PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary Pictures 10th Anniversary Meet

alanscouse
07-22-2002, 09:06 AM
To all who could not make it to the meet I have posted just a few of the 225 photos I took , in my personal locker . It was a fantastic weekend in which I met a lot of great new folks , including a strong contingent from Canada with visitors from as far away as Nova Scotia ( I think they hold the distance travelled record ) , Manitoba , Alberta and Ontario to say nothing of US visitors from Colorado , South Dakota ,Florida, Texas and the Carolinas , to mention only a few of the many states represented . The cars were awesome ! it is really something to see 75 or so SVX's lined up in one place .
Certainly this was the largest gathering of these cars in North America since the first boatload arrived from Japan back in late 1991 ! My weekend was capped off by the sight of a convoy of about 55 cars driving down Interstate 65 to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday morning . Too bad I couldn't stay over for the SIA plant tour scheduled for Monday .
I left directly after the Speedway Museum visit and missed saying farewell to many of you who attended , my apologies .
A special thanks to all those guys and gals who labored long and hard to make this the most successful meeting to date .

Regards to all : Alan.:)

ALsvx
07-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Alan,

I just checked out your 10th Anniversary pictures…. My car is featured in # 6 (Bordeaux Pearl), that’s my bald head looking in the trunk!

I had a really great time and enjoyed getting to meet everyone. Especially at the banquet, I sat with Scott (Bwana) and his dad and Nick (Mr. Pockets) and his family (his mom “Nick’s Mom” Wendy also has an SVX and drove up from Florida!).

I think the quote of the meet came from Randy’s opening remarks, “…I thought I was just buying a car, but ended up with a family”…. Enough said…..

Bill Fagan

wasions
07-22-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by ALsvx
Alan,

I just checked out your 10th Anniversary pictures…. My car is featured in # 6 (Bordeaux Pearl), that’s my bald head looking in the trunk!

I had a really great time and enjoyed getting to meet everyone. Especially at the banquet, I sat with Scott (Bwana) and his dad and Nick (Mr. Pockets) and his family (his mom “Nick’s Mom” Wendy also has an SVX and drove up from Florida!).

I think the quote of the meet came from Randy’s opening remarks, “…I thought I was just buying a car, but ended up with a family”…. Enough said…..

Bill Fagan

Heheh. I met Nick's mom before we even entered the hotel, and, heheh, ulp, heheh, called her 'Mary' all weekend. :o (heheh)

SVXphile
07-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Nice shots Alan!

Jean and I arrived safely home in West Virginia about 10PM, and we pray everyone gets home safe and sound from Lafayette.

What an fantastic meet....just too much to talk about at this hour and I'm getting pretty blurry-eyed. Will check in tomorrow....
Don

wawazat??
07-23-2002, 07:01 AM
I really enjoyed our banquet table discussion. What a great evening! Sorry I missed you on your way out of town.

Best regards,
Todd

Mr. Pockets
07-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by wasions

Heheh. I met Nick's mom before we even entered the hotel, and, heheh, ulp, heheh, called her 'Mary' all weekend. :o (heheh)

Yeah, I was sorta wondering about that...

nubs
07-23-2002, 03:27 PM
Hi Alan, like always, it was a pleasure talking to you again. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye.Hope to see you in Reading next year.

Take care of that rare blue car you have also
:)