PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Jefferson....still holds true

demonsvx
10-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Words of Wisdom still hold true.........even today. There is a reason there are only 4 Presidents on Mt Rushmore.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency,
first by inflation,then by deflation,
the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
The issuing issuance of the currency power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
- Thomas Jefferson
AND
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
- Thomas Jefferson
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/69/211381137_34aaa64506.jpg

subi-crosser
10-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Words of Wisdom still hold true.........even today. There is a reason there are only 4 Presidents on Mt Rushmore.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency,
first by inflation,then by deflation,
the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
The issuing issuance of the currency power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
- Thomas Jefferson
AND
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
- Thomas Jefferson
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/69/211381137_34aaa64506.jpg

Well 'quoted'!!

Another idea presented by the same guy said something like, 'that an un-armed population was not a good thing because the criminal was 'bolder', since he didn't have to worry about getting shot while committing his crime'.

Question for the day.... Can you find the actual 'quote' that I am referancing??:?

T.J. had a LOT of GREAT 'quotes'!! I just want to make sure that as many of them are read in these troubled times as possible!!!

Weebitob
10-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Alexander Hamilton:

"A national debt, if it is not excessive, will be to us a national blessing."
as well as:
“Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.”
not to mention:
"Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of man will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice without constraint."
and last but not least:
"It has been frequently remarked that it seems to have been reserved to the people of this country, by their conduct and example, to decide the important question, whether societies of men are really capable or not of establishing good government from."

Why hasn't this been posted in politics?

NikFu S.
10-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Ya got me.^ (to both things)
...we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...we [will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers. And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent ...till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery. And the foreshores of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression.
-President Thomas Jefferson

subi-crosser
10-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Ya got me.^ (to both things)

I guess that it would be lost in the bama-stuff....

Weebitob
10-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I guess that it would be lost in the bama-stuff....

Why turn this into the illusion of partisanship, despite their furvent agreements the "Found Fathers" still got together to agree upon a United States Declaration of Independence, then the Articles of Confederation and when then didn't go according to plan The Consitution followed by The Bill of Rights.

Those people did in weeks what anyone in our pathetic excuse of a parlimentary system (which the US legislature has effectively become) can do even if given a decade.

dcarrb
10-13-2008, 10:42 AM
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
—Benjamin Franklin

I'm no drinker, but think old Ben Franklin was pretty cool. We could sure politicians with a thimble-full of his wit and intelligence today.

dcb

huck369
10-13-2008, 11:15 AM
My new favorite quote:

"Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

svxfiles
10-17-2008, 01:28 PM
The budget should be balanced,
the Treasury should be refilled,
public debt should be reduced,
the arrogance of officialdom should
be tempered and controlled,
and the assistance to foreign lands
should be curtailed lest Rome
become bankrupt. People must again
learn to work, instead of living on public
assistance. -- Cicero , 55 BC

subi-crosser
11-07-2008, 11:10 PM
The budget should be balanced,
the Treasury should be refilled,
public debt should be reduced,
the arrogance of officialdom should
be tempered and controlled,
and the assistance to foreign lands
should be curtailed lest Rome
become bankrupt. People must again
learn to work, instead of living on public
assistance. -- Cicero , 55 BC

Yea, look what happened to ROME when people learned to 'vote' themselves money from the public 'till'!! ( 'Outer Limits' theme playing in background)

I say that we, the working people, should invest in 'precious metals'!!

BRASS, LEAD and 'Blued' steel!! (I am not promoting violence!!)

We just need to be 'powerful' enough to make sure that 'they' think twice before trying to beat us into submission! There are far more 'Patriots' in this Country than 'crooked' lawyers and polititians.

I really would not want to hide behind a tree with some 'jerky' and a 12 guage, but I would rather do that than be forced to hand over 1/2 of my earnings to people that have NEVER worked and paid taxes!

If your kid is sick, I will put money in your jar or attend your carshow, dance or yard sale. If your house burns, I will give you any clothes that I have that will fit your family or some furniture that I have stored.

BUT!!! If you are broke because you would rather shove your money into a vein or pipe, I feel compelled to let you STARVE to DEATH!! I don't CARE if you are cold! I Don't care if you are Hungary!

I didn't do it to you!!

Guv-ment has replaced the father in too many households!

'POOR ME' has replaced 'BAD decisions'!
Hell!! We can't even hire DRIVERS that are not 70 years old! When we hand a young guy a bottle to 'pee' in, they look at it like it's a RATTLESNAKE and run for cover!

B.S!! Let them STARVE!!

"Guns will get you through times with no money better than money will get you through times with no guns". (SUBI-CROSSER, 1992)

I have Been 'tested' for 17 years and ALWAYS passed!!