PDA

View Full Version : Atmospheric sensor

SVX JAZZ
05-30-2001, 06:51 AM
What does this do? What happens to your car when this part goes bad?

Thanks

Aredubjay
05-30-2001, 11:22 AM
Jazz, this is a regulator that reads elevation, and adjusts your car's air intake accordingly. If you're driving in higher elevations, it allows more air to the intake, vice versa for the lower elevations. If it broke, it would depend at what elevation you were driving, when it malfunctioned, as to "what would happen."

SVX JAZZ
05-30-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Jazz, this is a regulator that reads elevation, and adjusts your car's air intake accordingly. If you're driving in higher elevations, it allows more air to the intake, vice versa for the lower elevations. If it broke, it would depend at what elevation you were driving, when it malfunctioned, as to "what would happen."

Thanks Randy,

This is dumb... but I noticed it cranked better when we had a low-pressure front go through. You know it was kinda cool, misty and rainy for a few days. My car would fire up as soon as I hit the key. I have wanted to get the injectors checked for a long time but the wife has been out of work so we have been prioritizing things. I have learned to mash the gas pedal when I crank the car. Starts fine then.
I am going to try the "home test" you posted on another thread and see what codes come up.

Later,