PDA

View Full Version : Les Schwabb

Chris
10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
OK, I have listened to stories from others about Les Schwabb. Most good, some in the middle, and a few horror stories. Here is my experience....

I have been a Les Schwabb customer for over 15 years. The worst they have ever done to me is get my rims on backwards. It was only a small time inconvenience as the tires had to be unmounted and remounted since just a side swap would have placed the directional tires in the wrong direction. They had no issues with correcting their oversight. Generally they have always been pleasant to deal with and you genuinly feel they are more than happy to do what ever it takes to make the customer happy, and of couse take your money. Today was another eye opener on why I take my business there.

Previously, I felt the above and beyond experience with their willingness to work with me on a credit plan for tires when I needed some on the car, but my credit report was lacking entries. The ability to see eye to eye and speak with the person that makes the decision made it feel more personal. They have also previously sold me tires for the race SVX and below posted prices. I needed a motorcycle battery for my 23 year old Interceptor and they transfered it from a store over 30 miles away. Then when it arrived, they offered to mix the electrolyte and charge it for me before I got there. There was of course no extra charge. This was really appreiated since I did not have a charger.

Today was the icing on the cake. My tires were placed on the car about 10k miles ago. I incident a few weeks back resulted in the car eating a curb and destroying two left tires. As we all know, AWDs need all four tires to be darn near perfect in circumference so there is not premature wear and for failure in the drive train components. They replaced the two tires today at no cost, sold me another matching pair at discounted rate, cleaned up the damaged rims, and waived the mount and balace fees. The warranty on their tires are for manufacuers defect, yet they helped me out without even asking when I am really short on funds.

There are times I would prefer a big name tire like Yokohama, Dunlop or Pirelli. But I am sold as a customer for life to Les Schwabb Tire Company.

Thanks Les Schwabb, you guys rock!:D

ensteele
10-12-2008, 10:56 AM
I am glad you have had such good luck with them. I don't know if it is just me, or the store I have delt with in the past, but I didn't have such good luck. Others I know are sold on them as well. I am glad that you and others have had this service. I didn't, but will not bash them when others are happy. I have delt with another company and have had that kind of service and will continue with them. :) :)

Hondasucks
10-12-2008, 10:12 PM
They paid for $1000 of my tuition at Wyotech, I got a $1000 scholarship that had been sponsored by Les Schwab... Sent a letter to Les himself thanking him for giving the money to the WTI foundation that had been used for the scholarship, but never heard anything back... Even applied for a job when I graduated... I've never had bad luck there, they did crush a fuel line in my Sable wagon I had in high school, took them 4 hours to fix it (With a piece of rubber hose, I don't know how it never leaked... I should have taken it to the Ford dealer and made Schwab's pay for it!) and the guy said he wasn't going to replace the fuel, since he said I had four wheeled the car and done the damage myself (Even though the scrapes from off-roading weren't anywhere near the damaged fuel line!)

SoCal LS-L
11-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah I used to run a shop in North Lake Tahoe, and would hear all sorts of stories about the Reno shops, good and bad. Its pretty much like anywhere else, its up to the particular people at that location to make the difference. Dealing with auto repair shops is why I learned how to work on my cars and trucks in the first place. Luckily we also had a Tire Rack outlet there :D