PDA

View Full Version : Good SVX mechanic in Toronto?

Erik
11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Still doing my SVX research before I buy. I am wondering if anyone knows a very knowledgeable and competent VX mechanic in the Toronto area. Really don't want to drive down to West Virginia for all of my repairs.... :)

svxfiles
11-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Thank you.:)
It does not look like New Jersey or Connecticut are any closer.:(
Tom

Erik
11-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Thank you.:)
It does not look like New Jersey or Connecticut are any closer.:(
Tom

Tom,
As I was looking at your website and reading about the stuff you do around these parts, my mental want list easily topped $2000. That was just for starters.
You know, there is merit in the idea of taking the drive down there and having you give whatever I get a good going over. Hoses, lines, belts, tuning stuff, etc. Be nice to have it in the hands of someone who really know what they are doing!
First, I have to find a car! :)

svxfiles
11-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Tom,
As I was looking at your website and reading about the stuff you do around these parts, my mental want list easily topped $2000. That was just for starters.
You know, there is merit in the idea of taking the drive down there and having you give whatever I get a good going over. Hoses, lines, belts, tuning stuff, etc. Be nice to have it in the hands of someone who really know what they are doing!
First, I have to find a car! :)

What color, what year, and how much do you want to spend?
You might be able to buy one already done.:)

Erik
11-02-2008, 09:54 AM
What color, what year, and how much do you want to spend?
You might be able to buy one already done.:)

Colour (thats color to you folks), isn't a huge issue. Would prefer a later rather than earlier model. Definitely want leather, sunroof, etc.

Spend? As little as possible, of course! :)

DarknessofDeath
12-30-2008, 03:04 PM
answer is no. everybody rips you off and they suck at working on svx's.
no brainer - dont take your car to subaru.

if you want anybody to work on it.. you can look for Iian at planet motorsports. (or something like that). he's a mech and a rally driver. he's the guy that does the 6MT swaps in the svx's (locally - however he's in geulph). he doesn't do 5mt anymore.

if you are going 6mt route. it'd cost you $8000 - just to let you know ~