrmore100
08-15-2001, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by vkykam
AND, it's quite a large country up here in the great white north, ya know, eh?

BTW where in Toronto are you from? I have a bunch of family in Scarborough...although it's been quite a while since I've been down that way. It's a DAMN long drive from Calgary to Toronto....ick to many 32hour rides in the crappy Tracer......

Ryan

vkykam
08-15-2001, 07:54 PM
Thornhill's where I'm from. Two blocks north of the Toronto border. So technically I'm not from Toronto, but close enough.

32 hour ride in Tracer? Ick. 32 hour ride in SVX? Dreamy...

This car begs for road trips, I tell ya.

VK

Originally posted by nvrmore100

BTW where in Toronto are you from? I have a bunch of family in Scarborough...although it's been quite a while since I've been down that way. It's a DAMN long drive from Calgary to Toronto....ick to many 32hour rides in the crappy Tracer......

Ryan

Chad
08-15-2001, 08:04 PM
I'll be coming over from Washington State. Thought about going through Montana on the way there (solo flight), but if I go through Colorado to partake in a caravan that would be cool.:cool:

LarryIII
08-16-2001, 06:10 AM
Victor,

First off, I appologize to you and everyone.
Boy, is my face red.
On the sign-up list for the 10th Anniv. Meet I have your first name written down as "Cecelia". Obviously, that is not correct.
Please send me an e-mail to clear up all your data.

Also would each of you , please check your information on the sign-up sheet. It's in my personal locker (or briefcase on Yahoo).
Please e-mail any corrections to me.
Thank you.

Larry III

larry.singer@dayzim.com

vkykam
08-16-2001, 07:34 AM
Shade of red is better than, say, a shade of yellow, which may cause a certain RWofJ to have an undesirable reaction. ;)

Undesirable to him only of course, whether it is desirable for the rest of you I'll leave it up to you guys/gals to decide.

VK

cocacola08
08-21-2001, 02:46 PM
Add an '87 Buick Grand National to the list of non-SVX autos showing up.

At least its somewhat rare, guess it has that in common with ours, My buddy wants to come and join us but doesn't want to be stuck in the back seat the whole weekend

Aredubjay
08-21-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by cocacola08
Add an '87 Buick Grand National to the list of non-SVX autos showing up.

At least its somewhat rare, guess it has that in common with ours, My buddy wants to come and join us but doesn't want to be stuck in the back seat the whole weekend

Just so's he doesn't ride in the middle of the pack. As much as I enjoyed meeting Shadowyng's parents, they kept splitting up the wonderful line of SVXes with their pickup truck. At least, he'll be driving his Citreon to the 10th Anniversary Meet. :D

cocacola08
08-22-2001, 09:07 AM
He's smarter than that.

He knows I'd kick him in the ding ding if he did!

Aredubjay
08-22-2001, 09:12 AM
He's smarter than that.

He knows I'd kick him in the ding ding if he did!

OUCH!!! :D

LarryIII
08-22-2001, 09:42 AM
Cocacola,

We are now at 115 SVXers signed up for this meet, though all will not be there in SVX's. If you add the Citroen SM + Buick GN; the count is 117. I have not included either on the "official list".

Larry III
Soon to be Larry iIi or Larry IiI (hopefully the fromer):D

cocacola08
08-22-2001, 09:48 AM
I am going to give the "flyer" to the guy I met last friday, he sounded quite interested when I was telling him about it. I also still need to introduce myself to the lady that lives just a couple of blocks from me, I also know of one near the car lot my father-in-law works at, I'll have to check and see if it's in the driveway so I can talk to them too

cocacola08
08-22-2001, 09:49 AM

Larry III
Soon to be Larry iIi or Larry IiI (hopefully the fromer):D

what's with the iIi/IiI?

LarryIII
08-30-2001, 12:16 PM
Hi Gang,

We are now at 116 SVXers signed-up for this meet.
I love it. :D

larry III:cool:

cocacola08
08-30-2001, 01:23 PM
Larry,

Have you heard if they are going to let us autocross in the parking lot, or are we going to all get put in the paddywagon when we do it anyway?

LarryIII
09-04-2001, 02:09 PM
Cocacola,

SIA won't let us autocross in their parking lot.
Sorry. :(

Larry III

LarryIII
09-04-2001, 02:11 PM
Hi Gang,

We are now up to 117 SVXers signed-up to attend this meet.

cocacola08
09-04-2001, 02:18 PM
Cocacola,

SIA won't let us autocross in their parking lot.
Sorry. :(

Larry III

Randy,

looks like we'll all be gettin shoved in the paddy wagon!!

Aredubjay
09-04-2001, 03:09 PM

Randy,

looks like we'll all be gettin shoved in the paddy wagon!!

Oh well. Anything for the cause, huh? I look good in stripes. :D:D:D

svxter
09-04-2001, 03:12 PM

what's with the iIi/IiI?

I dunno, Kev. Only thing I can make of it is, if you fold your index finger down to represent the lower case "i", then leave your middle finger extended to represent the upper case "I", then fold your ring finger for the second lower case "i", you get one well understood meaning out of it. I'm not sure what folding your middle finger down represents. Kinda hard to do, too. :)

LarryIII
09-09-2001, 07:36 AM
Kev, Svxter,

It has nothing to do with fingers. Look lower.

'Nuff said.

Larry III

cocacola08
09-09-2001, 07:09 PM
Kev, Svxter,

It has nothing to do with fingers. Look lower.

'Nuff said.

Larry III

Boy this is as HARD one to figure out.....

LarryIII
09-10-2001, 07:34 AM

Boy this is as HARD one to figure out.....

Kev,

No it's not. I'm just an old softy. :D

Larry III cool:

Aredubjay
09-10-2001, 09:04 AM

Kev,

Larry III cool:

Okay, folks. That'll be enough. I'm becoming nauseated. :(

cocacola08
09-10-2001, 09:17 AM

Larry III cool:

They have prescriptions for that now, you know!:D :D

LarryIII
09-10-2001, 02:57 PM
While I was woking on the design of a Merck pharm. plant in Puerto Rico, the Merck research team was trying to develope their version onf Pfizer's Viagra. Using Viagra requires requires physical stimulation. he Merck people solved that problem so all that was required was to pop the pill. They could not however, solve the timing isuue. It seems everybodys metabolic rate and medicinal rate is different. The early clinical trials produced some funny things. the drug affected some guys almost immediately. The average was about 20-30 min. Some men were affected about 2-3 hours after taking the drug and one guy got results a good 5 hours later. That could prove quite embarassing. Especially if you take it before you leave work to go home. and then the train breaks down, and you're stuck for 4 hours in a crowded subway car. "Oh, excuse me sir." :D

Aredubjay
09-10-2001, 03:12 PM
While I was woking on the design of a Merck pharm. plant in Puerto Rico, the Merck research team was trying to develope their version onf Pfizer's Viagra. Using Viagra requires requires physical stimulation. he Merck people solved that problem so all that was required was to pop the pill. They could not however, solve the timing isuue. It seems everybodys metabolic rate and medicinal rate is different. The early clinical trials produced some funny things. the drug affected some guys almost immediately. The average was about 20-30 min. Some men were affected about 2-3 hours after taking the drug and one guy got results a good 5 hours later. That could prove quite embarassing. Especially if you take it before you leave work to go home. and then the train breaks down, and you're stuck for 4 hours in a crowded subway car. "Oh, excuse me sir." :D

No problem. I ALWAYS carry duct tape. :D

cocacola08
09-10-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

No problem. I ALWAYS carry duct tape. :D

OUCH

svxter
09-10-2001, 06:16 PM
My, my, how DID we get from 10th anniversary meet to our present topic of discussion? Not that I'm opposed to pulling threads off topic, being as guilty of it anyone, probably. But it's always amazing, and amusing.

Viagra jokes, anyone? :D

cocacola08
09-10-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by svxter
My, my, how DID we get from 10th anniversary meet to our present topic of discussion? Not that I'm opposed to pulling threads off topic, being as guilty of it anyone, probably. But it's always amazing, and amusing.

Viagra jokes, anyone? :D

You might run into some STIFF opposition to getting that started.

wawazat??
09-16-2001, 06:16 PM
Larry,
Hate to get this thread back ON topic again:p, but I want to be there for the meet.

I'll email you the details shortly, but please sign me up! After the Michigan mini-meet yesterday, I have to go. There will be a three car caravan (at least) from Michigan.

Do we have any information yet on whether or not we can get onto the track in Indy? Also, do we know if SOA will allow the PPG Pace Car to join the party? My cousin owns a trucking company in Indianapolis and I could quite easily get a good, solid price for the trucking.

Thanks,
Todd

LarryIII
10-03-2001, 12:13 PM
Hi All,

#119 just signed-up.

I LOVE IT !!!! :D

Larry iII
PS: Wayne (one of few proud) ,
First, go to e-Bay & check out the US Marine T-shirt.
Then, please let me know if you think there should be more on the list.

cocacola08
10-03-2001, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by wawazat??
Larry,
Hate to get this thread back ON topic again:p, but I want to be there for the meet.

Thanks,
Todd

WAWA,
If you'll be heading thru Fort Wayne, maybe we could join up on the way down there.

cocacola08
10-03-2001, 12:21 PM
If we hit 142 that'll be 1% of the total # shipped here!

I'd like to see 1% of all the mustangs, camaros, vettes. etc. try to manage to all meet together

oneothefewproud
10-03-2001, 12:33 PM
Larry,

Sorry I didnt see this post sooner. Yes I know the story and I like it. Where the last part says and after God created the heavens and the earth blah blah blah. And on the seventh day when God rested. We stole the Earth. It is a reference to the EGA (Eagle , Globe & Anchor). If anyone wants the whole story I can write it up or find a copy of it somewhere.

I would think that there should be more USMC stuff out there.

Thanx Larry
Wayne

LarryIII
10-03-2001, 01:38 PM

WAWA,
If you'll be heading thru Fort Wayne, maybe we could join up on the way down there.

Cocacola (Kevin),

As of right now, you are NOT signed-up for the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet. Go to my personal locker (briefcase) and read the instruction sheet to sign-up. Please send me an e-mail with all your particulars if you do want to sign-up. You cluld be number 120.

Larry III
PS: Did I mention the List Incentive Program (LIP) ?

cocacola08
10-03-2001, 02:04 PM

Cocacola (Kevin),
As of right now, you are NOT signed-up for the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet. Go to my personal locker (briefcase) and read the instruction sheet to sign-up. Please send me an e-mail with all your particulars if you do want to sign-up. You cluld be number 120.
Larry III
PS: Did I mention the List Incentive Program (LIP) ?

Larry,

Umm....check out entry #49 (line 50 of your spreadsheet)
I've been signed up for a long, long time

I think that's twice now, you've said I'm not on that list!:D

cocacola08
10-03-2001, 02:07 PM
P.S.

Larry,
If you'd like you can add my wife (Christy) on with my name. She will be going with me, as well as a buddy of mine (with the grand national) I think I sent you an email, or P.M. about that.

wawazat??
10-03-2001, 02:32 PM
Kev,
I'd like the looks of that. Right now Mr. Pockets and I will be heading down from MI and can schedule a rendevous point along I-69 on our way down. Based on one of Nick's (Mr. Pockets) posts re:Autofest, I propose he lead as he apparently has a VERY heavy foot!

Regards,
Todd

cocacola08
10-03-2001, 02:39 PM
Kev,
I'd like the looks of that. Right now Mr. Pockets and I will be heading down from MI and can schedule a rendevous point along I-69 on our way down. Based on one of Nick's (Mr. Pockets) posts re:Autofest, I propose he lead as he apparently has a VERY heavy foot!

Regards,
Todd

Great that's just what I don't need!!!! With my driving record it's suprising it's even legal that I still drive. No incedents in nearly 3 years though...knock-on-wood..knock-on-wood..knock-on-wood

But that sounds good to me!

Aredubjay
10-03-2001, 03:41 PM

Great that's just what I don't need!!!! With my driving record it's suprising it's even legal that I still drive. No incedents in nearly 3 years though...knock-on-wood..knock-on-wood..knock-on-wood

But that sounds good to me!

I plan on making a small shadow box with my "Drive so Fast You'll Get so Many TIckets You'll Lose Your License" Subaru SVX ad, and mounting all my tickets and warnings around it. In my years of driving preceding the SVX (28), I'd gotten two warnings and two tickets. In the TWO years I've driven the SVX, I've gotten two warnings and two tickets. This ain't looking good. :D

LarryIII
10-04-2001, 06:13 AM

Larry,

Umm....check out entry #49 (line 50 of your spreadsheet)
I've been signed up for a long, long time

I think that's twice now, you've said I'm not on that list!:D

You are sooooooooooo right! I appologize!!!

You are #49 on the list and you may be eligible for a really good prize under the LIP (List Incentive Program).

I must be flakin' out !!!

It's either a reoccurrence of a bad drug episode from the 60's or it's all these beautiful models walking around DuPont in Lycra l (DuPont's trade name for spandex) lingerie for the photo shoots.
For some reason I can't seem to keep my mind on my work.
Or maybe the Viagra, Prozac, and scotch dont mix too well.

Larry iIi :confused:

LarryIII
10-04-2001, 07:38 AM
Hi Gang,

I've just updated the sign-up list for this meet and placed the latest version in my briefcase, oops, I mean personal locker.
Would everyone please, please, please, take a few moments to check out their personal information and e-mail me if anything is incorrect or missing.
Thanks.

Larry III

LarryIII
10-04-2001, 08:14 AM
Hi Gang,

We are now up to 120 SVXers signed-up for this meet.
Join now; avoid the spring rush. See the instructions in my personal locker. :D

cocacola08
10-04-2001, 10:14 AM
It's either a reoccurrence of a bad drug episode from the 60's

I believe they're called flashbacks.. I can't remember much I'm too busy staring at my lava lamp.

or it's all these beautiful models walking around DuPont in Lycra l (DuPont's trade name for spandex) lingerie for the photo shoots.
That has got to be making for a rough day @ work.

I think you had told me once back on the Wahoo site that I wasn't on the list too:D

wawazat??
10-05-2001, 07:29 PM
Larry or Aredub,
Can either of you tell me who is organizing or working on a couple of things for the 10th anniversary meet? Specifically I am interested in:

1) Indianapolis track lap
2) PPG Pace car to be at meet

I finally got ours back after a couple of stays in the body shop and the dealership and I'm anxious to do my part. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Todd

cocacola08
10-09-2001, 08:59 PM

If the brickyard deal falls through or we don't hear anything let's check into an SVX day @ the IRP 1/4mi strip...

Think there'll ever be a 4 second 300mph+ Subaru?

LarryIII
10-16-2001, 07:54 AM
Hi, All You SVXers Out There,

I just thought I'd let you know that we now have 122 SVXers signed-up for this meet.

This brings joy to my heart. :D

PS: Halloween is coming. So take your SVX out, "Trick or Treating". Don't forget to dress up your car. I'm making mine look like a Lincoln Navigator (an Aztek would be easier, but I woudn't do that to Subydoo). All you need are very large cardboard boxes, some cans of spray paint, magic markers, duct tape, and a good utility knife. Last year "Subydoo" was dressed as a silver PT Cruiser. I found that silver works best because of the duct tape. But hey, some of you (like certain Kentucky ex-DJ's) might like lemon yellow better.
;)

1994SubaruSVX
10-18-2001, 02:09 PM
you along with randy have officially lost your minds. :D

Aredubjay
10-18-2001, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX

And . . . your point is . . . .? :D

smoke_svx
10-18-2001, 05:57 PM
I don't have those nifty programs that read WORD and EXCEL documents. :( what can I do? Should I go buy a copy of office to be able to sign up.. :) j/k

also, what sponsors do you have? and is this a sponsored event?

I would also like to know if it would be ok to bring out any other Subaru owners? (other than SVX)

smoke_svx
The BMW Yellow SVX That Aredubjay Just Loves :D

svxter
10-19-2001, 09:15 AM

And that qualifies as news somehow? :confused:

1994SubaruSVX
10-19-2001, 03:36 PM
that you are certifiably fruity! just thought it should be me this time. :D

Aredubjay
10-21-2001, 11:24 PM
that you are certifiably fruity! just thought it should be me this time. :D

Now, wait . . . I say . . . wait just a minute there, son. I don't know what the definition of "fruity" is in YOUR neck of the woods, but, up here in Kaintuck, them COULD be considered fightin' words. :D:D:D

wawazat??
10-22-2001, 07:58 AM
Aredub,
Please see my post in the Tech Q&A section under SVXCH's post on headlight cleaning:D

John19688
10-22-2001, 09:23 AM
Can you tell me who is organizing or working on the following things for the 10th anniversary meet?

Todd

Todd,

I am working on both of those. Here's the status:

I left 5 messages (both e-mail and voicemail) over a three-month period with the staff person at Indy who is supposed to coordinate the track laps. I never received a response of any kind. I finally called a main Indy number and refused to be forward to that person and wanted an answer from someone else. The answer I got was, "The Indianapolis Motor Speedway no longer allows track laps."

I'm not sure if this position is from terrorist fear, liability fear, or if they were just irked that I wouldn't speak to the person they wanted to forward me to. So I'm going to try back in a month or two and ask again.

You are welcome to make your own attempts at getting a track lap. Please let me know how they turn out.

2) PPG Pace car at the meet

Here's the latest from Rory who actually has seen the PPG pace car, taken a ride in it, and knows folks at Subaru who can make it happen...

"nothing yet... i'm still trying to talk to the right
people. SOA and SIA are'nt the same company, so the
major problem is how to ship the car out there and who
will pay for that and also they need a professional
driver to run it. I'm still prying at them."

Rory is definitely THE person who will make this happen if it can be made to happen.

wawazat??
10-22-2001, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the update. I'd like to help out anyway that I can. I also have a cousin in the trucking business based in Indy and can get a quote on shipping the car from Cherry Hill to Indianapolis (or Lafayette) if we'd like to get a realistic price.

Todd

SVXphile
10-28-2001, 06:49 PM
Todd/John,
I have family in Indianapolis, with some very old connections with a few former powers-that-be. I will make a call and see what can get started "behind the scenes" so-to-speak. That would be TOO COOL not to try every angle to make it happen.

Is anyone related to Tony George? Jim Nabors? Do we have a silent member of the club who has direct connections to the IRL or government in Indiana? The Purdue Marching Band? HELP!!!!!!:D Don

SVXphile
10-28-2001, 08:30 PM
Just got off the phone with my sister up in Indy, and she said she would make a few calls for me. I asked her also to check with the largest Subaru dealer up there, and forward me their phone number. I could give them a call and see if they would be interested in sponsering the Indy leg of the trip. Perhaps THEY could pull some strings for a lap at the Speedway. If the oval track is out, then maybe the infield part of the Grand Prix course or maybe pit lane or Gasoline Alley? Maybe an after-hours shot with all the cars in front of the Museum? I'm sure SOMETHING can be worked out...Larry, what do you think?:confused:
Don

Ron Mummert
10-28-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SVXphile
Todd/John,
I have family in Indianapolis, with some very old connections with a few former powers-that-be. I will make a call and see what can get started "behind the scenes" so-to-speak. That would be TOO COOL not to try every angle to make it happen.

Is anyone related to Tony George? Jim Nabors? Do we have a silent member of the club who has direct connections to the IRL or government in Indiana? The Purdue Marching Band? HELP!!!!!!:D Don

If at least 100 members make this trip & each contributes ten bucks, we should be able to ship that baby inside of a HumVee stretch limo.
I pledge my 10 bucks right now.
Ron.

wawazat??
11-03-2001, 12:22 AM
if anyone other than Cocacola08 and I have ever been in Indiana in the summertime? In a large asphalt covered parking lot. In July. Without a tree to be found. Do you think it'll be hot?

I drove by the plant when I lived in Indianapolis in the mid-90's and remember a huge plant on a flat barren plot of earth. It reminded me of THE REST OF THE ENTIRE STATE! With the exception of Evansville where there are trees and some geologicla features that the rest of the country calls hills, but which suffers from excessive humidity about 364 days a year. Sorry for that momentary loss of control, just bad Indy flashbacks.
No offense directed at the residents of the state nor those who enjoy such barren wastelands of.... D-OH slipped again.

I'll stop now

LarryIII
11-05-2001, 10:48 AM
Hi gang,

I just updated the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet and put it in my personal locker. Will everyone please check their info.? Send me an e-mail with corrections as needed.
I've got to go now. I have to do the same thing on the Yahoo SVX Club site.

Thanks

Larry III

Ron Mummert
11-05-2001, 11:26 AM
Hi gang,

I just updated the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet and put it in my personal locker. Will everyone please check their info.? Send me an e-mail with corrections as needed.
I've got to go now. I have to do the same thing on the Yahoo SVX Club site.

Thanks

Larry III

Larry, did you eliminate the dropouts on the list? I saw some names (e.g. Lissners) that have sold their cars. Or maybe I'm looking at the old list.
Ron.

Aredubjay
11-05-2001, 11:44 AM
if anyone other than Cocacola08 and I have ever been in Indiana in the summertime? In a large asphalt covered parking lot. In July. Without a tree to be found. Do you think it'll be hot?

I drove by the plant when I lived in Indianapolis in the mid-90's and remember a huge plant on a flat barren plot of earth. It reminded me of THE REST OF THE ENTIRE STATE! With the exception of Evansville where there are trees and some geologicla features that the rest of the country calls hills, but which suffers from excessive humidity about 364 days a year. Sorry for that momentary loss of control, just bad Indy flashbacks.
No offense directed at the residents of the state nor those who enjoy such barren wastelands of.... D-OH slipped again.

I'll stop now

I've been in Indiana the last eight summers. :) I work in Evansville.

cocacola08
11-05-2001, 12:02 PM
Maybe we can get SIA to get one of those giant air contioned tents to put up. We could have punch and pie there.

cocacola08
11-05-2001, 12:04 PM
has anyone else come up with any driving plans at all? I'm slowly coming up w/a little something---while my bossES are gone for the week

1994SubaruSVX
11-05-2001, 12:28 PM
start making some firm plans. there is no way in hell that i miss this meet. :D

cocacola08
11-05-2001, 01:27 PM
I was talking about a driving tour route once we get there.

wawazat??
11-05-2001, 05:26 PM
Just got off the phone with my sister up in Indy, and she said she would make a few calls for me. I asked her also to check with the largest Subaru dealer up there, and forward me their phone number. I could give them a call and see if they would be interested in sponsering the Indy leg of the trip. Perhaps THEY could pull some strings for a lap at the Speedway. If the oval track is out, then maybe the infield part of the Grand Prix course or maybe pit lane or Gasoline Alley? Maybe an after-hours shot with all the cars in front of the Museum? I'm sure SOMETHING can be worked out...Larry, what do you think?:confused:
Don

I just spoke with Andy Thimlar of Speedway Subaru/VW/Mazda (317)263-0002 (located about 2 miles from the track) about the possibility of photos/laps of the track. He tells me that the Miata Club had 300 members ON the track for a photo shoot about 8 years ago and he will get me the club presidents name and phone number for suggestions as to how we can go about this as well.
They also have a new $3,000,000 dealership which can accomodate a number of us for a GTG or photo op if we'd like.

The museum parking lot is not all that large from what I recall.

SVXphile
11-05-2001, 05:35 PM
<I just spoke with Andy Thimlar of Speedway Subaru/VW/Mazda>

You beat me to it Todd! Got off the phone last night with my sister in Indy, and she recommended that I contact....yep, Speedway Subaru, and see if they might sponser us! I will be in Indy for Thanksgiving, perhaps I can stop by for an "eyeball" as we ham operators call it, and add a bit to your phone call. Keep me informed as to what you want me to do!:) Don

<The museum parking lot is not all that large from what I recall>
True....but what about the pits, Gasoline Alley, or the Grand Prix course?

LarryIII
11-08-2001, 11:13 AM
Hi gang,

I just posted the motel lists for this SVX meet. There are motels in Lafayette and West Lafayette. When making reservations for all but the Radisson, you should tell the motel that you are attending functions at SIA for Subaru to get the "Special SIA Rate".

I want to make the Radisson the main motel. It is closest to the plant and they have meeting rooms and banquet facilities large enough for the planned dinner. Do not make reservations yet at the Radisson. I'm trying to negotiate a better than SIA price. So please hold off on making reservations.

Thanks

Larry III

SVXphile
11-13-2001, 05:16 PM
<I've been in Indiana the last eight summers. I work in Evansville.>

You wouldn't happen to know a Mike Reinaga (sp) from there would you?
Don

Aredubjay
11-14-2001, 03:59 PM
<I've been in Indiana the last eight summers. I work in Evansville.>

You wouldn't happen to know a Mike Reinaga (sp) from there would you?
Don

His name doesn't ring a bell. What does he do?

1994SubaruSVX
11-14-2001, 04:34 PM
to really be able to take a lap around indy. just thinking about it gets my adrenaline flowing. jesus, knowing my luck she will be in the shop........ :mad:

SVXphile
11-14-2001, 04:54 PM
I have no idea. I last saw him about 20 years ago. He is a ham radio operator. We were roommates for a short time in Iceland, and he got me off my buns to get my General Class ham license. Are you familiar with a store called the Ham Outlet? He used to visit there on occasions. Don

Ron Mummert
11-14-2001, 06:33 PM
I have no idea. I last saw him about 20 years ago. He is a ham radio operator. We were roommates for a short time in Iceland, and he got me off my buns to get my General Class ham license. Are you familiar with a store called the Ham Outlet? He used to visit there on occasions. Don

Don - I think that store went belly-up. It's now called Heavenly Ham.
You're welcome, Ron.

Aredubjay
11-14-2001, 07:09 PM

Nope, not familiar, but then, I only *work* in Evansville. I'm kind of a "man without a country" work in Evansville, Live in Owensboro. Havn't kept up with people in Owensboro and haven't really bothered to make new acquaintences in Evansville. I could look in the phone book if you'd like to get in touch with him for old time's sake. Which, incidentally, Shari and I called the fellow who introduced us last night while tucked away in our "love nest." We wanted to thank him for introducing us -- we were celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss yesterday. :D

wawazat??
11-14-2001, 07:33 PM
<I just spoke with Andy Thimlar of Speedway Subaru/VW/Mazda>

You beat me to it Todd! Got off the phone last night with my sister in Indy, and she recommended that I contact....yep, Speedway Subaru, and see if they might sponser us! I will be in Indy for Thanksgiving, perhaps I can stop by for an "eyeball" as we ham operators call it, and add a bit to your phone call. Keep me informed as to what you want me to do!:) Don

<The museum parking lot is not all that large from what I recall>
True....but what about the pits, Gasoline Alley, or the Grand Prix course?

I just got off the phone with the VP of the Indy Miata Club and he is going to do some digging and get us some contacts to get us onto the track. He cautioned me that they have been very reluctant to let vehicles drive on the track but didn't believe we would have too much difficulty getting on the track for a group photo opportunity. Once I have any details, I'll post 'em here.

Don, enjoy Indy at Thanksgiving. Speedway is in (appropriately enough) Speedway, IN and Tom Wood is in Carmel at the top of the I-465 loop

cocacola08
11-15-2001, 09:27 AM

Nope, not familiar, but then, I only *work* in Evansville. I'm kind of a "man without a country" work in Evansville, Live in Owensboro. Havn't kept up with people in Owensboro and haven't really bothered to make new acquaintences in Evansville. I could look in the phone book if you'd like to get in touch with him for old time's sake. Which, incidentally, Shari and I called the fellow who introduced us last night while tucked away in our "love nest." We wanted to thank him for introducing us -- we were celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss yesterday. :D

Randy congrats on your Anniversary.

LarryIII
11-15-2001, 09:50 AM
Hi Gang,

We are now at 124 SVXers signed-up for the (dare I say it) BIG 10th Anniv. SVX Meet.

Would someone like to be #125?

We still have some states that are not represented. I want at least one SVX from each state. If they can drive here from western Canada, if they can fly in from Jolly Ole' England (which swings like a pendalum do); than surely we can drive from the lower 48!! Do I have to name names people! You know who you are. Let's get on the ball you southern states.

Larry III :p
PS (What, you didn't expect this PS!!!)
Did I mention the List Incentive Program (LIP)?

cocacola08
11-15-2001, 09:54 AM
I'm still working on a tentative tour route,

It's slow going. Once i find out a path or two, I plan on going down some saturday and test the trip, or at least send the list to some of the members in Lafayette, and have one of them let me know what they think.

huck369
11-15-2001, 10:52 AM
Don't know if I'm on the list yet, but barring problems plan on bringing the 5-Speed up.:cool:

1994SubaruSVX
11-15-2001, 11:55 AM
i dont think there are really too many svx's down south.....:(

some in florida, couple in TN, KY.......TX.......that is all i know of...:confused:

cocacola08
11-15-2001, 12:39 PM
Actually, give me about a week I'll be able to answer that question.

Last week I began the task of putting a spreadsheet together, with all of our members that shows:

-- Handle
-- City
-- State (or country)
-- Date joined--might get removed, you can see this on the site's member list
-- Year of car
-- Color
-- Trim level

All info is based on info in your member profiles.
I've been going in alphatbetical order by handle. I'm currently up to rallycr

I'll post the sheet in my locker upon completion.

I'll start a new thread noting that i've done that. So everyone can check and make sure their info is correct. SInce it's turned into a bigger PITA than expected, send me a PM if your info is not correct and I will only update it, otherwise the only updates will be new members added to it

1994SubaruSVX
11-15-2001, 03:02 PM
good work kev.

right now we are not organized at all. i am glad you have taken it upon yourself to give us a starting point. i would be more than happy to play robin to your batman. just let me know how i can help.

WestCoastSVX
11-15-2001, 03:40 PM
Finally a list with all the members locations on it w/o having to bring up each profile individually! So we can find all the locals and email them about meets, etc. Of course there is a lot of people out there with pretty skimpy profiles, not listing location among other things... But for those that do this is great! Thanks!

SVXphile
11-15-2001, 05:38 PM
<Randy congrats on your Anniversary>

ah....Randy congrats on your Anniversary!:rolleyes: Don and Jean

Aredubjay
11-15-2001, 05:41 PM
Thank you Kev and thank you Don for the Congrats!

Kev, you da man! The database will be a much needed tool.

nubs
11-15-2001, 07:13 PM
Hey Larry I would like to be added to the list for the meet. I sent you a message also.

cocacola08
11-15-2001, 07:30 PM
nubsjr

I like your avatar.

cocacola08
11-15-2001, 08:44 PM
Thank you Kev and thank you Don for the Congrats!

Kev, you da man! The database will be a much needed tool.

Welll now I'm really pissed.

When I started working on it tonight, I had about 150 entries left to go, I had about half of that done, and the friggin thing got an "unhandled exception error, the program will now close."

So I lost all that, and want to throw this computer out the dang window.

Aredubjay
11-15-2001, 08:48 PM
and want to throw this computer out the dang window.

Ah, yes. I feel like that at least a dozen times a week. You still da man, Kev.

1994SubaruSVX
11-16-2001, 02:00 PM
we have got to organize a meet down here. do you realize the smokey mountain meet is basically they only meet we have ever had in the south. what is really awful is that i was unable to even attend. :mad:

strut and spring problems, it is ok now thanks to koni and gc. :D

LarryIII
11-17-2001, 06:45 PM
***** DRUM ROLL ******

Hi Gang,

Just to let you all know that we now have 128 SVXers signed-up for this meet.

Thanks one and all.

Larry III

Ron Mummert
11-17-2001, 09:36 PM
***** DRUM ROLL ******

Hi Gang,

Just to let you all know that we now have 128 SVXers signed-up for this meet.

But will they all have their SVXes by July? We'd better keep track of those forced to sell or, dare I say it, "part out".
Ron.

Thanks one and all.

Larry III

LarryIII
11-18-2001, 09:26 AM
Ron,

Don't worry. If your XSV dies, you can always come in your Yugo.

Larry III

Aredubjay
11-18-2001, 11:58 AM
XSV? Lisdexia really sucks, don't it? :D

LarryIII
11-18-2001, 06:47 PM
Randy,

It's a good thing that you spelled "sucks" correctly.
I spelled SVX incorrectly on "porpoise" to bug Ron. :D

Aredubjay
11-18-2001, 11:04 PM
Randy,

It's a good thing that you spelled "sucks" correctly.
I spelled SVX incorrectly on "porpoise" to bug Ron. :D

Whale thin, eye downt wunna sperl yur phun. Speel awhey! :D

cocacola08
11-19-2001, 09:07 AM
Just to let you know I had to push back work on the list.

Had a death in the family so I dind't work on it at all over the weekend.

Aredubjay
11-19-2001, 09:10 AM
Just to let you know I had to push back work on the list.

Had a death in the family so I dind't work on it at all over the weekend.

Kev,
Please accept my sympathies for your loss.

Thank you for taking the time on the list. It's "above and beyond."

LarryIII
11-19-2001, 10:01 AM
Kevin,

Please accept my condolences on your loss.

Larry

cocacola08
11-19-2001, 02:10 PM
"Our loved ones are not lost, as long as we have memories of them," My grandmother.

wawazat??
11-19-2001, 08:28 PM
Kevin, sorry for your loss.

SVXphile
11-19-2001, 09:50 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Kev.....Don and Jean

LarryIII
11-21-2001, 07:12 AM
Hi Gang,

At Thanksgiving time, I would like to thank all who have already signed-up to come to this meet and ask that more do so soon.

I would also like to give thanks for the following:

I received word early this week that RAC has agreed to bring one of the prototype test mules (they think it will be #2) of the incredible SVX M-car to the meet. This could be the basis for any future SVX. They also said that they will give a demo drive with this vehicle. They informed me that they are still negotiating with FHI and FHI/SOA must give final approval for this to happen. RAC does not know where General Motors fits into this equation, but they are sure that GM will have a say in this. I spoke with Joe Lukens and Andy Snyder. If the car comes to the meet they will trailer it there, give a short demo drive, answer questions, and trailer it back to RAC. There will be no renderings, tech hand-outs and NO PHOTOS allowed. This is a prototype tester. Tester #2 is a black car. It is based on a '95 SVX and looks like a '95 SVX. This car has the photo-voltaic panels on the roof and trunk lid. The M-pods were not integrated into the wheel wells for this car, so the bottom side styling is choppy. Andy told me that no decision has been made re production. He said that if the go-ahead was given today, a car would still be 5-7 years away and nobody yet knows what kind of car will employ this drive system. Andy did say that all 4 M-pods are powered so essentially this test mule is AWD.

SOME WORDS OF CAUTION:
1.) This project is still pretty hush, hush. So don't discuss it on the internet.
2.) SOA is still pretty touchy about the original SVX financial fiasco and its market failure . So, if this test mule does come to this meet, please, please, please, say only nice things about it. Don't say anything that could even be remotely construed as derogatory about it. FHI/SOA and maybe GM will be listening.

Thanks Gang.

Aredubjay
11-21-2001, 09:35 AM
SOME WORDS OF CAUTION:
1.) This project is still pretty hush, hush. So don't discuss it on the internet.

Um . . . uh . . . hmmmmm . . . oh, never mind.

mudfoot76
11-30-2001, 12:32 PM
Hey Gang!

I just spoke with Dick Diaso at Putnam Park Raceway (on the outskirts of Indy) about the possiblity of getting track time at his facility. Next July, there is currently an open day on Monday the 22nd (Porsche has 19th-21st reserved already). We can have the entire place to ourselves for the day at a bargain basement price of only $5,000, assuming that we, as a club, have our own insurance for doing such things. Since I'm new to this forum, I don't know anything about that.

Dick says that no experience or instructors are necessary, but there would be a brief 'introductory' session for people with performance driving experience who would serve as shepards to groups of 15-20 on the track at a time. If anyone has a racing certification from another organization, that counts as being experienced. Also, all drivers would need helmets (Bell 90 or higher). You can reach the Putnam Park office at (317) 852-7007. I also mentioned that we were trying to get onto the Brickyard, and he says that it is not worth the time/effort. We would be allowed to do a parade lap, not exceeding 30mph, if we could even get on at all. When the Viper was pace car for the 500 a few years ago, the Viper Club did a parade lap and there were police out giving fines to anyone who violated the rules.

I tried also to contact Indianapolis Raceway Park, located just west of the city. However their business offices are not open on Fridays. IRP can be contacted at (317) 291-4090.

Thinking about scenic driving routes, there really isn't anything near Lafayette. You would need to go farther south in the state before encountering anything remotely interesting. For example, Hwy 46 running east from Bloomington to Nashville, IN is a picturesque 2-lane with lots of curves and hills. A lot of SVX fun to be had, I know from experience. The problem is that Bloomington is about two hours away from Lafayette. Parke County, in western IN, is reportedly the "Covered Bridge Capital of the World". Might be neat to drive through the bridges, but I don't think the land is much but flat farming country.

Just my two cents :)

Aredubjay
11-30-2001, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mudfoot76
Hey Gang!

I just spoke with Dick Diaso at Putnam Park Raceway (on the outskirts of Indy) about the possiblity of getting track time at his facility. Next July, there is currently an open day on Monday the 22nd (Porsche has 19th-21st reserved already). We can have the entire place to ourselves for the day at a bargain basement price of only $5,000, assuming that we, as a club, have our own insurance for doing such things. Since I'm new to this forum, I don't know anything about that.

Dick says that no experience or instructors are necessary, but there would be a brief 'introductory' session for people with performance driving experience who would serve as shepards to groups of 15-20 on the track at a time. If anyone has a racing certification from another organization, that counts as being experienced. Also, all drivers would need helmets (Bell 90 or higher). You can reach the Putnam Park office at (317) 852-7007. I also mentioned that we were trying to get onto the Brickyard, and he says that it is not worth the time/effort. We would be allowed to do a parade lap, not exceeding 30mph, if we could even get on at all. When the Viper was pace car for the 500 a few years ago, the Viper Club did a parade lap and there were police out giving fines to anyone who violated the rules.

I tried also to contact Indianapolis Raceway Park, located just west of the city. However their business offices are not open on Fridays. IRP can be contacted at (317) 291-4090.

Thinking about scenic driving routes, there really isn't anything near Lafayette. You would need to go farther south in the state before encountering anything remotely interesting. For example, Hwy 46 running east from Bloomington to Nashville, IN is a picturesque 2-lane with lots of curves and hills. A lot of SVX fun to be had, I know from experience. The problem is that Bloomington is about two hours away from Lafayette. Parke County, in western IN, is reportedly the "Covered Bridge Capital of the World". Might be neat to drive through the bridges, but I don't think the land is much but flat farming country.

Mudfoot76! Welcome to the wild wild world of "The Network." That's a heckuva first post! Keep it up. :D

Unfortunately, we're only an "Internet Entity" and therefore do not have insurance . . . yet. We're just now exploring (in ernest) the fomalization of the club. Maybe we'll have insurance by then, who knows. But, again, thanks for the heads up.

You're right about the bridge tour. Pretty flat. Plus, I don't know if some of the bridges could take a steady stream of nearly 4,000 lb autos going over them. :D Thing is, from my experience, once everybody gets to visiting, nobody wants to go anywhere anyway, so, probably, a tour *may* not even be necessary. :D

seasvx
12-01-2001, 10:46 AM
Found while car surfing:

http://www.carshownews.com/imports/imports.htm

For what it's worth, this looks like it might be a good place to list the 10th Anniversay Meet.

Jim
'94 Ebony Black LSi
Seattle

SVXphile
12-01-2001, 08:48 PM
<http://www.carshownews.com/imports/imports.htm >

Wow, thanks for posting that site! I know where I will be over the 4th; checking out the Morgans over the mountains in Staunton, Va. Cool!:cool: Don

(I have this LUST for someday owning a Morgan...:D )

Ron Mummert
12-01-2001, 09:37 PM
<http://www.carshownews.com/imports/imports.htm >

Wow, thanks for posting that site! I know where I will be over the 4th; checking out the Morgans over the mountains in Staunton, Va. Cool!:cool: Don

(I have this LUST for someday owning a Morgan...:D )

Hey, Don. I have a Morgan. Yeeaah... Morgan Fairchild, my long time compan.. uh...lover. Yes, & her favorite thing in life is lust. So.. maybe I can arrange for you a clandestined, very discreet "meeting" with her.
Please send me $100.00, as an "arrangement" fee. This fee INCLUDES "handling", heh-heh.
Oh, for a additional $200.00, I'll be sure Jean doesn't catch wind of this uh... arrangement. Yeah, that's the ticket!
Velvet Ron.

SVXphile
12-02-2001, 06:34 PM
< Morgan Fairchild, my long time compan.. uh...lover. Yes, & her favorite thing in life is lust.>

Ahhh Ron....I was refering to the Morgan that has a leather bonnet strap, not the one from Tony's House of Pleasure that has an air valve in the....well...SOMEWHERE! :D Don

Ron Mummert
12-02-2001, 06:48 PM
Ahhh Ron....I was refering to the Morgan that has a leather bonnet strap, not the one from Tony's House of Pleasure that has an air valve in the....well...SOMEWHERE! :D Don [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm...A blow-up lady companion with a leather bonnet?
I had no idea the Amish were into such perversions.
Uh.. Where's Tony's?
Ron.

wasions
12-02-2001, 10:25 PM
Hey Gang!

Actually, Putnam is rather off the path anyway, and the drive between Lafayette and Putnam is, well, dull. So Bloomington Boy, how about using part of the 'Hilly Hundred' route? But again, there's the 'getting there'.:rolleyes:

Hey, what happened to that Subie QC guy that used to hang around here? He had a track.:D

Steve

mudfoot76
12-03-2001, 12:47 PM
I had a brief conversation with someone from IRP this afternoon. It appears the facility is available on Monday the 22nd. He didn't have pricing info for me, but said costs breakdown on what we would want to do. IRP has a road course, banked oval, and 1/4 mile drag strip. Also, does anyone have an estimation on how many people would commit to an event at IRP? Number of attendees has something to do with how many extra groundskeepers, port-a-johns, concessions, etc that need to be on site. The person in charge of scheduling (Tracy?) is supposed to call me back tomorrow.

The Hilly Hundred route? That would be fun, but yes, we'd have to get there. And in that case, getting there would NOT be half the fun.

One thing it appears I forgot to mention about Putnam Park is that Subaru rents the place out for a day every year to give dealers a chance to drive all the new models in a somewhat controlled environment. Does anyone have contacts at SOA who might be able to arrange something for us??

Geoff

mudfoot76
12-04-2001, 11:20 AM
Tracy from IRP just called me, and here is the lowdown....

The Germans have totally taken over IRP during our meet times. Porsche has the track from July 18-21, and Mercedes-Benz just reserved it from 22-26th. So no luck. However, she was very amicable and wanted to try and book us for a different date. I gave a brief explanation of the 10th anniv meet and what we were wanting to do. For future reference, maybe for the 11th anniv meet :) here are the costs to use the IRP facilities.

Road course--
8 hour session, including fire/medical personnel and track preperation
$2250

4 hours with everything is $1250. Club insurance is required, so are helmets. Factory installed seatbelts are sufficient.

1/4 mile drag strip--
8 hour session, fire, medical, and track prep
$2000

4 hours is $1000. Same restrictions with insurance and helmets.

To reserve a time, within 10 days of the initial booking IRP must receive a $100 deposit. That will lock in any date(s) requested. If we get really serious about this as a club, we can schedule driving lessons. IRP has a special relationship with the SCCA. Inquiries about instruction should be directed to John Best of the SCCA (317/252-1067, pager that he will respond to) in case we, as a club, do not have our own driving instructors.

I could swear I once read that at the SIA plant, there will be an autocross track set up on one of their tarmacs. Is that true? I just had new bearings installed courtesy of Subaru, so bring it on!! :cool:

Aredubjay
12-04-2001, 12:07 PM
Tracy from IRP just called me, and here is the lowdown....

The Germans have totally taken over IRP during our meet times. Porsche has the track from July 18-21, and Mercedes-Benz just reserved it from 22-26th. So no luck. However, she was very amicable and wanted to try and book us for a different date. I gave a brief explanation of the 10th anniv meet and what we were wanting to do. For future reference, maybe for the 11th anniv meet :) here are the costs to use the IRP facilities.

Road course--
8 hour session, including fire/medical personnel and track preperation
$2250

4 hours with everything is $1250. Club insurance is required, so are helmets. Factory installed seatbelts are sufficient.

1/4 mile drag strip--
8 hour session, fire, medical, and track prep
$2000

4 hours is $1000. Same restrictions with insurance and helmets.

To reserve a time, within 10 days of the initial booking IRP must receive a $100 deposit. That will lock in any date(s) requested. If we get really serious about this as a club, we can schedule driving lessons. IRP has a special relationship with the SCCA. Inquiries about instruction should be directed to John Best of the SCCA (317/252-1067, pager that he will respond to) in case we, as a club, do not have our own driving instructors.

I could swear I once read that at the SIA plant, there will be an autocross track set up on one of their tarmacs. Is that true? I just had new bearings installed courtesy of Subaru, so bring it on!! :cool:

Mudfoot! Excellent Info!!!! Perhaps we'll just have to plan an "outing" once we "formalize" the club and get insurance and so forth. That would be lots of fun!!!

Thanks for checking it out.

Meanwhile, no, we had discussed an autocross set-up, but, it won't happen unless some of us want to bring our own cones. Isn't there an old saying, "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission." :D

wawazat??
12-07-2001, 02:51 PM
Indy Miata club VP gave me a contact name and phone number for the Indianapolis Speedway. I'll give her a call next week. From what I here from him we would need to spend $2000-$3000 for the group and would have to be on the track early in the morning based on track testing schedules. I'll confirm all this and update accordingly.
Todd

LarryIII
12-15-2001, 06:51 PM
Hi Gang,

Well, we now have 130 SVXers signed-up for this meet.

Thanks Shyhawk & CJ.

I hope to see everyone there.

Enjoy the Holidays.

LarryIII
12-19-2001, 08:59 AM
Hi All,

We now have 132 SVX's signed-up for this meet.

Thanks go out ot Bobbi & Bill and Dayle.

Larry III

LarryIII
12-20-2001, 04:27 AM
I just updated the Sign-up List and posted it in my personal locker (Briefcase to all Yahoo SVXers). Please check the personal info on it and send me an e-mail with corrections or missing data.

Thanks

Larry III

1994SubaruSVX
12-20-2001, 01:23 PM
$2000-3000 just for a few laps around the track? we might be better off keeping our money. i mean it would be really cool but that is a lot of money to drive 20-40 mph around indy. :(

LarryIII
12-28-2001, 11:00 AM
To All New SVXers

I recently posted the following message on the Yahoo SVX Club site. It applies equally here as well.

I see a lot of names that I don't recognize among this bunch of SVXers. To those of you that are interested or don't know about the 10th Anniversary SVX Meet; please look in my briefcase for details. There are now 132 SVX's (cars) [about 175 people]plus a Citroen SM (Citroen-Maserati) and a Buick Grand National signed-up to attend this meet. I expect that over 100 cars will actually show up. The meet will be held over 3 days in July 2002 at the SIA plant in Lafayette, Indiana.
There was a 10th Anniversary SVX Meet in September 2001, in Japan. 117 SVX's showed up. I want us to break that record.
If any of you are interested and want to sign-up, please contact me via e-mail.
Thanks.

Larry III
PS : Did I mention the List Incentive Program (LIP)? ;)

mohrds
01-07-2002, 02:57 PM
Larry,

In the agenda, you list a social at the main Hotel Friday. Which one is the main hotel?

Only some list 4 miles away from SIA, are the other ones closer or further away from SIA?

Doug

Aredubjay
01-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by mohrds
Larry,

In the agenda, you list a social at the main Hotel Friday. Which one is the main hotel?

Only some list 4 miles away from SIA, are the other ones closer or further away from SIA?

Doug

Hmmm. I thought Dr. Suess was dead. :D:D:D

wawazat??
01-14-2002, 02:35 PM
Good news race fans, I finally reached the correct person at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and they can get us on the track any of the three days of the 10th Anniversary meet any time between 8am and 5 pm. The cost is $1160 and they can arrange a photographer who can get a photo of each of our cars crossing the fabled yard of bricks as well! HOW COOL IS THAT???!!! They need a letter from the group detailing date, time and number of vehicles and we're off. I'd be happy to handle the letter writing duty as I've been pushing this a little. Obviously, the more cars we get the less our individual cost will be. I'm not sure how we'll handle logistics but I had to get the group worked back into a frothing frenzy about this!

Larry of the three eyes, can you please cross post this for me?

BTW- I'll be in Indy next week and I'll try to meet my contact and survey Speedway Subaru, the Indianapolis dealer who offered us the use of his facility for a gathering spot.

Regards all,
Todd

SVXphile
01-14-2002, 07:56 PM
Way to go man! Me, Jean, and SuperRu crossing the bricks....too cool to imagine. I'll pay my fair share to make it happen...:) :) :) :) Don

...and this is post #900 for me! :D

Ron Mummert
01-14-2002, 08:57 PM
The last time I was at Indy was in 1970 where I spent the day in the infield holding my ears & puking up warm beer. This will be glory day for me. Thanks for making it happen, WaWa. Check's in the mail.
Ron.

montypython
01-15-2002, 04:54 AM
Todd, great job :D But I'm thinking there's got to be more to it than that. There has to be a catch ready to squelch all our excitement.
Keep on top of it Todd and get all the details you can.

Mr. Pockets
01-15-2002, 10:48 AM
Good news race fans, I finally reached the correct person at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and they can get us on the track any of the three days of the 10th Anniversary meet any time between 8am and 5 pm. The cost is $1160 and they can arrange a photographer who can get a photo of each of our cars crossing the fabled yard of bricks as well! HOW COOL IS THAT???!!! They need a letter from the group detailing date, time and number of vehicles and we're off. I'd be happy to handle the letter writing duty as I've been pushing this a little. Obviously, the more cars we get the less our individual cost will be. I'm not sure how we'll handle logistics but I had to get the group worked back into a frothing frenzy about this!

Larry of the three eyes, can you please cross post this for me?

BTW- I'll be in Indy next week and I'll try to meet my contact and survey Speedway Subaru, the Indianapolis dealer who offered us the use of his facility for a gathering spot.

Regards all,
Todd

Hee hee hee. Heh. Ho ho. Ha ha ha...

That is just too cool.

July 22nd is my wife's birthday - what a perfect way to celebrate...

...now if only I could get her to see it that way. :)

LarryIII
01-15-2002, 02:49 PM
Cube er Pockets,

I really hate to tell you this.

The perfect gift is to let her drive the lap around Indy, while you ride shotgun with your lips firmly zipped.

That takes TRUE love.

Larry III

LarryIII
01-15-2002, 02:55 PM
Todd,

Can you handle it all. Do you need up front seed money?
I suggest we each put in $15- for starters (90 x $15=$1245). Tell us where to send the money and who to contact.

Send me an e-mail to discuss logistics.

We must be the A-team/"I just love it when a plan comes together ".

Larry III

SVXMAN2001
01-15-2002, 10:35 PM
not to sound greedy or anything but do we just get one lap?
chris

SVXphile
01-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Please check into the following options:

How much more would they charge for...
(1)Tony George to wave a checkered flag as the car passes...
(2)Miss Indiana to present me with a bottle of milk, a wreath, and keys to her apartment...(SMACK...I was just KIDDING dear!!)
(3)A.J.Foyt to put his arm around my sholders and say I drove a hellava race...
(4)the Purdue band to play "Take Me Home, Country Roads"
(5)taking home a brick. Shoot, they won't miss just ONE!!

:D :D :D Don

richeich
01-17-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm in, if it's alright with everyone else. I committed to coming to the meet before I sold my SVX. Now I've got a 'hot rod' Legacy GT, and it'd be neat to have a pic of it out on the track. I promise I'd stay out of any group pictures, and stay at the back of the line (way back-like I'd have a choice anyway)! I'll also get to see where my car was made. Nifty! Really getting pumped up for the meet.

wawazat??
01-17-2002, 05:17 PM

(4)the Purdue band to play "Take Me Home, Country Roads"
:D :D :D Don

I know what you really want is Jim Nabors to sing, Don!
DARE TO DREAM!

[deeply, lyrically]Back home again, in Indiana....[deeply, lyrically]

LarryIII
01-17-2002, 05:54 PM
Rich,

As one of the early SVXers on this site, you should be at the front of the line. You just take that ice white hot rod Legacy GT and act as the pace car. Not too fast now.

Larry III
PS: to Todd & Don, Golllly !!!!

SVXphile
01-17-2002, 05:57 PM
< know what you really want is Jim Nabors to sing, Don! DARE TO DREAM!
[deeply, lyrically]Back home again, in Indiana....[deeply, lyrically]

SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!

:) Don

SVXphile
01-17-2002, 06:00 PM
<As one of the early SVXers on this site, you should be at the front of the line. You just take
that ice white hot rod Legacy GT and act as the pace car. Not too fast now>

I'll second that emotion! :) Don

PS Maybe Rich could drive the Cherry Hill PPG SVX?

richeich
01-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Heh, heh... Excellent!! I should get some of those strobe lights to install in the headlights and tail lights, like the police have. That way, instead of saying I'm getting pumped up for the meet, I could say I'm getting "pimped up" for the meet!

Searunner
01-25-2002, 02:00 PM
You guys (and ladies) are just amazing. I am even more proud to be a fellow SVX'er when I read the good natured ribbing and wicked humour that consistently comes through on the board.

I am writing from Wellington in New Zealand - too far away to get my car to the July meet, but ooooohhhh I wish. . . . .

I just sent a message to Larry asking for some more details because I have this feeling that even without a car I just gotta be there. My head gets too busy trying to imagine over 100 SVXs rolling around the track - that is just too much.

Congratulations to all of you who have created the event. And thanks to all the regular contributors to these pages for your advice and positive attitude.

DRS

Aredubjay
01-25-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Searunner
You guys (and ladies) are just amazing. I am even more proud to be a fellow SVX'er when I read the good natured ribbing and wicked humour that consistently comes through on the board.

I am writing from Wellington in New Zealand - too far away to get my car to the July meet, but ooooohhhh I wish. . . . .

I just sent a message to Larry asking for some more details because I have this feeling that even without a car I just gotta be there. My head gets too busy trying to imagine over 100 SVXs rolling around the track - that is just too much.

Congratulations to all of you who have created the event. And thanks to all the regular contributors to these pages for your advice and positive attitude.

DRS

Golly, it's good to have someone here who appreciates our "good natured humour." Thank you.

We actually have grown into a pretty tight knit "family." We're happy you've chosen to be a part.

Maybe someone will lend you their car to take a trip around the bricks if you make it here.

LarryIII
01-25-2002, 02:41 PM

DRS

Searunner,

I guess I better go read my e-mail.

Larry III

wawazat??
01-25-2002, 03:40 PM

I guess I better go read my e-mail.

Larry III

Yeah you'd better! Been waiting on a response from you for a couple of days now!!!

Larry, please respond to my email via PM here at the site as I'll be in Indianapolis Sunday-Tuesday for some training.

wawazat??
01-25-2002, 03:45 PM

DRS

Alright DRS, Joe (svxistentialist) was invited to be my co-pilot on the "other side", but I've yet to hear back from him. My wife won't be attending and a couple of us (Mr. Pockets, Coca Cola08, SVX10) have been looking at setting up a caravan from Michigan. Offer is open!

Todd

Searunner
01-26-2002, 04:31 PM
Todd - thank you!
I will know within a week if I can buy the time away from work and fly to the USA for a week. If I can I will contact you to confirm that passenger seat. I received the preliminary "agenda" from Larry (thanks again L) and will be off to see my travel agent on Monday NZ time.

DRS
(Searunner)

knight'92
01-27-2002, 06:28 PM
I really want to make it to the 10 Anv. meeting !

but was also wondering if there was anyone in missouri, or anyone that was going to be passing through missouri on there way to the meet... we could convoy up there ! :)

thanks!
--Jason

LarryIII
01-28-2002, 04:59 AM
Jason,

I don't know if "Thumper" (Gavin) is still comming. He sold his SVX. He is in Missouri. Also, MCSVX (Todd) is in Missouri. Also Ray, Halistan is in Missouri. There are a few from GA. Since I am rotten on geography, I don't know if they have too pass thru Missouri to get to Indiana.

If you really, really want to come; you should sign-up. See the details in my personal locker.

Larry III
PS: Sorry, I diddn't mean to leave Bill & Donna F. out. They are also from Missouri.

PPS: This is for all the old timers who thought I forgot. ...Wait for it...... "Did I mention the List Incentive Plan (LIP)???"

Green1995SVX
01-28-2002, 05:47 AM
Hey larry

do you have the info for that primary host hotel yet?

-Mike

knight'92
01-28-2002, 08:48 AM
Hey, Thanks Larry
I just send you some e-mail

I want to try to get ahold of the Missouri people that are going to be making the trip.. I would like to see where we could meet and whatnot !

Knight'92

Zeppelin
01-28-2002, 12:34 PM
How are you guys from NYC area coming? I'm in western NY and I'd love to meet up with you guys on the way over! I figure you guys will be taking the Penn turnpike?

Aredubjay
01-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Zeppelin
I figure you guys will be taking the Penn turnpike?

My deepest sympathies.

LarryIII
01-28-2002, 01:20 PM
Randy,

Let me know if the Pennsy T'pke is finally fixed when I see you at Reading. I have to take it to get to Ohio.

Larry III

Aredubjay
01-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Randy,

Let me know if the Pennsy T'pke is finally fixed when I see you at Reading. I have to take it to get to Ohio.

Larry III

Yeah, I know. I feel for you guys. That's the only downside of the Reading meet. The last two times, it has been a bear. Oh, and ALWAYS, on the way home, I hate going through Columbus Ohio. The first year, it rained so hard I couldn't see the road in front of me when I hit Columbus. The second year, it also rained so hard I couldn't see the road, BUT, this time they added some HAIL!! Luckily, my car wasn't hurt by it. It was only pea sized. I'm interested in seeing what Columbus will have for me this year on the way home.

Of course, the "Meet Demon" is knocking on my door again. Since my new brakes, I've developed a shake between 40 and 60 MPH. No, not a "shudder." It's an honest-to-goodness shake. Did they not tighten a wheel well at the brake fixers? Is it another clue to tranny problems ahead, other than the return of my 2-3 shift flare? Will we wind up with another last minute "out of the shop and up to Reading drama this year? Time will tell.

1994SubaruSVX
02-04-2002, 02:31 PM
to post a list of hotels in the area. i would really like to begin narrowing down my choices and maybe even make my reservation. just a thought......

Aredubjay
02-04-2002, 03:24 PM
to post a list of hotels in the area. i would really like to begin narrowing down my choices and maybe even make my reservation. just a thought......

Larry has a list of available hotels in his locker. :)

Green1995SVX
02-04-2002, 06:11 PM

Yeah, I know. I feel for you guys. That's the only downside of the Reading meet. The last two times, it has been a bear. Oh, and ALWAYS, on the way home, I hate going through Columbus Ohio. The first year, it rained so hard I couldn't see the road in front of me when I hit Columbus. The second year, it also rained so hard I couldn't see the road, BUT, this time they added some HAIL!! Luckily, my car wasn't hurt by it. It was only pea sized. I'm interested in seeing what Columbus will have for me this year on the way home.

Of course, the "Meet Demon" is knocking on my door again. Since my new brakes, I've developed a shake between 40 and 60 MPH. No, not a "shudder." It's an honest-to-goodness shake. Did they not tighten a wheel well at the brake fixers? Is it another clue to tranny problems ahead, other than the return of my 2-3 shift flare? Will we wind up with another last minute "out of the shop and up to Reading drama this year? Time will tell.

I'll be traveling the turnpike from pittsburgh to lancaster on friday. I 'll let you know how it is. It's been great latly though. I travel it cross state about once a month, and i havnt had a backup this year yet. Speaking of that... I saw a red svx on the turnpike a few months ago... Driver wouldnt acknowledge me. :rolleyes:

-Mike

Green1995SVX
02-04-2002, 06:11 PM

Larry has a list of available hotels in his locker. :)

Larry -
I would like to make my reservations. Which hotel is preferred. I want to be at the primary hotel.

-Mike

Ron Mummert
02-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Larry -
I would like to make my reservations. Which hotel is preferred. I want to be at the primary hotel.

-Mike

Holiday Inn in Morgantown.
Ron.

mohrds
02-04-2002, 07:29 PM
<<Holiday Inn in Morgantown.
Ron.>>

Uh... Ron, You been hitting the box o wine a little early tonight?

The morning breakfast run from PA to Indiana could really Suck :)

America gave Lee Iaccoca and Chrysler millions. What did they give us???? The K car!!

Cheers!

Doug

Green1995SVX
02-04-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Holiday Inn in Morgantown.
Ron.

wait a min... what thread is this.... umm... ron are you ok?

-Mike

**92SVX**
02-05-2002, 05:20 AM
Area code for all is 765

Budget Inn 447-7566
Comfor Suites 447-0016
Hampton Inn 447-1600
Hawthorne Suites 446-8668
Holiday Inn Express 449-4808
Homewood Suites 448-9700
Knights Inn 447-5611
Radisson Inn 447-0575
Red Roof Inn 448-4671
Signature Inn 447-4142

The Homewood is by far the best...free beer and eats during happy hour (5-7 weekdays). All are within a couple of miles of SIA. Each has access to I-65. You will be looking for exit 173, head west on State Road 38. Main gate is the second stop light.

Good Luck...and happy trails!!!

I'm glad I'm LOCAL!!!