PDA

View Full Version : McCain turns to Russia for fundraising???

Stilor
10-20-2008, 10:52 AM
http://www.un.int/russia/new/MainRoot/docs/press/201008eprel.htm

RSVX
10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
So, a form letter sent to a possible employee of Russia's delegation to the United Nations, is McCain asking Russia for campaign money?

Nice try.

lhopp77
10-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Do a little research and you will find that this is a hoax and actually prepared by democrats in an attempt to embarrass McCain.

Lee

Stilor
10-20-2008, 12:51 PM
So, a form letter sent to a possible employee of Russia's delegation to the United Nations, is McCain asking Russia for campaign money?

"Possible employee" is the head of the delegation, Vitaly Churkin. And anyway, I thought contributions from foreign citizens/organizations are prohibited, aren't they? Why did they send a "form letter" to a head of foreign mission in the UN at all?

Stilor
10-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Do a little research and you will find that this is a hoax and actually prepared by democrats in an attempt to embarrass McCain.

Pointers, please? At least, the letter appeared on the official site of the Russian delegation to the UN - so I think it's safe to assume they indeed received it. I admit I cannot reliably tell whether this letter originated at McCain's campaign, though.

RSVX
10-20-2008, 01:04 PM
"Possible employee" is the head of the delegation, Vitaly Churkin. And anyway, I thought contributions from foreign citizens/organizations are prohibited, aren't they? Why did they send a "form letter" to a head of foreign mission in the UN at all?

Most mass mailings grab a pool of addresses and shoot from the hip.

Something tells me a New York address would have been included in the list.

Stilor
10-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Most mass mailings grab a pool of addresses and shoot from the hip.

Probably, and that was my version as well. However, aren't they supposed to mail such fundraising requests to registered voters only?

By the way, I haven't got a single mail asking for campaign contribution from either candidate. I was assuming that's because I never registered to vote (I am not a US citizen).

ensteele
10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Probably, and that was my version as well. However, aren't they supposed to mail such fundraising requests to registered voters only?

By the way, I haven't got a single mail asking for campaign contribution from either candidate. I was assuming that's because I never registered to vote (I am not a US citizen).

That is probably the reason. :o