PDA

View Full Version : 10th Anniversary meet

pekinilsvx
07-21-2002, 09:41 PM
My fiancee and I were there sign up at around 12:30 P.M. thought we were the 72nd car? It was fun hope we can get some pics from this meet! Also enjoyed the afternoon cruise there were 8 of us driving all over town!
Stevan & Holly

Bwana
07-21-2002, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I got separated from the group at a LONG red light. So I drove my Dad over to Purdue to show him the golf courses and dorm I stayed in for golf camp. We started heading back to the hotel, and caught up with you guys in the middle of the campus. Too bad that McDonalds didnt have ice cream (there was a Dairy Queen right down the road from the hotels....).

Had a very good time. It was weird seeing people that I've only talked to on here. Kind of like reading a book, then watching the movie. Only took like 15 pictures, but they should be in my locker tomorrow afternoon.

mohrds
07-22-2002, 10:00 PM
Amy & I enjoyed the afternoon cruise as well. At times I thought we were lost, then I realized that we were :D

The weekend was amazing. It was nothing like I expected and nothing could have kept me away.

This group of people is amazing. I didn't witness any hostility or rivalry, just people from all walks of life coming together as a family, connected by nothing more than a common love for the SVX.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. It was so damn hot and I couldn't stay outside all day long.

The late night conversations in the parking lot were very enchanting. It was like a group of old friends getting together after being apart for years, except many of us had never met before.

I hope this experience helps people find the time and the means to attend more meets because the group of people that I witnessed this past weekend is certainly the finest in the world.

Long live the SVX meets!

Doug

wawazat??
07-23-2002, 06:53 AM
Beautifully phrased and captures my thoughts exactly.

I truly enjoyed talking to you all.

Todd

SVXphile
07-23-2002, 11:16 AM
Doug.....I don't think anyone could have said it better!

It was a SUPER meet! :cool: Don

Andy
07-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Glad to see that you all had such a good time, the comments by Doug could have been written about our European meet. Must be something about a great car that attracts such great people.

I have loved looking at all of your meet pictures. Just wish that I could have been there in person and not just in heart. Some lovely cars but would look even better with a front plate. (And the wheel on the right side.)

Andy

Piston broke

svx1999
07-23-2002, 07:48 PM
Hello everyone
Glad to see most made it back home safely.. WIth out a doubt in this world. The meet was awesome. MY only regretts.. Well, sleeping like the dead not hearing my wake up call is one.. Plus the HEat... I've lived in GA for serveral years and I would almost say it was worse in indiana..

Everything was fine coming home. Other then I think I lost a bearing somewhere in TN... THings got real loud in the back.. :) it would be the bearing the dealer replaced not long ago, that goes first...

If I could turn back the clock I would have my arrival on Friday instead of saturday.
Even with the heat, the parking lot chats where that of old friends even though I didn't know a single one of U..
It was a simple pleasure to meet all of you that I could. Wish I could have meet all of you that were there..
ah BUt we can always Gather again.. Just say where.........

I too wish I had things signed by the designers, but sleeping like the dead ( and yes I've scared a friend a 2) doesn't get it done.
that's my own fault.

The dog was great on the trip. Even though she wasn't as social as she used to be... That's just her way of sitting back and watching folks.. maybe Next time I'll bring the younger one..

Larry you have my most high regards to organizing this meet. If you ever do it again, I have this funny idea you won't have as much trouble with SIA..... Or so it is my hope that WE do MEET again and SOON.. I truely enoyed meeting all the People who make up what is the most awesome SVX group there is..
To john shotsky thanks for the help on the wiring upgrade. The numbers speak for themselves....

Everybody was friendly and helpfull above that, just NICE to be around.. The meet is nothing I had expected. yet nothing could have stopped me from going and going again.. other then a wore out SVX...
If there is anything I can do to help in furture meets just Lemme know.
For future meets I'm taking the week prior OFF....... As that is what messed up most of my schedule. Just so long as I have my travleing companions..

Than kyou all for a great time.. Yeah yeah I missed most of it.. I was there though..

SVX1999
( Ryan)
one of the many crazy enough to show, and even crazier packing a dog in the back.

SHe's now had a run in the creek and Very happy to be home.. As is her son... seems he was very unhappy I was gone...
everythings right as rain now...... Other then a bearing failing.. No problems at all.. Car did wonderfully even at 80+... I don't think it liked doing 80mph at 4 hours a run.... might have been what killed the bearing.. Oh well Subaru can eat it..I just replaced it in Dec...... Actually Subaru can buy the part cause they are not going to put it on so in 6 months I can take it back.. (putting an end to this ugly cycle) what else are warranties good for!!!!!!!!

P.s
Idiana sure does have alot of troopers at every other bridge during the day..

take care to everyone...... Todd, Halston, Doug, jonathan, Larry, Colin, randy!.. FOr the few pictures I was able to grab ( kept forgetting) I will post them soon. I think between the heat and a long yet enjoyable drive I was throughly exhausted..
see NExt time..........
Can hardly wait til the next meet..
:p svx1999