PDA

View Full Version : Touch up Paint availability

Arthur-UK
07-01-2002, 05:04 PM
I have a few paint chips on the bonnet edge and I have been told by two Subaru main dealers that the touch up kits (in the colour I need) are no longer available in the UK. The paint code is 517 this is a metalic dark green. I can get the colour mixed to order, but I wondered if anyone had any local stock of this kit since it would be easy to post.

svxistentialist
07-08-2002, 05:46 PM
Hi Arthur

I see you have no replies to this, and I am not able to help also I'm afraid.

If you send a PM[private message] to PaddlesNZ, he is based in Gunma Japan, home of the SVX factory, he would find your touch-up canister if it was available in Japan. Go to his personal locker, and click PM.

Are you selling your A610? I saw a website on What Car or some other site suspiciously like your car.

Joe:) :)

ensteele
07-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Arthur

I have a link to a place that sells touch paint in spray cans or bottles. They have colors of all makes and models of cars. They have paint for the SVX as well. You go to make, model and year, and choose which one you need. I will try to get the link to the company in the next day or so - it is on my office computer, and not here at home. :mad:

Good luck.:)

Boone
07-08-2002, 08:18 PM
Art,
This site has your paint. :D

http://www.paintscratch.com

(probably the same site, Earl) ;)

paddlesnz
07-08-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Arthur-UK
I have a few paint chips on the bonnet edge and I have been told by two Subaru main dealers that the touch up kits (in the colour I need) are no longer available in the UK. The paint code is 517 this is a metalic dark green. I can get the colour mixed to order, but I wondered if anyone had any local stock of this kit since it would be easy to post.

Touch up kits still available from Subaru Japan for paint code 517 (Bright Green Mica).

Let me know if you want me to get you one.

paddlesnz
JAPAN

ensteele
07-08-2002, 11:37 PM
Thanks Boone

Yes, that is the site. I just couldn't think of what the site was when I needed to. Like they always say - "The mind is the first to go, and I can't remember what the second thing was!":confused: :rolleyes:

Arthur-UK
07-09-2002, 09:24 AM
Thanks for helping, dont you just love the Web, you can always find what you want.

Paintscratch.com does have the colour, I f I order a 2oz touch up in 517 and a 2 oz clearcoat it is $32.

Can paddlesnz give me an idea of the cost in Japan, I can make a transfer using Paypal if the pricing is attractive. But if its a lot of hassle I can at least order from the above.

Joe - yes It is my A610 you have seen, I am looking for something else. I have also just bought a Forester, its a Japanese Import 1999 S20 (1998cc non turbo) with only 7000kms, its like new.

Arthur

paddlesnz
07-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Arthur-UK
Can paddlesnz give me an idea of the cost in Japan, I can make a transfer using Paypal if the pricing is attractive. But if its a lot of hassle I can at least order from the above.

Arthur

1/2 oz. touch up paint from Subaru Japan is Y700 (US$6).

paddlesnz
JAPAN

Arthur-UK
07-16-2002, 02:46 PM
Paddlesnz, is it possible to post a touch up kit to England ? send me a PM if you can help, if its a lot of hassle no problem.

Arthur