PDA

View Full Version : Official invite for MD/VA/PA/WVA etc.

Endlesshine
07-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Ron. I'm a member of the I-club, that is, Impreza Club. I thought I'd invite you all to a meet I'm coordinating. I bit about myself: I'm 25 years old. I bought my 2002 Impreza WRX last July and it's the best car I've ever owned.

I want every body with a Subaru to show up for this. It will be FUN!! The plan is to have a scenic drive accross the Maryland pan handle. Caravan through the small country towns, cruise up and down mountain roads. The trip will take us approximately 320 miles accross Maryland, WVA, VA.

Points of special interest will be Deep Creek Lake, Blackwater Falls, and Canaan Valley. We will stop for a picnic (Bring Your Own) somewhere around the Blackwater Falls/Canaan area I think (maybe Deep Creek for lunch on the shore).

The starting point/meeting place will be Mt. Airy, MD. The Food Lion/Jimmy Cone parking lot is an excellent and popular place for car clubs to meet. We will then caravan through to Frederick and head west from there. At Deep Creek Lake we head south to Canaan Valley, then back east towards VA,MD.

Obviously I-club members (and SVX club members) come from all over the tri-state area, so your starting points and ending points may differ if you choose not to start and end at the official points. We can pick people up and detach people along the way- no problem, but it would be nice if everyone could stick through the whole thing.

I'll see what I can do about getting Subaru logo stickers or T-shirts together for participants.

Post your interest on this thread. Email me at
rsever@prodigy.net for directions to the Mt. Airy meeting place. I can post the turn by turn if anybody needs it.

Lets have fun, be safe, and turn heads!!

-Ron (endlesshine)

SVXMAN2001
07-24-2002, 10:23 AM
hey ron, maybe i missed it but when is this meet? Sounds really cool
chris

Endlesshine
07-24-2002, 10:42 AM
Ha! I guess it would be important to know what day to show up for huh? Sorry about that, slight oversight in my cut-and-paste!

August 18th is the date.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris, you coming from NY??

And for the record, I didn't mean to make this sound like an official Subaru thing, because it's not. Its a bunch of us subie-guys/gals looking for fellowship and a good time!! So far I've got 10 cars lined up, still trying for more. Unfortunately, another WRX owner has posted a picnic/car show deal on the same day:mad:

-Ron

Endlesshine
08-07-2002, 02:53 PM
BUMP

Just a reminder that the I-club is meeting for this rally at 9am on Sunday August 18th. So far, we've got 12 cars committed. however, the post has received 340+ views since last month so I figure some lurkers are gonna show up. Besides that, I've managed to get my hands on some Subaru WRX t-shirts direct from the dealership. Hopefully that motivates some of the folks to come down.

This should be pretty fun. My first road rally and looking forward to it. Here is the link for the thread on i-club:

road rally thread on i-club (http://forums.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216745)

This thread contains directions to the meet. I'm currently scanning the mapped route and can distribute it by email w/in a couple of days.

Hope to see you all there!

Ron Mummert
08-07-2002, 09:13 PM
Hello, Ron. You may want to consider that our response has been somewhat subdued by the fact that a lot of us just got back from the Big 3 day 10th anniversary SVX event in Indiana, & have been "met" to death. We also do a fall meet called Snowshoe that covers much of the same geography in WVA that you will be doing. However, don't give up, & think we're snobs. We enjoy meeting other Suby folks & car enthusiasts in general. We just need to take a few deep breaths.
Please keep us posted as to your scheduled gatherings.

The other Ron.

Endlesshine
08-08-2002, 07:33 AM
aaah, for a sec I thought we were'nt good enough for you:rolleyes:

I understand. I don't browse your forums so I did not know all these meets were going on. That's great that you guys do so much! Our Mid-A Region is still young. We're growing and trying to get things organized so everyone can get a chance to meet each other.

We have meets every friday night at the Barnes and Noble at 355. Yes, there are a lot of young, immature brats with crazy cars and crazy attitudes but it's otherwise a comfortable atmosphere- plus Starbucks right there for coffee;)

Tomorrow night we're doing a huge photo shoot, should be fun.
Well, good luck all.
Ron