PDA

View Full Version : lighting up the rear centerpiece

squiggy
07-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Is it (easily) possible to get the rear centerpiece that says "subaru svx" lit up like Pontiac does with their cars??
--Has anyone already tried it?
--How hard was it?
--Any pics??
Thanx 4 da info----Squiggy

Aredubjay
07-04-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by squiggy
Is it (easily) possible to get the rear centerpiece that says "subaru svx" lit up like Pontiac does with their cars??
--Has anyone already tried it?
--How hard was it?
--Any pics??
Thanx 4 da info----Squiggy

Squiggy, if I'm not mistaken, Brian Steele has undertaken this project with success. You might try PM'ing him.

squiggy
07-04-2002, 12:12 PM
is there a thread of this in here...can't find it

Seraph
07-04-2002, 01:05 PM
It can be done but it is difficult. I myself have a camera on that location. The thing is you dont have much room in that area. and the place is really flat.

I can post pics of that if you want.

Lwin

Bwana
07-04-2002, 01:39 PM
I might attempt this project later this summer.

My plan is to tie in some little lights into the license plate lights, so that they light up like a rear foglight.

Seraph
07-04-2002, 02:04 PM
Scott.
I am putting a combo light panel in the reverse lights. One for reverse and one for fog light. That would be interesting. But we'll have to wait and see how that goes. I just washed my 94 and I am in the process of taking apart the 92 for the 94 now. YOu can come over if you want.

Lwin

Bwana
07-04-2002, 02:32 PM
Gonna have to decline, sorry. We're going to a friends house for fireworks at like 4-4:30

SHISVX
07-05-2002, 12:23 PM
i was thinking about doing this little project too. after finding out how small the space was from Lwin (the human svx encyclopedia) i was thinking of investing into a sheet of LED's. they would be small enough to fit and i wouldn't have to change them ever again. the sheets are more expensive than the bulbs, but i think i would rather work with that.

Kelli

squiggy
07-07-2002, 04:40 AM
shisvx--
when you find out how much the parts would be please shed that insight over to me--thanx squiggy

Jamsvx
07-07-2002, 09:26 PM
I have seen flat sheets of iridescent material being cut to form logo's from a 'rice' type outfit here - I have made some inquiries but still awaiting an answer.

Regards

James

Seraph
07-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Jamsvx
I have seen flat sheets of iridescent material being cut to form logo's from a 'rice' type outfit here - I have made some inquiries but still awaiting an answer.

Regards

James

What do they look like? Can you describe them a little more?
Thanks.

Lwin

mohrds
07-08-2002, 09:44 AM
<<What do they look like? Can you describe them a little more?>>

Think of the indiglo guages without the markings...

Doug

squiggy
07-17-2002, 07:41 PM
how much $$???