PDA

View Full Version : Repair Shop Search Tool

sith
05-30-2001, 09:47 PM
Erf, /me got bored, wrote it (see earlier thread for concept)

Its still beta, so I'm not linking it up in the nav bar at the top of the site, but if you want to play around a bit, add entries for shops near you, that would be nice. If you want to see it work, I've entered a comment for a dealer in my area, so you can use zip code 54914 to see an example entry.

Repair Shop Search and Review Tool (http://www.subaru-svx.net/repair/)

Post thoughts here - I know the interface isn't too hot yet, I'll make it nicer later.

Aredubjay
05-30-2001, 09:57 PM
Sith, you're a good guy. I don't care what others have told me. :D

sith
05-30-2001, 10:21 PM
sniffle... people dont like me? I'm sorry, I dont try to offend...

Seraph
05-30-2001, 11:13 PM
Looks good. High 5's
Is there a way we can include the dealerships as well ( non-subaru as well as subaru ). I think it is useful for people buying cars. Also on other aftermarket shops as well.
Thanks
Lwin

ps if you need help, let me know.

sith
05-30-2001, 11:14 PM
No reason not to post dealers or parts shops, I am still trying to figure out the terminology i want to use, the term "repair shop" will probably go away. I just can't think of a good all inclusive term to describe dealerships, indy mechanics, and so on.. ideas?

John19688
05-31-2001, 07:51 AM
I like this idea a lot! Thanks for doing it.

To try the new system, I filled out the information for the Subaru dealer in my area. I can put in the name, address, phone, and comments BUT I can't rate it (1-5 rating) from that screen. I had to get out of that screen, enter my zip again to find my newly entered dealer and then assign a rating to it.

Also, could the "mile range" default to a higher number. The reason being most SVX owners would probably prefer to know the best repair shop in a 25 mile radius rather than which is the closest to them.

This will be a great resource. Thanks again.

sith
05-31-2001, 09:52 AM
Alright, I added ratings to the "Add a shop" section, and made the search radius default to 25 miles.