PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Any SVX with bad trans, but decent body.

RS22b
11-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Looking for any year, any color SVX with a bad trans or bad rear.

Motor doesnt need to be in great shape, but would prefer it to be in good running order.

Car must be complete!

My GF is looking for a new eproject car and we landed on using an SVX for this particular experiment!

SVX is one of the only Subaru models i havent owned yet and would like to add one to the collection of 10 i have right now! hehe.

_billy

mikecg
11-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Wish I had found you guy's while I was living in Jersey. I might have actually finished my car. Instead I now have a slightly modded car with about $10K in parts sitting in my garage waiting for someone to buy everything and finish it.

norcalsvx
11-13-2008, 11:44 PM
road trip

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46834

major7venth
11-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I have a 92' (Claret/Black) dark grey leather. Has minor left rear body side swipe. Car is complete other than, trans. and stock front left and right wheels. 107K miles. Engine runs good. Everything seems to work other than, A/C has no pressure and may need A/C condensor. AirBag was deployed, and repaired with custom leather cover and is un-noticable other than airbag light is on. Car is Located in Hayden, Idaho. 83835.

iizbeastie
11-15-2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46738
http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq90/iizbeastie/SVX/

It doesn't really qualify as "bad trans" but mine is for sale and in need of a brake band adjustment:) It does need minor body work so as a project crusade it would be great for beginner practice :rolleyes:

lorienleigh
11-18-2008, 07:02 PM
My husband and I are out in Long Island, NY and we're looking to sell our SVX for a very reasonable price! The transmission is good for now, but everything else seems to be going on it: rear struts and springs, rear sway bar, front/left lower ball joint, and front sway bar links. If you're interested let me know!

SVX-FF
11-19-2008, 10:42 AM
sent you a PM

Steve

LiquidForce
11-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I have one with a decent body and no tranny for 800.

Can be seen in this thread. (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47010)

RS22b
12-03-2008, 10:16 AM
thanks for the heads up all. I really dont want to go too far out of my way to get one. I know that there are plenty around here that i can get my hands on.

Sent PM's to those i was interested in.

Thanks
_billy

TheRightWingSVX
12-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Tranny just went out in my 92' Claret/Black SVX. Engine in good shape, replaced the cam, crank, temp, radiator, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, among other things recently. Tires in good shape. Interior good. ECU Tune chip. Body is in good shape other than a little paint on the passengers door. I repaired a scratch and the clear coat did not turn out right, but it does not ook terrible. No other body damage. Ran mobil 1 synthetic the whole time I have had it. I am just looking to cover the towing fees. If you or anyone else is interested pm me or e-mail me.

telondia24
12-28-2008, 06:40 PM
my transmission went out on me and the part that i need for it is gonna cost i believe 1200 but right now i dont have the money but if i have this correct you want to buy any svx with a bad trans. please respond back

92alcyonesvx
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
I have a complete 92, in running and inspected order. slight rust around rear wheel wells, and power steering leak. I am looking to trade it for 95+ legacy or impreza ideally i would like a impreza outback sport. I would also consider selling it or trading for others.

located in selinsgrove PA

Stock_Svx_owner
01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
1992 suburu svx needs tranny work - $1000
Vehicle Information and Details
1992 Subaru SVX

Our Price: $1000
Mileage: 180k
Engine: 6 Cylinder
Automatic

Installed Features
# 4 Wheel Disc Brakes
# Air Conditioning
# Leather Seats
# Cruise Control
# Custom Wheels
# Intermittent Wipers
# Rear Defroster
# Power Windows
# Power Locks

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ctd/999138666.html

This is not my car, I just saw it on craigslist and thought some1 might want it

NACZ3
02-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Not sure if you're still looking but I'm in San Diego. I love my pearl white 1992 Subaru LS-L but the transmission just took a major dump on me and it's in my mechanics lot. The transmission was rebuilt with shift kit by DRW Transmission in San Diego in 2001.

It is a 1992 with a good body (it has been hit twice in the right rear fender--not my fault :( but repaired each time under insurance). The drive axle in new (one of four in the country). I can post/send photos

I'm not sure what's up with the tranny. All the fluid leaked out last Saturday while I was driving and coasting to the side of the road to get safely out of traffic may have finished off the tranny).

The 2 front wheel bearings also need replacing. If you're interested please let me know. I'm going to be posting it in FS here soon.