PDA

View Full Version : Strut Bars/brace for SVX?

Johnybeas
11-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know if anyone makes them?? Do STI or Impreza bars fit??

SVXRide
11-06-2008, 12:53 PM
"Search" is your friend (we really don't benefit from the use of strut bars due to the construction of the SVX's frame) :D
-Bill

Johnybeas
11-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I dunno how I searched before but couldn't find anything, just thought it was weird that I didn't see anything, its such a common suspension item amung many tuner and built cars. Also though I was looking at sway bars too... are they available yet? I'll continue to search...

SVXRide
11-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Here's one old thread

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44713&highlight=Front+Strut+Bar

-Bill

XT6Wagon
11-07-2008, 07:09 AM
I know on my STi it liked having a strut tower bar despite them being right next to the firewall.... Or rather it liked having a plate bolted to the top of the tower to help stop it from moving up and down like the cap to a open bottle of Snapple. That was with pillowball upper mounts not with the traditional rubber mounts that already have a decent amount of play in them by design.

Point is, somethings are good mods for certain setups and some mods are not very useful.

So if you want a strut tower bar, justify it by getting a good suspension and rubber under there so you are putting some real stress on the tower.

'E'
11-07-2008, 04:41 PM
i have purchased a sti strut brace for my svx so i'll let you know how i go

Johnybeas
11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
plannin on doing a Koni build, and upgrading a few things, if the sti one works, that'd be cool, I might get it last or whatever, maybe not even get it just depends on how much it costs, I have a lot of other mods I really wanna do, I.E. built motor, turbo, class glass hood, n well the list goes on......

LetItSnow
11-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Look at the linked thread, realize that a strut brace for the front or rear of the car holds no strength merit, decide if it's worth it to add mass to your SVX in order to achieve useless bling, then work out whether to rip out your wallet.

There's no reason for this piece to exist for an SVX beyond (perceived) aesthetics. In an S2000 it's plenty more sensible - look how far the strut towers are from the firewall:
http://images.turbomagazine.com/events/0208tur_06z+honda_s2000+engine_view.jpg
In the thread linked above, iirc, there is a picture of the rather naked body of the SVX on an assembly line showing that there is a fairly solid structural member running the width of the car at the firewall, and a quick peek under your hood should show the proximity of the strut towers to the firewall.

Put the money into your suspension. Don't waste your time with this.

Motorsport-SVX
11-18-2008, 10:06 PM
our front upper strut bar should be done in a few days
and ready to ship in about a week.