PDA

View Full Version : 5 Speed swap discount

TomsSVX
12-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey all, while Laserx's son did his 5mt swap, the questions were rolling in. It really made me realize how bad I really need to revise and re-write my 5/6mt writeup with more current pictures and instructions.... I am offering $500 off the installation costs of a 5/6mt swap so I can document it for the new write-up... Let me know if you are interested.

Tom

plainjanesvx
12-21-2008, 07:51 AM
I've been considering doing this swap and have been keeping an eye on donor WRXs; just don't know if I have the time. How long did it take you and how much did you have in mind to do the swap?

TomsSVX
12-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Usually it takes a bout a week to get it completely done.... I have been able to do them in a day or two barring any problems or missing comonents. But I usually list the lead time to 5 business days. It usually costs $2000+parts for the install & kit. This time it is 1500 if you supply all the parts.

Tom

evilsvx
12-28-2008, 09:39 AM
hi tom, i would like to know if you also can do 6sp swap. i want to use a tranny from a 2007 sti. thanks

TomsSVX
12-28-2008, 09:43 AM
hi tom, i would like to know if you also can do 6sp swap. i want to use a tranny from a 2007 sti. thanks

Yes, I have a 6mt in my SVX and have converted two others to 6mt as well. The discount is still applicable considering they use mostly the same parts & procedures.

Tom

evilsvx
12-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Yes, I have a 6mt in my SVX and have converted two others to 6mt as well. The discount is still applicable considering they use mostly the same parts & procedures.

Tom
sweet. what parts do i need to get for the swap besides the tranny. thanks again

TomsSVX
12-28-2008, 10:34 AM
sweet. what parts do i need to get for the swap besides the tranny. thanks again

-Trans
-flywheel
-Clutch (disc, pressure plate, release bearing)
-Rear diff
-Rear axles
-Master and slave cylinders
-Shift Linkage(optional)
-Pedals (optional)
-Shift knob and boot

Thats should be about it

Tom

evilsvx
12-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Tom

-Trans
-flywheel
-Clutch (disc, pressure plate, release bearing)
-Rear diff
-Rear axles
-Master and slave cylinders
-Shift Linkage(optional)
-Pedals (optional)
-Shift knob and boot

Thats should be about it

Tom

sweet man. time to find those parts and save up money for the swap. this is going to be my first mod for my svx