PDA

View Full Version : Aug 3rd in New Jerz?

SHISVX
07-25-2002, 08:09 PM
well since prez Randy can maybe make it Jersey on the 3rd...who else would be interested in meeting?

Kelli

Seraph
07-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by SHISVX
well since prez Randy can maybe make it Jersey on the 3rd...who else would be interested in meeting?

Kelli

Is this an official SVX Network meet on the 3rd August?

Lwin

SHISVX
07-25-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Seraph

Is this an official SVX Network meet on the 3rd August?

Lwin

well, it can be if prez makes it;) ;)

Kelli

Seraph
07-25-2002, 10:40 PM

well, it can be if prez makes it;) ;)

Kelli

ok. I can't make it though. I have a wedding to go to... Going to be an usher :D (I wonder if I can show up in your prom dress for that. ;Þ )

Lwin

LarryIII
07-26-2002, 05:03 AM
Kelli,

Where is the Aug 3 SVX meet in NJ (Nort Joisey ?) The SOA parking lot Cherry Hill, NJ is pretty empty on a Sat. It's only 45 min. from my house and we could probably get all those SVXers from Lancaster county who live around Blueball and Intercourse(those are towns near Lancaster PA people).
I also think that the Maryland & DC people could make Cherry Hill.

Of course I personally would like to see a Liberty State Park Meet again. That was my first SVX meet and the idea for the 10th Anniversary SVX Meet was first conceived there by Blondeman, Kevin O'Brien, and me.

Keep me posted. :D

RSVX
07-26-2002, 07:52 AM
I am literaly 5 Minutes from SOA, if that is where we want to do it, let me know what we need from SOA and I will try to arrange it. Also, since my recent investigations revealed that the PPG Pace Car is still there it could add to the excitement.

Oh yeah, if 'Precious' is broke I could push her there easily.

Aredubjay
07-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by LarryIII
and we could probably get all those SVXers from Lancaster county who live around Blueball and Intercourse(those are towns near Lancaster PA people).

I'm always fascinated by how PA places appropriate towns close to one another. I was looking at a map of our route area at Reading II and just happened to notice that Pottstown was just down the road from Stonersville. :D

Aredubjay
07-26-2002, 08:14 AM
Wherever it's decided to take place, I'd appreciate if someone would send me directions to the site from LaGuardia.

SHISVX
07-26-2002, 09:28 AM
well, i don't know where SOA is....but tell me what is around it, i won't be able to make it down there till past 3, that is when i get off of work, so anytime after that i can meet up. someone who knows where it is please let me know! i was thinking closer to route 80, cuz that is a total nuetral area close to NY and to PA. that is easy to get to and everyone knows where it is...

Kelli

lets throw this meet together real quick/but make it good!

Zeppelin
07-26-2002, 09:56 AM
I'll be there! Keep me posted on where it will be though, and where to get a cheap motel room!

Aredubjay
07-26-2002, 10:18 AM
well, i don't know where SOA is....but tell me what is around it, i won't be able to make it down there till past 3, that is when i get off of work, so anytime after that i can meet up. someone who knows where it is please let me know! i was thinking closer to route 80, cuz that is a total nuetral area close to NY and to PA. that is easy to get to and everyone knows where it is...

Kelli

lets throw this meet together real quick/but make it good!

Route 80 may be a good idea, since I plan on putting as much road between me and NY as I can, after I leave that day. I may travel Route 80 to avoid the Joisey and PA tpks! :D

SVXphile
07-26-2002, 10:18 AM
This is a plot, I know it is. Hatched in a motel room in Lafayette. Some of you guys are gonna create a disturbance at SOA, while Randy and Larry spring the PPG SVX... :) :) :)

...but hey....I used to work with secrets. I won't say a word about it. Especially here on the Internet, where there are EARS and EYES everywhere....shoot, even Larry has 3 "iii's"...:rolleyes:
Don

LarryIII
07-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Chris,

The PPG pace car is not actually in the township of Cherry Hill. I think the garage is officialy located in Pennsauken. I just wish that they would paint the township lines on the ground so I could tell where I was in NJ.

Yo, whose dis here Randy guy. He should like da city.

Sal
Brooklyn SVX Club
Baack Perl 95 LSi

SHISVX
07-26-2002, 02:30 PM
okay....here it is how about Aug 3rd in the Rockaway Mall parking lot just off of route 80, NJ. i will be showing up around 4 or so, but what others want to do is all on them. route 80 is a decent highway easily accessed by NY, PA, and NJ. if anyone needs directions lemme know. you would go off the exit right into the parking lot and we shall assemble there, so we can find eachother...lol...amugst the Navi's and other monster trucks

Kelli

LarryIII
07-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Kelli,

I know where route 80 is. It runs east-west across northern NJ .
Where is the Rockaway Mall ? What township is it in ?

RSVX
07-26-2002, 09:32 PM
I am an idiot either way... the 3rd is my second to last day at work, and there is no way I can get out of it. I am doomed to never see a SVX Meet again at this rate. I am 0-3 on Trying to get to meets...

SHISVX
07-27-2002, 08:09 AM
Kelli,

I know where route 80 is. It runs east-west across northern NJ .
Where is the Rockaway Mall ? What township is it in ?

rockaway mall is in roxberry twsp. it is next to mt olive and buddlake... near Picatanny Ars....about 30mins from hackettstown hospital near Dover, Ledgewood...

Kelli

and RSVX....what time do you get out of work? and where is that? why couldn't you go?

RSVX
07-27-2002, 09:54 AM
Work ends for me @ 6:45 PM and I dont get home till about say 7:30 PM and after that, I live basically in Cherry Hill for the Township challenged. So that puts me way out of reach... and actually it makes me 1-5 cause I made it to Reading I, missed West Point, Reading II, Reading III, the 10th Anni. Meet, and of course this one.

Larry about your township bit; My address is Marlton, the sign 300 feet down the road says Medford, if we order pizza it comes from the Maple Shade Pizza place, and the police come from Evesham... go figure. If there were lines painted on the ground, I am afraid it would be one big line... as they would all meld together.

SHISVX
07-27-2002, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RSVX
[B]Work ends for me @ 6:45 PM and I dont get home till about say 7:30 PM and after that, I live basically in Cherry Hill for the Township challenged. So that puts me way out of reach... and actually it makes me 1-5 cause I made it to Reading I, missed West Point, Reading II, Reading III, the 10th Anni. Meet, and of course this one.

well, i don't mind meeting you half way another time....there are some svxers in my area that would probably want to go, so we can have a mini meet someother time, so you will have another meet underneath your belt

Kelli

and to all you Lancaster svxers...you know who you are...who drove for hours just to be told to get off the premise in 30mins, or else??? come on you know you wanna come!

Green1995SVX
07-28-2002, 02:14 PM
I will be going to Chris's (SVXMAN2001) in NY on saturday, so maybe I will stop by on the way. Can you give me directions from 80?

-Mike

SHISVX
07-29-2002, 03:47 PM
i need to know who is really serious about going this sat...i was invited to a concert, that i will miss if enough ppl go to this meet

Kelli

Zeppelin
07-29-2002, 03:51 PM
Sorry Kel, but I gotta duck out.. Too much going on this weekend :(

Maybe in the next few weeks though!

Aredubjay
07-29-2002, 04:16 PM
i need to know who is really serious about going this sat...i was invited to a concert, that i will miss if enough ppl go to this meet

Kelli

Bein's I won't be shaking loose until around 2-3, and you won't get off work 'til 3, and interest is lukewarm, at best . . . I'd say, go to the concert. Have fun! :D

Green1995SVX
07-29-2002, 04:20 PM
I'm prob. gonna not go too. Too much on my plate this week. Sorry Kell.

-Mike

SHISVX
07-29-2002, 04:22 PM
well, i guess i shall do that Prez....it was a nice thought, i guess i will have to wait until Reading IIII....ahhhh Reading.....i can't wait!

Kelli

Aredubjay
07-29-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I'm prob. gonna not go too.

Did anybody feel that? That is a deep rumble in the earth caused by all of the dead english teachers in the world, collectively spinning in their graves, while all the living ones hurl. :rolleyes:

Aredubjay
07-29-2002, 04:26 PM
well, i guess i shall do that Prez....it was a nice thought, i guess i will have to wait until Reading IIII....ahhhh Reading.....i can't wait!

Kelli

Yeah, I'd loved to have gotten together with a bunch of youze guys, but, now, I can probably get on the road that much sooner. May even be able to be home by mid-day Sunday. Thanks for trying, though.

And, Kelli, make sure you don't have any other plans during the Reading weekend this time. Wouldn't want you duckin' out on us again. :D

Zeppelin
07-29-2002, 04:34 PM
Randy, which way do you plan on coming back?

SHISVX
07-29-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah, I'd loved to have gotten together with a bunch of youze guys, but, now, I can probably get on the road that much sooner.

speaking of english teachers, was yours from a land where men are men and sheep are scared?:P :)

And, Kelli, make sure you don't have any other plans during the Reading weekend this time. Wouldn't want you duckin' out on us again. :D

i will be sure to set the whole weekend up so that i can devote all my time to the meet, i wish i coulda did it last time. my car deserves it! by the way...where you the one that took pics of my street glows??? i tried, but my camera sucks and i would like to post them...

Kelli

Green1995SVX
07-29-2002, 04:51 PM

Did anybody feel that? That is a deep rumble in the earth caused by all of the dead english teachers in the world, collectively spinning in their graves, while all the living ones hurl. :rolleyes:

oh hush.

Aredubjay
07-29-2002, 11:34 PM

i will be sure to set the whole weekend up so that i can devote all my time to the meet, i wish i coulda did it last time. my car deserves it! by the way...where you the one that took pics of my street glows??? i tried, but my camera sucks and i would like to post them...

Kelli

Kelli,
Don Addington (SVXphile) tried to take shots of your glows. I don't know to what degree of success, though.

Mark,
I don't know whether I'm going to do I-80 or brave the T-pike. Now that I've got a little more time, I may try 80.

Meanwhile, does anyone know if I have to have some kind of sticker in the window to keep from getting stopped through every state? KY won't register a car without inspection. They can't inspect it until I get it here. The KY transportation cabinet said I'd have nothing to worry about as long as I had my paperwork, but, I'd rather not have to waste time getting pulled over, show the paperwork, get pulled over, show the paperwork, get pulled over . . . all the way through four or five states. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :D

SHISVX
07-29-2002, 11:44 PM

Meanwhile, does anyone know if I have to have some kind of sticker in the window to keep from getting stopped through every state? KY won't register a car without inspection. They can't inspect it until I get it here. The KY transportation cabinet said I'd have nothing to worry about as long as I had my paperwork, but, I'd rather not have to waste time getting pulled over, show the paperwork, get pulled over, show the paperwork, get pulled over . . . all the way through four or five states. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :D

well, ummm, you could wear you zebra skin bikini bottoms...or stick a piece of green paper there...if you do get pulled over, you can say that there is a phone number on it, and since the windows being as they are, this is a good place so it doesn't get blown away. you should be fine, i know in Jersey, the cops don't mess with ppl from other states much, they don't like the hastle. but you might try that, a good inspection sticker right now is green, so that is your best bet for Jersey, just don't speed or anything and they should not mess with ya!

Kelli

ps, i would go 80...NJ TP is nasty, a lot of stupid ppl

Aredubjay
07-29-2002, 11:49 PM
ps, i would go 80...NJ TP is nasty, a lot of stupid ppl

Good idea. No need in adding one more. :D

SHISVX
07-29-2002, 11:53 PM

Good idea. No need in adding one more. :D

now where would you get an idea like that?

anyways, 80 is more patroled by policed, that could be a good thing or bad, NJ TP is straighter and faster, but 80, ppl are more cautious, so it is all your call. i would personally go 80, but if you don't want to run into many cops, go the TP, but then again, you have all those toll booths...choices choices..like the leopard skin, zebra skin, or tiger skin print for seat covers in the svx!:D

can we have Reading early this year Santa?

Kelli

vkykam
07-30-2002, 07:20 AM
Aredub,

Been there, done that.

Just stay out of Massachusetts. Really. I think they're the only state that won't accept the temp.

I drove 3 days with a NY temp thru NY state and PA, and then another 25 here in Ontario with no problems whatsoever. Oh, bring scotch tape just in case.

If you want to be absolutely sure, just check each of the state's DMV web site that you'll be going thru. But PA, for sure, no prob.

VK

EDIT: http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/register.htm#temporary

LarryIII
07-31-2002, 07:24 AM
Kelli,

Please post the names of of prospective attendees for this meet.

I am assuming that the meet starts at 4:00 PM this Sat., 8/03/02. in the Rockaway Mall parking lot. Please notify if incorrect.

SHISVX
07-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Kelli,

Please post the names of of prospective attendees for this meet.

I am assuming that the meet starts at 4:00 PM this Sat., 8/03/02. in the Rockaway Mall parking lot. Please notify if incorrect.

sorry Larry, i think the meet is dead :(

no one is going....sorry..sometime in the fall for sure!

Kelli