PDA

View Full Version : Speaker wire into door speakers

1986nate
04-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey I am in the process of putting in new speakers and am wondering how people ran new speaker wire into the doors. On previous cars I have always just been able to run the new wire through where all the stock wiring goes from the door into the car. However, on the SVX it doesn't seem like there's any room to run any more wires into the car that way. So just wondering how anyone else ran the wires while still having a clean appearance.

Thanks, Nate

redlightningsvx
04-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I just spliced the new speakers wire into the old wire inside the door with no problems in sound quality.

1986nate
04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
That might be what I do but I guess I should have clarified, I have a set of components for the front and so I would have to splice into the wire twice in order to wire up to the crossovers.

Green1995SVX
04-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Nate-

I tied some wire to a coat hanger and fished it through the rubber boot. It wasn't easy, but there is room in there. :)

1986nate
04-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Nate-

I tied some wire to a coat hanger and fished it through the rubber boot. It wasn't easy, but there is room in there. :)

Really!? alright, thanks for that, guess I'll just have to take my time.

I've got a ton to do to this car...I found a nice puddle in my trunk so I pulled the tail lights off, fixing the rust, installing a stereo... WIll it ever end:confused::(

Crazy_pilot
04-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Really!? alright, thanks for that, guess I'll just have to take my time.

I've got a ton to do to this car...I found a nice puddle in my trunk so I pulled the tail lights off, fixing the rust, installing a stereo... WIll it ever end:confused::(

It never ends. Either you're working to make the car exactly what you want it to be, or you're fixing something to keep it just the way you want it to be.:lol: There is no known cure.

Johnybeas
05-01-2009, 04:02 AM
It never ends. Either you're working to make the car exactly what you want it to be, or you're fixing something to keep it just the way you want it to be.:lol: There is no known cure.
+1 seriously I started making a mod budget in excel to try and see how much I'm really looking at putting into my car and the list is ridiculous!!!! That doesn't even count the things I'm going to have to do to maintain it!

Speedklix
05-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Nate-

Ditto... cut the hanger a bit so it isn't too much longer than you really need... think of the whole thing like a needle and thread. I use tape to wrap around the wires and smooth it out. Pull the car end of the boot/conduit off, it will make it much esier to manuever the wire through.. I also cheat and cut a small hole where I feel the coat hanger poking once it clears inside the door instead of fighting with the mess of wires in there.

IceBlade
05-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Couldn't you just tie it to the old wire and pull it through?