PDA

View Full Version : CarFax, oh please, oh please, oh please?

UberRoo
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
It seems a bit sacrilegious to request a CarFax for a Toyota on a Subaru forum. I feel like I can find my way around a Subie just fine, but I'm kinda lost when it comes to Yotas.

Anybody want to be my personal temporary hero?

VIN: JT3HJ85J2T0138616

subeman90
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
kind of funny...it was here local to me before it went out to your neck of the woods.

http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailReport.do?a=A0Vj1vyMH7Spt4EJpMqO0yqTCxeXy UWb7vf1YwazeaxIcX5x2qyAptbDgDaCTSi3&language=EN

UberRoo
01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks!

Interesting history. English is not the seller's first language, so this is a lot like buying something at auction.

Kinda makes me wonder what sort of "rear impact with another motor vehicle" that was. The only thing I could detect was a cosmetic repair to the driver's D-pillar. Everything else looked solid. The damage to the pillar is about four or five feet off the ground - not exactly bumper height. It was a minor dent and nicely repaired.

Second owner drove it two thousand miles across the country and sold it a year later. Third (and current) owner keeps it for six years. That's a lot longer than "a couple of years" as was implied to me.

Good information to have. Again, thank you.

Mike621
01-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I like Landcruisers of that body style. Have you already made the purchase?

UberRoo
01-31-2009, 10:46 AM
I like Landcruisers of that body style. Have you already made the purchase?

I hand the check over tomorrow. Hello factory e-lockers!

Natually, I really dig them too. Amazing vehicles. Built like tanks with crazy-good reliability. Off road ability is second only to a Jeep Rubicon, but without all the other shortcomings. Okay, maybe a Glendawagon is comparable, but versions with horsepower and differential locks are still a bit spendy.

They started making the FZJ-80 in1989 and they still made them until 2008 in Venezuela. Began life as a military vehicle and in parts of the world it's still used that way today.

If I like this one enough, I may have to get a second one for trashing on the trails...