PDA

View Full Version : Back Home - Great Meet, but Some Bad News

newsvx
07-23-2002, 11:14 AM
I am home in Northern Virginia now (1:00 PM on Tuesday) after a great ride with SVXCESS across country. We spent the night just west of Wheeling W. VA last night before making the last leg.

This was a fantastic weekend! Larry iii you did a wonderful job of organizing the meet! Three cheers for Larry - and Rosie too. We KNOW who did most of the work! I don't think it could have been much better -75 cars! Really tremendous! The only improvement could have been less HEAT, but I know even Larry can't control that!:D I think the idea for all of us to get together with a few "programed / scheduled" events was great. These kinds of things are supposed to get "people" together with a common interest, and let the people mingle with the people and get to know them. A strict schedule does not accomplish that! I enjoyed meeting people we just read about. Now I can say, hey, I know that person! And he's a cool guy / gal too. And such a neat car as well!
So thank you Larry. Most don't realize just how big a job it is to organize a meet, not to speak of such a large one. So thanks again! And so good to finally get to meet you and Rosie (well, Rosie, anyway!:D ). Great to meet all of you, and I can not wait until the next one!

And now the bad news. I found out last night when I called home that my youngest son totalled his '94 SVX (Blue) though no fault of his own. Kyle is fine, not even a bruise. He topped a hill on a highway and discovered a dumbie sitting in the left lane almost stopped. He hit him at less than 45MPH - air bag didn't even go off. I haven't seen the car yet, but I understand it got the radiator and left front suspension (and the hood, of course). I will provide an update after the insurance guy takes a look (and me too) and decides if it is bad enough to total.:(

Later,
Harry

Never2phat
07-23-2002, 02:02 PM
Sorry about the SVX but glad to hear Kyle is okay!!!!!!!!!!

:D B.C. :D

svxter
07-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Ouch!!! Glad he's OK.

Aredubjay
07-23-2002, 02:41 PM
Harry, see what happens when we leave the kids to their own devices.

Just kidding, of course. Tell Kyle how glad we all are that he's okay.

nubs
07-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Sorry to here about Kyle's car , I am glad he is OK. It was a pleasure to meet you and spend some time getting to know you a little. I can add you to the list of another great person I have met because of this wonderful car.

LarryIII
07-23-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by newsvx
I am home in Northern Virginia now (1:00 PM on Tuesday) after a great ride with SVXCESS across country. We spent the night just west of Wheeling W. VA last night before making the last leg.

This was a fantastic weekend! Larry iii you did a wonderful job of organizing the meet! Three cheers for Larry - and Rosie too. We KNOW who did most of the work! I don't think it could have been much better -75 cars! Really tremendous! The only improvement could have been less HEAT, but I know even Larry can't control that!:D I think the idea for all of us to get together with a few "programed / scheduled" events was great. These kinds of things are supposed to get "people" together with a common interest, and let the people mingle with the people and get to know them. A strict schedule does not accomplish that! I enjoyed meeting people we just read about. Now I can say, hey, I know that person! And he's a cool guy / gal too. And such a neat car as well!
So thank you Larry. Most don't realize just how big a job it is to organize a meet, not to speak of such a large one. So thanks again! And so good to finally get to meet you and Rosie (well, Rosie, anyway!:D ). Great to meet all of you, and I can not wait until the next one!

And now the bad news. I found out last night when I called home that my youngest son totalled his '94 SVX (Blue) though no fault of his own. Kyle is fine, not even a bruise. He topped a hill on a highway and discovered a dumbie sitting in the left lane almost stopped. He hit him at less than 45MPH - air bag didn't even go off. I haven't seen the car yet, but I understand it got the radiator and left front suspension (and the hood, of course). I will provide an update after the insurance guy takes a look (and me too) and decides if it is bad enough to total.:(

Later,
Harry

Harry,

Glad to hear that Kyle is A-OK.
To control the weather, I will contact my relatives in the Brooklyn SVX Club. Although accustomed to 'da heat', they will make the National Weather Service an offer it can't refuse. :D

Lorenzo de Tre'

SVXphile
07-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Harry,
First, we are so glad to hear Kyle is OK; sure sounded scary. Hope the car is repairable...

Second, it was great to see you again and ride to and from the dinner with you.....love the sound of that exaust!

Glad to are home safe and sound, and looking forward to seeing you at WV III.... :) Don and Jean

newsvx
07-25-2002, 05:08 AM
Don / Jean,
I tried to send you an e-mail but it bounced for some reason. But I wanted to say also how great it was to see you again (it has been a long time since the first "Snowshoe"). And to meet Jean finally. I hope she will be able to come to the upcoming WV III.

Great time with all the SVX folks. Randy hit the nail on the head when he said family. And to think such a wonderful car brought us all together!

Take care - and stay in touch.
Harry

ensteele
07-28-2002, 09:16 AM
Harry

I am so glad that Kyle was not hurt. You can replace a car, but not the person. I hope it can be repaired.
It was great meeting and getting to know you at the meet. I can put a face to the name, and it makes me smile when I can do that with members that are all over the US. This is a "GREAT GROUP OF MEMBERS" :)

newsvx
07-28-2002, 02:27 PM
Earl,
You got that right! Even a SVX can be replaced. I am so thankful Kyle wasn't hurt. He is, however, really bummed out about the SVX. But we are looking...

Great meeting you too. Saw your post after getting back home. A long trip for you. Super meeting Emmit too. I bet he has some memories of last wekend, doesn't he.
Stay in touch...
Harry

Ron Mummert
07-28-2002, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by newsvx
[B]Earl,
You got that right! Even a SVX can be replaced. I am so thankful Kyle wasn't hurt. He is, however, really bummed out about the SVX. But we are looking...

Harry - There were five SVXes advertised in the Wash. Post this weekend. Get with it!

Ron.

newsvx
07-28-2002, 07:34 PM
I have already called on the '96 - had to leave a message......

Yep, have to get with it.............
Harry

SvXit
08-01-2002, 10:48 AM
I have already called on the '96 - had to leave a message......

Yep, have to get with it.............
Harry

Harry, I'm a bit late to the dance, but as others have said, I'm glad to hear that Kyle is O.K. On a different note, a friend of mine mentioned that a '96 SVX was advertised in Sunday's Post... small, small world!

kuoh
08-01-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey SVXIT, were you one of the moderators over at the Yahoo club? It's been awhile and I can't remember for sure.

KuoH

newsvx
08-01-2002, 08:21 PM
SVXit
Good to hear from you. So glad you made the 10th Anniversary Meet too. Really good seeing you there!
Yes, I have called on the '96 in the Washington Post The fellow is going to have to be out of town for several weeks on unexpected family business - he'll probably put it back in the paper when he returns. I hope to look at it then. There was also 2-3 '92's in the paper. Can you imagine? 4 SVX's advertised in the same paper on one day!

Remember, next autocross at the end of this month! Gona come?
Harry

Ron Mummert
08-01-2002, 09:33 PM
SVXit
Good to hear from you. So glad you made the 10th Anniversary Meet too. Really good seeing you there!
Yes, I have called on the '96 in the Washington Post The fellow is going to have to be out of town for several weeks on unexpected family business - he'll probably put it back in the paper when he returns. I hope to look at it then. There was also 2-3 '92's in the paper. Can you imagine? 4 SVX's advertised in the same paper on one day!

Remember, next autocross at the end of this month! Gona come?
Harry

Hey Harry - as it stands right now, I'll join you that Sunday. Find me a helmet & I'll ride shotgun.

Ron.

newsvx
08-02-2002, 04:58 AM
Ron,
I have an extra helmet. And a better idea is that "I" will ride shotgun!;) Once you try it, you'll love it!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Harry

Ron Mummert
08-02-2002, 08:04 PM
Ron,
I have an extra helmet. And a better idea is that "I" will ride shotgun!;) Once you try it, you'll love it!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Harry

Great, Harry - I've never driven a '97 before! heh-heh.

Ron.

newsvx
08-04-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Great, Harry - I've never driven a '97 before! heh-heh.

Ron.

We'll talk .......;)

Harry

SvXit
08-07-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by kuoh
Hey SVXIT, were you one of the moderators over at the Yahoo club? It's been awhile and I can't remember for sure.

KuoH

Yep, that's the rumor. It has been extremely difficult to keep up with it. In fact, I got an e-mail from someone about something going on in there. The way they've changed the thing around and with all the ads bogging it down, I almost don't know where to begin. :(

SvXit
08-07-2002, 09:19 AM
SVXit
Good to hear from you. So glad you made the 10th Anniversary Meet too. Really good seeing you there! ... Remember, next autocross at the end of this month! Gonna come?
Harry

You know what, I haven't been to one in a while. I have to check on the exact date, but I think I'll give it a shot. I don't know that I'd run, but I definitely want to be there.

kuoh
08-07-2002, 10:18 AM
That e-mail was probably about the spamming going on over there. You might want to give Eddy or some other regular there admin powers so they can boot or delete those if you aren't planning to be around there much anymore.

KuoH

Originally posted by SvXit
Yep, that's the rumor. It has been extremely difficult to keep up with it. In fact, I got an e-mail from someone about something going on in there. The way they've changed the thing around and with all the ads bogging it down, I almost don't know where to begin. :(

Aredubjay
08-07-2002, 12:00 PM
That e-mail was probably about the spamming going on over there. You might want to give Eddy or some other regular there admin powers so they can boot or delete those if you aren't planning to be around there much anymore.

KuoH

Eddy?!?!?!:rolleyes:

Boone
08-07-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Eddy?!?!?!:rolleyes:

Hmm... yep, I've seen the legenary Eddycat occasionally. ;)

SvXit
08-14-2002, 12:49 PM

KuoH

Sorry for the lengthy delay, but I have done just that... you are now a moderator!

Aredubjay
08-14-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by SvXit

Sorry for the lengthy delay, but I have done just that... you are now a moderator!

Olu, good to "see" you. Wish we could've spent more time at the meet.

Congratulations, Kuo, on your promotion! :D

BTW Kuo, where the heck is Ray? Figured he'd be on here more after the "Big Meet." I mean, he had such a good time . . . probably too good of a time. :D

SvXit
08-15-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Olu, good to "see" you. Wish we could've spent more time at the meet.

Congratulations, Kuo, on your promotion! :D

BTW Kuo, where the heck is Ray? Figured he'd be on here more after the "Big Meet." I mean, he had such a good time . . . probably too good of a time. :D

It was nice to see you as well at the meet, and I also wish I could have stayed longer, but this pesky "gainful employment" issue reared its ugly head! :eek:

Should have shared moderation duties in Yahoo long ago, because I hardly have the time to stop in and read through all the postings. :(