PDA

View Full Version : The First Annual Crab Meet

SVXphile
07-24-2002, 02:05 PM
O.K. all you folks from Va/Md/Del/eastern Pa/NJ etc. your excuses are over....

Here is the location for your meet... http://fagers.com/hotel/

All you have to do is work out the TIME... :D Don

LarryIII
07-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SVXphile
O.K. all you folks from Va/Md/Del/eastern Pa/NJ etc. your excuses are over....

Here is the location for your meet... http://fagers.com/hotel/

All you have to do is work out the TIME... :D Don

Don,

I assume that this will be replacing the West Va. SVX Meet which is called Snowshoe III. If so, we can call this meet "Crab Fest & Swimfin I" I vote for late Sept., or the first weekend in Oct. Please reply quickly.

SVXphile
07-24-2002, 03:11 PM
<I assume that this will be replacing the West Va. SVX Meet which is called Snowshoe III>

Neg-a-tory there, oh great organizer! This was just an idea to kick-start all you folks that live in that area, to come up with your own meet.

There will still be a WV III.....probably in the eastern panhandle. I am open to suggestions for location/times etc. We really DO need to be thinking about it; reservations in that area for fall foilage time will begin to get slim soon, as John reminded me in Lafayette.
Don

-------------------------------------

Further information is available on the old (ancient!) Snowshoe thread.... :) Don

LarryIII
08-01-2002, 04:37 AM
Don,

Can you make it closer to Delaware?

LarryIII
08-01-2002, 04:44 AM
With all the Maryland & DC SVXers why don't we have a crab fest meet?
'Camon' all youse guys. Ron, John, Rufus, Olu, Rich, etc. Start to organize something.

(This will surely light the fire)

Or are you guys like the Orioles..."The WORST TEAM that money can buy."

Larry III (World's second biggest NY Yankee fan)
PS: Do Rosie & I have to drive down to St. Micheals and eat our crab alone?

mattski
08-01-2002, 07:31 PM
Count me in. I am definitely up for a long drive, some crabs and a few cold ones.

Oh no, then I will have to let my wife (designated driver) get her hands on Mid Life Crisis:(

Ron Mummert
08-01-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
With all the Maryland & DC SVXers why don't we have a crab fest meet?
'Camon' all youse guys. Ron, John, Rufus, Olu, Rich, etc. Start to organize something.

(This will surely light the fire)

Or are you guys like the Orioles..."The WORST TEAM that money can buy."

Larry III (World's second biggest NY Yankee fan)
PS:Do Rosie & I have to drive down to St. Micheals and eat our crab alone?

How about something in Kentucky called the Potted Meet?
Let's see... We just did the Heat Meet. Snowshoe part twenty-five is coming up soon. Where can we squeeze in a Crab Meet while it's still warm? I'd be glad to do a Rehoboth Beach something again, Larry if we can just get everyone's attention. Maybe just a one day "wassup" & let's eat affair.

Meet Beat, Ron

kuoh
08-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Now how come these coastal guys have the best sounding meets? I propose a Kansas City BBQ fest! :D

KuoH

SVXphile
08-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Now that the NJ meet has been laid to rest, attention is turning toward the mid-Atlantic (and Kansas City BBQ!).... :o

<Can you make it closer to Delaware?>

Larry,
If you folks picked some place like Ocean City for the "Crab Meet", you would be 118 miles/ 2 1/2 hours away. (It would be 440 miles for me. I just posted the Lighthouse Hotel site to get you folks going on your own meet. You have so many members who live close to the Bay!)

We are looking at the Shepherdstown, WV area for WV III. That is the part of WV thrust deeply eastward, and not all that far away......from you, 150 miles/3hrs. Not much farther than a trip to Ocean City. Closer to you than Canaan Valley, and a LOT closer than Snowshoe. It would be 268 miles/5 hrs for me. Plus, WV III gets to stay......in WV, which we West Virginians think is important. (I'm sure no Pennsylvanian wants the Reading Meet to meet in
Trenton!) ;) :) Don

SVXphile
08-01-2002, 11:15 PM
<How about something in Kentucky called the Potted Meet? >

Ron, they didn't invent Spam....honestly!

How about the "Where Friends Meet" in Quakertown. Or "Meet Me in St. Louis" for you midwesterners? The "Where the Elite Meet" for those SVX'ers in the upper income brackets? Texas ranchers could have a steak in an "Eat Meet". How about one at Halloween called the "Dead Meet"?

Your turn..... :D Don

Ron Mummert
08-02-2002, 08:30 PM
<How about something in Kentucky called the Potted Meet? >

Ron, they didn't invent Spam....honestly!

How about the "Where Friends Meet" in Quakertown. Or "Meet Me in St. Louis" for you midwesterners? The "Where the Elite Meet" for those SVX'ers in the upper income brackets? Texas ranchers could have a steak in an "Eat Meet". How about one at Halloween called the "Dead Meet"?

Your turn..... :D Don

A gathering of professional car thieves could be called the "Beat Feet Meet". Ping....Ron.

SVXphile
08-03-2002, 04:35 AM
<A gathering of professional car thieves could be called the "Beat Feet Meet". Ping....Ron>

There were thoughts about a "Peat Meet", but it got bogged down....

:rolleyes: Don

LarryIII
08-03-2002, 07:29 PM
We could all go to Hershey, PA for a Sweet Meet, or we could drive to a pool for a Swim Meet, or we could go to the navy base in Newport News, VA for a Fleet Meet, or we could go to lower Manhattan for the NY Deli Meet.

nubs
08-03-2002, 07:31 PM
We could all go to Hershey, PA for a Sweet Meet

Count me in on this one.I am there all of the time anyway:D

SVXphile
08-03-2002, 09:49 PM
<We could all go to Hershey, PA for a Sweet Meet, or we could drive to a pool for a Swim Meet, or we could go to the navy base in Newport News, VA for a Fleet Meet, or we could go to lower Manhattan for the NY Deli Meet>

Good ones Larry! Maybe the Sweet Meet (Hershey) could be part of Reading IV!

How about one in the Everglades during mosquito season....
...the DEET Meet.

or

the Kansas "Wheat Meet"...

..no...on second thought, that one might go against the grain.

:rolleyes: Don

Ron Mummert
08-03-2002, 10:16 PM
We could all go to Hershey, PA for a Sweet Meet, or we could drive to a pool for a Swim Meet, or we could go to the navy base in Newport News, VA for a Fleet Meet, or we could go to lower Manhattan for the NY Deli Meet.

Larry, anything involving you & Rosie will always be the Lunch Meet.
Pass 'da Kaiser rolls.

Ron.

PS - Any gathering of Thunderbirds or Firebirds....????

OK, You got it. Tweet Meets.

Ron.

SVXphile
08-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Good one Ron!
but
isn't it passed your bedtime? :D Don

svxcess
08-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Have a New England gathering at Ene, MA. Then we could call it the "FLEET" MEET

listed
08-12-2002, 11:53 AM

We are looking at the Shepherdstown, WV area for WV III.

quite a few SVXs live here including my 5 speed.

Chris

svxcess
08-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Time is getting short to try to plan a fall (Snowshoe III, Shepardstown 1, WV whatever...) meet. Lets not begin to set aprecedent for letting established meets just disappear for lack of interest /planning.

I know Lafayette can't be topped and is still something some of us are still recovering from, but somehow just one annual meet at Reading for the east coast crowd doesn't seem to be enough.

I know we can still make this happen!!!!!!!!

SVXphile
08-20-2002, 08:18 PM
We can John, if anyone other than you, me, and Chris (listed) are interested.

Shoot...we can STILL do it. It would just be a mini-meet though.....who knows..."The fewer, the merrier!" :rolleyes: Don

(if I don't get SuperRu fixed soon, I'll have to come in a yellow Yugo..)

PS...John, have a safe trip back from the west coast! The big hole on the left is the Grand Canyon....

LarryIII
08-21-2002, 04:36 AM
John,

<<<I know Lafayette can't be topped and is still something some of us are still recovering from.>>>

You may think that but don't bet on it. The weird mind of Larry has recovered and is playing with ideas for the Next One.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don,

As soon as I figure out where Shepardstown is and see how to get there, I'll let you know if we're coming. BTW-what are the dates? I f we come, I want to discuss some ideas for the SVX Meet that will top Lafayette.

Larry III

svxy
08-21-2002, 03:19 PM
Shepherdstown is about an hour or so from the beltway of both Wash. DC and Baltimore.

Ron Mummert
08-21-2002, 07:08 PM
All of you folks know I never met a meet I wouldn't try to make.
However, since we're just getting over Lafa, & Snowshoe MCLXXVIII is due, I don't know where to squeeze in something involving crustaceans, at least this year. Now, Orlando in January.... Hmmmm...
Opps..forgot about the Smokies! It sounds like Reading could approach Lafa if the early returns are any indication.
Count me in for any West Virginny tours in the fall. The location doesn't matter as long as I can hear them Banjos plunkin'

Ron.

LarryIII
08-22-2002, 04:58 AM
Ron,

I hear that there are 3 new prducts coming to market in time for the holday shopping season.

The first is 'Box-O-Twang', which is a compilation of banjo plucking tunes.

The second is Box-O-Uke. This will only be sold if Box-O-Twang is a bit hit. Box-O-Uke cotains all the Arthur Godfrey ukelehe tunes beautfully remastered. Special editions of Box-O-Uke will also contain a suprise CD of Irish ballad duets by Dennis Day and Carmel Quinn.

The third is 'Box-O-Computer Illiterati'. I think this is a must have item for you and me. It contains step by step instructions for doing everything on a computer. It even gives you the correct speeeeeeeeeeling of AVATARand tells you what 'html' (as opposed to LSMFT) stands for.:D

SVXphile
09-03-2002, 07:57 PM
I would just like to note the passing of the Snowshoe II thread from the active page for the first time in about....what....over a year or so? Sad....sad..... :( Don

Ron Mummert
09-03-2002, 08:37 PM
I would just like to note the passing of the Snowshoe II thread from the active page for the first time in about....what....over a year or so? Sad....sad..... :( Don

WHAT!!!??? What do these young whippersnapper moderators know???
I will now play Taps on the banjo out of respect.

VW Jetta TDI - REPLACES?? the SVX???
I will now play Taps on the bagpipe out of disgust.

Ron - guitar gently weeping.

SVXphile
09-04-2002, 05:15 PM
<VW Jetta TDI - REPLACES?? the SVX???
I will now play Taps on the bagpipe out of disgust>

Uh.....Ron. If you can show me where I said that, I will purchase you a box 'o wine and a case of blue crabs to go with it...The word "replace" just 'aint there.....

.....'course ifin ole SuperRu don't cum down offen them blocks soon, and git that thar carry-er bearing fixed....no tellin what I may 'sider doin....taint run more than a few ticks since Memorial Day. I think I'm furgettin what it felt like to drive it....

Don

Ron Mummert
09-04-2002, 07:49 PM
<VW Jetta TDI - REPLACES?? the SVX???
I will now play Taps on the bagpipe out of disgust>

Uh.....Ron. If you can show me where I said that, I will purchase you a box 'o wine and a case of blue crabs to go with it...The word "replace" just 'aint there.....

.....'course ifin ole SuperRu don't cum down offen them blocks soon, and git that thar carry-er bearing fixed....no tellin what I may 'sider doin....taint run more than a few ticks since Memorial Day. I think I'm furgettin what it felt like to drive it....

Don

You're gonna trade that VW DEEEZEL in for a lousy Maybach???!!!

On another note:

SVXphile's WVA neighbor's wife -

"Hey, Darrell; lookee thar' - Them Addingtons allez gotta' show off.
NOW they got a slick, shiney space-shippy lookin' vee-hick-all up on blocks". "When'r WE gonna' git sumpthin' nice like that, instead 'o that ole Hudson you had sittin' thar' since Rooooseeeevelt was president"?

"Shaddup, Eunice!" You know ah cain't stand them damm yuppies"!

Ron.

SVXphile
09-05-2002, 08:44 PM
....'cept its a Hudson Hornet, and its in mint condition. They are not impressed by SuperRu.....

....."stays broke a lot, don't it?" :( Don

Ron Mummert
09-05-2002, 09:57 PM
[
....."stays broke a lot, don't it?" :( Don [/B][/QUOTE]

At least you can't ruin the tranny as long as it's perched on cinder blocks.
What year Hornet is it? Remember when them things dominated various racing events in the '50s? "Step down design, twin H power"
Even the SVX only got one "H".
Lovin' the past - Ron.

SVXphile
09-15-2002, 08:26 PM
....and we need to pick a weekend in October to get together. The weekend of the 6th is out for me....other than that....
Don

Ron Mummert
09-15-2002, 09:27 PM
....and we need to pick a weekend in October to get together. The weekend of the 6th is out for me....other than that....
Don

So how's about the early November (3rd I think) date for Harry's Benz club autocross in Winchester? Let me know & I'll check with Harry.

Ron

LarryIII
09-16-2002, 04:47 AM
How about OCt 13 ? Crab season will be just about over by then. We will have to go to SC for crabs in Nov.

SVXphile
09-17-2002, 09:17 PM
<We will have to go to SC for crabs in Nov>

Funny.....that's not what my high school coach used to tell us. :rolleyes: Don

SVXphile
09-17-2002, 09:21 PM
OK, Ron.....OK

You win....

...you beat me to 1300 posts...

...you are the man.

I will surrender the coveted "Inflated Windbag" trophy to you at some neutral location....

( I gotta slip something into that next case of wine...) :rolleyes:

Don

Ron Mummert
09-17-2002, 10:26 PM
How about OCt 13 ? Crab season will be just about over by then. We will have to go to SC for crabs in Nov.

Back to my original idea, which was to attend Harry's Benz-whuppin' ceremony. Early November ain't bad, since Don says he can't do the OC time frame due to a "blockage". If we can't do crabs, tell Rosie a tuna casserole is close enough.

1300+ "Let's roll"! - Ron.

SVXphile
09-18-2002, 05:03 PM
<Early November ain't bad, since Don says he can't do the OC time frame due to a "blockage">

Well, not "blocked" exactly....

....more like something in the way. :rolleyes: Don