PDA

View Full Version : Coming / not Coming / ???........

mark10t
07-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Bummer!! We're getting down to the wire on 'The Meet' and me and the missus still have WAY too much to do to get packed and moved out of our present house (with 15 years of 'stuff') into our new (still unfinished) house. We're 'closing' on our present home sale on the 29th and we're hemming and hawing about making the trip. At best, we'll be coming down for an abbrieviated visit (travel Friday, see everyone Saturday, go back late Saturday); at worst we won't be coming at all.

I am sorry to say that we will be relinquishing our attendance regardless at the plant tour, so our 'slots' are up for grabs. I hope this is good news for someone else that was hoping to get on the tour yet.

My apologies to Larryiii for working to get us on the list in the first place and now having to back out.

If we don't end up coming at all, we have a reservation at the Homewood Suites that could be made available for someone that needs it. (I don't know if they're 'booked up' yet or not).

We'll hope to decide by Wed. or Thurs.

-Mark

(duplicate post from Plant Tour)

Aredubjay
07-16-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by mark10t
Bummer!! We're getting down to the wire on 'The Meet' and me and the missus still have WAY too much to do to get packed and moved out of our present house (with 15 years of 'stuff') into our new (still unfinished) house. We're 'closing' on our present home sale on the 29th and we're hemming and hawing about making the trip. At best, we'll be coming down for an abbrieviated visit (travel Friday, see everyone Saturday, go back late Saturday); at worst we won't be coming at all.

I am sorry to say that we will be relinquishing our attendance regardless at the plant tour, so our 'slots' are up for grabs. I hope this is good news for someone else that was hoping to get on the tour yet.

My apologies to Larryiii for working to get us on the list in the first place and now having to back out.

If we don't end up coming at all, we have a reservation at the Homewood Suites that could be made available for someone that needs it. (I don't know if they're 'booked up' yet or not).

We'll hope to decide by Wed. or Thurs.

-Mark

(duplicate post from Plant Tour)

Dammit Mark, get a grip! A little R&R will do you some good. Lighten up, and let your hair down for a weekend. You deserve the break. :D

Ron Mummert
07-16-2002, 09:57 PM
Try for the "at least abbreviated" version, Mark. A house goes on forever. An SVX meet of this magnitude - momentary & priceless.

Ron.

mark10t
07-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Double, double Bummer!!!!

Well, my SVX, unfortunately, made my decision for me on the upcoming 'Meet' trip. I've got a factory guy in town for most of the week and noticed on a number of occasions today while making customer sales calls a 'surging' or type of hesitation in the car. It could be as simple as a bad tank of gas or it could be some kind of expensive computer or powertrain problem. Anyway- long story/short- I just can't take the risk of going on a 1200 mile trip and have some kind of major problem/expense/delay enroute. Alternatively, I don't have the extra time to fully troubleshoot it before we go and gamble that I've found and completely cured the problem.

We are going to have to cancel our plans in entirety to attend 'The Meet'. If our two 'spaces' on the SIA tour on Monday allow someone else to attend that otherwise would have been excluded, I will be very happy to oblige. If someone was hoping to still get a reservation at the Homewood Suites and couldn't get a reservation because of 'no vacancy', I will be very happy to make the suite available to a fellow SVX'er. I will be calling them yet this evening to advise them of our cancellation.

I'll sincerely miss meeting so many of my SVX compatriots. I urge you all to have a great time and cherish the friendships you'll forge at this get-together. Lift your glasses in a toast to our unfortunate absence and wish us luck in my SVX diagnosis, our household 'move' and the eventual completion of our new home.

Best of luck to you, my SVX friends! Have a great 'Meet'.

-Mark

P.S.- take lots of pictures to share with us 'unfortunates'.

(double-posted)

Aredubjay
07-17-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by mark10t
Double, double Bummer!!!!

Well, my SVX, unfortunately, made my decision for me on the upcoming 'Meet' trip. I've got a factory guy in town for most of the week and noticed on a number of occasions today while making customer sales calls a 'surging' or type of hesitation in the car. It could be as simple as a bad tank of gas or it could be some kind of expensive computer or powertrain problem. Anyway- long story/short- I just can't take the risk of going on a 1200 mile trip and have some kind of major problem/expense/delay enroute. Alternatively, I don't have the extra time to fully troubleshoot it before we go and gamble that I've found and completely cured the problem.

We are going to have to cancel our plans in entirety to attend 'The Meet'. If our two 'spaces' on the SIA tour on Monday allow someone else to attend that otherwise would have been excluded, I will be very happy to oblige. If someone was hoping to still get a reservation at the Homewood Suites and couldn't get a reservation because of 'no vacancy', I will be very happy to make the suite available to a fellow SVX'er. I will be calling them yet this evening to advise them of our cancellation.

I'll sincerely miss meeting so many of my SVX compatriots. I urge you all to have a great time and cherish the friendships you'll forge at this get-together. Lift your glasses in a toast to our unfortunate absence and wish us luck in my SVX diagnosis, our household 'move' and the eventual completion of our new home.

Best of luck to you, my SVX friends! Have a great 'Meet'.

-Mark

P.S.- take lots of pictures to share with us 'unfortunates'.

(double-posted)

:(