PDA

View Full Version : police?

sith
07-26-2002, 02:57 PM
So, I've only heard one story of any police interaction with SVX'ers before/during/after the meet, and that didn't even result in a ticket. Did we really get 76 SVX's to indiana without any fines?

On a.. *ahem* related note, I heard various folks were "exploring" the upper limits of the SVX speedo - so I wanna know who holds the 10th Anniversary Meet for maximum speed obtained.

Heh.

-Colin

Seraph
07-26-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by sith
So, I've only heard one story of any police interaction with SVX'ers before/during/after the meet, and that didn't even result in a ticket. Did we really get 76 SVX's to indiana without any fines?

On a.. *ahem* related note, I heard various folks were "exploring" the upper limits of the SVX speedo - so I wanna know who holds the 10th Anniversary Meet for maximum speed obtained.

Heh.

-Colin

While getting there, I got a couple of people to get out of my way. :D :D :D Apart from that I saw 3 IN state troopers and they all had their share of catch so did not chase me. :D

Lwin

Boone
07-26-2002, 03:12 PM
I'm impressed that (as far as I've read) no early model trannys went "tango uniform" and arrived on a flat bed. :D :rolleyes: :p

subymtnguy
07-26-2002, 07:57 PM
Well since you brought it up....

I was stopped for speeding in Kansas; about 40 miles west of Topeka. Was I speeding? yes....did I deserve a ticket?.....yes

Five minutes earlier, he could have had me for over 100...

91 in a 70....I'll just pay the fine ($154) and forget about it...

First ticket in 17 years.... no big deal....

"It hurts my motor to go so slow"

Ron Mummert
07-27-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by sith

Heh.

-Colin

I hit 115 on Indiana I-85 trying to catch the group on the way to the Indy museum. My ultimate goal was to bury the needle somehow, somewhere on my way back home. More about that later.

Ron.

Green1995SVX
07-27-2002, 09:54 PM
Chris (SVXMAN2001) took my car to somewhere around 120 or so while we were there. He had never had his svx over 85 or something like that. Fun fun and scarey.

mike

Seraph
07-28-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

I hit 115 on Indiana I-85 trying to catch the group on the way to the Indy museum. My ultimate goal was to bury the needle somehow, somewhere on my way back home. More about that later.

Ron.

You do know that they can literally toss you in jail if they caught you at that speed in IN right? :rolleyes:

Lwin

ps. I speed like a maniac. But I do it when they are not watching or when they can't do a thing about it.

Shadowyng
07-31-2002, 09:24 AM
On the way to the Indy SPeedway Museum when all the cars were in line. When I broke away from the pack to get infront and take some video I pushed 120 MPH. I was nervous as hell and you could tell from the video. My hands were shaking while I was taking the video. Like that I remeber the adrenaline surging through my veins after the high speed dash!!!:eek:

blackbolt94red
07-31-2002, 11:34 AM
I havn't done this in a bit, which explains why I can't remember if it's 130 or 140 but here goes. My 94 LSi tops out at either 130 or 140 but as memory serves, if I pull the shifter back to 3rd, with the pedel still floored, it creeps past the 130 (or 140) to about 135 or so. Dropping it back to fourth and it gradually slows back to 130 (or 140) Is this an electronic limiter? The engine never misses a beat and the car was rock steady. The revs? Again, memory wants to say about 5 grand or so?
Remember, I very much enjoyed the '70's so some key brain cells may be out to lunch. This explains why I did this in the first place or can't remember more details, who knows.

lee
07-31-2002, 12:00 PM
never had my SVX over 75mph so far, only been on the open highway the day I bought it.

B Bolt - I think you're doing quite well. My wife swears I took her to a Crosby/Stills/Nash concert that I don't even remember buying tickets for, much less attending.