PDA

View Full Version : LAN's S/C....drivability?

zavikan
03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm looking into the stage 3 S/C of LAN's (used). I have seen the S/C's swap around members every once in a while, and kind of wonder why...

I am looking for weekend curvy bumpy country road cruiser, that when I put down the gas pedal everyonce in a while, I get a nice little thrill. The SVX provides that, but I would like it to be a bit BIGGER thrill when I push down that gas.

From those who have had it and have it, what are the Cons of this kit? from every angle. drivability to fuel economy to noise to what ever.

sicksubie
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
lots of :D:D:D:D and :eek:....

The car goes like snot and once some kinks are worked out it is a pretty reliable upgrade. Two things though.. I would get a Hydra if you can afford it and I would run a meth injection system....

mikecg
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM
I seem to go through belts a little faster then I should. I'm, also, a little concerned about my altenator location. The 6-speed conversion I have has had a larger effect on the drivability of the car then the S/C kit though. The gearing is too tight for a S/C system. Also, I had issues with the S/C pulley rubbing the hood, which could be a issue on rough roads as well.

JaySVX
03-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't personally have it, but I rode in YT's, with the 6speed, and it was quick. It was exactly the extra "pep" that I had always wished my SVX had, but didn't. I can't speak directly for YT either, but I never heard of him complaining of going through belts either. Tom did say that it would be rough for daily driving, rowing through as many gears as it had. I'm sure he'll be around later to chime in on this one.