PDA

View Full Version : ObamaBots smashed the window on my svx

triumph1902
10-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Couple days ago I put up a McCain yard sign and last night the svx was parked next to it...surprise! this morning the sign is torn up and the svx has a stone through the upper quarter glass. I know all my neighbors and they would not do that.

Its a shame someone would do this just because I support someone they dont...someone who right or wrong has been through alot for this country.

sicksubie
10-02-2008, 12:30 AM
I have a McCain sticker on my Ranger and am praying for someone to vandalize that heap....:rolleyes:

mysvxrocks
10-02-2008, 12:43 AM
That sucks man.... Words cant explain the disbelief/anger I feel about that....

NikFu S.
10-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Put up an Obama sign and see if they repair it or send an apology.

Manarius
10-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Couple days ago I put up a McCain yard sign and last night the svx was parked next to it...surprise! this morning the sign is torn up and the svx has a stone through the upper quarter glass. I know all my neighbors and they would not do that.

Its a shame someone would do this just because I support someone they dont...someone who right or wrong has been through alot for this country.I think it's a little bit of a stretch to say that a sign meant that you got your car bashed. Remember, correlation does not necessitate causation.

Sucks either way.

LetItSnow
10-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Stretch: Sign is put up, window is broken overnight = parallel.
Likelihood: Sign is put up, sign is destroyed and window is broken overnight = parallel.

Who takes the time to go into a guy's yard to shred a political sign? I'd put my money on both acts being by the same party!

Pics of the sign? :D

Royal Tiger
10-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Liberals are as much about tolerance and understanding as a majority of muslims are.

ensteele
10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
But look out for the extremists. :(

triumph1902
10-02-2008, 02:54 PM
All that was left of the sign was the bent up wire frame...they also tried to smash the rear glass but the rock ricocheted off and just left a mark that was easy to get off.

I dont doubt the fact that the car and the sign were done by the same person(s) at the same time.

I got a motion camera that takes stills when the motion sensor is tripped and a motion flood light. I was tempted to bye a dozen McCain signs and hope that they return but sad to say I cant risk more damage to the car. Instead I helped fill out absentee ballots for a bunch of elderly family members and friends that are unable to get to the polls for health reasons.

Just today I noticed about a mile from my house there is a large McCain sign in front of a trucking business, on a main street, that has been there for probably a month. Someone had thrown an old toilet through the sign. I did not notice any damage to the business though. The business is for sale so not sure how long before someone cleans it up.

Weebitob
10-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Good Politic should be carried out by example, as such if people see in Congress that both democrats and republicans on the floor in the heat of discussing critical policies don't go into a battle of fistycuffs others shouldn't either over something that is much more trivial.

But regardless of motive I am terribly sorry that has happened, and to the rear quarter too.:(

dcarrb
10-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Liberals are as much about tolerance and understanding as a majority of muslims are.
The mindset that formulates that sort of baseless stereotype (on BOTH extremes of the political spectrum) is the biggest challenge this country faces.

dcb

Royal Tiger
10-04-2008, 03:08 PM
The mindset that formulates that sort of baseless stereotype (on BOTH extremes of the political spectrum) is the biggest challenge this country faces.

dcb

When the democrat supporters, some not all, stop acting like little babies, I might start to respect them.

No acts of violance at the DNC Convention. Head DNC party bosses dance like little girls and pray for the death of 1,000's when a hurrican hits New Orleans for the RNC Convention. Protestors attempt to stage "random acts of violece for "change"" in Minneapolis at RNC event resulting in arrests.

Locally McCain signs have been getting defaced and removed. Not one Obama sign has been reported to our department as vandalized. The local chapter of the DNC constatnly gives us a hard time with thier illegal sidewalk and traffic demonstrations. In 13 years I have never had a republican demonstration cause a headache.

Truth hurts. I KNOW not all dems act like this, but the BS starts at the top, and doesn't seem to change.

Manarius
10-04-2008, 06:56 PM
When the democrat supporters, some not all, stop acting like little babies, I might start to respect them.

No acts of violance at the DNC Convention. Head DNC party bosses dance like little girls and pray for the death of 1,000's when a hurrican hits New Orleans for the RNC Convention. Protestors attempt to stage "random acts of violece for "change"" in Minneapolis at RNC event resulting in arrests.

Locally McCain signs have been getting defaced and removed. Not one Obama sign has been reported to our department as vandalized. The local chapter of the DNC constatnly gives us a hard time with thier illegal sidewalk and traffic demonstrations. In 13 years I have never had a republican demonstration cause a headache.

Truth hurts. I KNOW not all dems act like this, but the BS starts at the top, and doesn't seem to change.http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15980105/detail.html

Something something pot kettle.

subi-crosser
10-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I think it's a little bit of a stretch to say that a sign meant that you got your car bashed. Remember, correlation does not necessitate causation.

Sucks either way.

I'm not sure if it was my bashing the county commissioner or my bashing of the local medical 'establishment', but SOMEONE bashed the quarter pannel in on my shiney red Outback while it was parked in my back yard!! It was done with a FOOT!!
The least 'tolerant' species known to man is the 'caring, compassionate LIBERALS'!!! According to the Pizza guys, if there is a democratic sign in the yard, look forward to a LOUSY tip!!

( They are only generous wit OTHER people's money!!)

bjandtheband
10-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I have a McCain sticker on my Ranger and am praying for someone to vandalize that heap....:rolleyes:

NO DUDE VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN ! PALIN/MCCAIN WILL JUST DESTROY THE COUNTRY HE IS HUNGRY FOR WAR AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE LITTLE PEOPLE ,IF HE HAVE NOT VOTED FOR DEREGULATION THE WALL STREET CRISIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPEN. VOTE SMART MAN DO YOUR RESEARCH ON WHAT PALIN/MCCAIN STANDS FOR.

Wikedjuggalo
10-05-2008, 01:59 PM
NO DUDE VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN ! PALIN/MCCAIN WILL JUST DESTROY THE COUNTRY HE IS HUNGRY FOR WAR AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE LITTLE PEOPLE ,IF HE HAVE NOT VOTED FOR DEREGULATION THE WALL STREET CRISIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPEN. VOTE SMART MAN DO YOUR RESEARCH ON WHAT PALIN/MCCAIN STANDS FOR.

Caps lock key please check it. And I believe you meant McCain/Palin.

Royal Tiger
10-05-2008, 03:56 PM

Since when did the mentally ill get accounts on here?

NikFu S.
10-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I wanted to steer clear of this side of the fork in the discussion but the fact McSame is hungry for war is practically dissolving me from the inside out.

Wikedjuggalo
10-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I wanted to steer clear of this side of the fork in the discussion but the fact McSame is hungry for war is practically dissolving me from the inside out.

Facts to back this?

NikFu S.
10-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Remember when he said he'd occupy Iraq for 100 years if he could? He doesn't like the scenery, he likes military mobilization. I have not chosen to call this recent charade "war" as I feel that is a tactic labeling to garner support for military mobilization, but [sadly] by current majority this is war and this is what McCain and a lot of people want.
Explain how you can support McCain and not also support his views on foreign occupation.

Manarius
10-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Facts to back this?According to McCain, Iran is “the world’s chief state sponsor of terrorism.” Asked in a forum when the United States should send “an air mail message” to Iran in the form of bombs, McCain replied by singing the Beach Boys song, “Bomb Iran.” More formally, McCain advocates levying severe sanctions on Iran to prevent it from acquiring nuclear weapons technology, then stepping up to military intervention if Iran doesn’t comply. McCain goes further than most candidates in one regard: He would work against other nations acquiring any kind of nuclear technology, even if it’s for peaceful purposes: “The notion that non-nuclear-weapons states have a right to nuclear technology must be revisited,” he says.http://middleeast.about.com/od/usmideastpolicy/a/me071122.htm

Facts: Check.
War monger: Check.

iizbeastie
10-05-2008, 07:44 PM
This is why I never display my preference when it comes to election type stuff.....

If you haven't already found replacement glass there is a pearly at laurens salvage in neenah with the glass in perfect condition;) .... I noticed you are only like an hour away from the fox valley..... I'f you'd like I'll give them a ring and see what they would charge for it.....

triumph1902
10-05-2008, 09:10 PM
This is why I never display my preference when it comes to election type stuff.....

If you haven't already found replacement glass there is a pearly at laurens salvage in neenah with the glass in perfect condition;) .... I noticed you are only like an hour away from the fox valley..... I'f you'd like I'll give them a ring and see what they would charge for it.....

Thanks for the help! I found the glass on ebay for about $60 shipped and it actually got here in one piece.

NikFu S.
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Nice work, iizbeastie. You get the prize:

Royal Tiger
10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Obama wants to invade Pakistan. Let me know how that works out.

Manarius
10-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Obama wants to invade Pakistan. Let me know how that works out.McCain wants to invade Iran. Let me know how that works out.

Wikedjuggalo
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
McCain wants to invade Iran. Let me know how that works out.

Meah do more good.

Royal Tiger
10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
McCain wants to invade Iran. Let me know how that works out.

McCain's not the one blaming everything on the war and promising to run away. It's called hipocracy. Apprerently it hit you in the forehead. Sorry.

benebob
10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Who takes the time to go into a guy's yard to shred a political sign?

I do and I get paid to do it.:eek: Probably took 4000 of 'em down during the primaries this year.:D Seriously, I wouldn't take one from a persons property (though I'll take 'em from the right of way). If they're in major violation (i.e. grossly oversized, 500 for a single can.) then the turtle speed legal action would begin. Most of 'em I take are on public property. Still upsets the political parties that are above the laws they pass.:confused:

Did you call the police yet? I would at least get it on record as I wouldn't be suprised if it is kids. If you need a replacement window I have a bunch in the basement. You can have one for shipping. They're not great but they do already have a vin on 'em. Just not yours:D. I think they are all bronze. PM me if you need it.

Manarius
10-08-2008, 10:09 AM
McCain's not the one blaming everything on the war and promising to run away. It's called hipocracy. Apprerently it hit you in the forehead. Sorry.Fortunately for you, and unfortunately for me and my male peers, if McCain has his Iran war way, he will be looking to draft me and not you.

Needless to say, I don't want to go to Iran nor do I feel I should be forced to go there. I don't call that hypocrisy, I call that thinking about the rest of my life.

Stilor
10-08-2008, 12:01 PM
McCain's not the one blaming everything on the war and promising to run away. It's called hipocracy. Apprerently it hit you in the forehead. Sorry.

Let's see what hypocrisy is:

Hypocrisy (or the state of being a hypocrite) is the act of preaching a certain belief, religion or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, an adult telling children not to smoke cigarettes, even though the adult smokes. Hypocrisy is frequently invoked as an accusation in many contexts.

I just don't see how "blaming everything on war" contradicts to "proceeding with a war already started". When you get into a fight, you can't just pull out of it and say you're done. See here (http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/07/1509857.aspx). Note that Gov. Palin also made similar remarks. That is, both presidential candidates agree that crossing the border may be necessary as a tactical decision.

Now that it is more or less acknowledged that Georgia started the fight in Caucasus region, it's ironic to hear such statements from the very same people who tell Russia that it should not have crossed Georgian border when it responded to the massacre by Georgian troops. That's where hypocrisy is, IMHO...

P.S. I don't support either candidate. None of them professes any change...

intellibomb
10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
this is why it is better to just support whoever you support, but don't put it upon yourself to let the whole world know. just let the ballot know when u vote

thats like having a million dollars in your pockets and telling everyone around you that you are carrying a million dollars, and wondering why you got robbed.

some people are fanatical about their political beliefs. they will do whatever they feel is righteous if they have a "valid" reason to hate you for it.

this type of thing has happened historically over and over again: MLK, Malcolm X, Robert Kennedy, and on and on.

i personally think this every time i see a political sign in someone's yard. someone is going to see it and get pissed and take it personal.

im sorry that happened to you.

triumph1902
10-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I do and I get paid to do it.:eek: Probably took 4000 of 'em down during the primaries this year.:D Seriously, I wouldn't take one from a persons property (though I'll take 'em from the right of way). If they're in major violation (i.e. grossly oversized, 500 for a single can.) then the turtle speed legal action would begin. Most of 'em I take are on public property. Still upsets the political parties that are above the laws they pass.:confused:

Did you call the police yet? I would at least get it on record as I wouldn't be suprised if it is kids. If you need a replacement window I have a bunch in the basement. You can have one for shipping. They're not great but they do already have a vin on 'em. Just not yours:D. I think they are all bronze. PM me if you need it.

Thanks for offering to help, I already purchased the glass i needed on ebay for $60 shipped.

The police here are completely worthless. Someone broke into my GF's car right behind the police station a couple years back. They smashed the window and stole her back pack full of expensive college books. We called 911 and it took the cops 45 minutes to get to us, and when they got there they said there was nothing they could do. They would not even listen to the witnesses who saw it happen or take a description of the people who did it.

Royal Tiger
10-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Let's see what hypocrisy is:

I just don't see how "blaming everything on war" contradicts to "proceeding with a war already started". When you get into a fight, you can't just pull out of it and say you're done. See here (http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/07/1509857.aspx). Note that Gov. Palin also made similar remarks. That is, both presidential candidates agree that crossing the border may be necessary as a tactical decision.

Now that it is more or less acknowledged that Georgia started the fight in Caucasus region, it's ironic to hear such statements from the very same people who tell Russia that it should not have crossed Georgian border when it responded to the massacre by Georgian troops. That's where hypocrisy is, IMHO...

P.S. I don't support either candidate. None of them professes any change...

Agreed. I have a major problem with Obama as he continues to act tough on foreign policy, yet comes right out and acusses US troops of killing civilians, ala John Kerry in Vietnam.

benebob
10-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Agreed. I have a major problem with Obama as he continues to act tough on foreign policy, yet comes right out and acusses US troops of killing civilians, ala John Kerry in Vietnam.

So he should lie and say that we haven't killed civilians in Iraq or Afganistan? That's a brilliant plan! :rolleyes:

Every single civilian death should be investigated, not to place blame on soldiers but rather to determine if there is a better way to wage war in terms of acceptable losses. If your gun doesn't shoot straight you'd fix it wouldn't ya? I just can't understand why the military (like most police) despise and tend to claim up when it comes to nice quite internal investigations. They both end up on the short end of the stick when they take such an additude.

bjandtheband
10-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Listen i am voting for OBAMA and i don,t agree with everything he stands for ,but since bush took office i've noticed that i have been pinching penny's just to get by & and thats mainly because of the unfair tax practice of the republican party ,how do u give tax breaks to people who does not really need it and toss aside those who does ,and it surprises me that women supports mccain when in fact he voted against equal pay for equal work ,thats telling me that he believes women are not equal to men in the work place even if they perform the same duties and have same positions as man. that goes to show its not mccain's view they share and support, its something else . i'll let the educated people come to a conclusion to why some people wont vote for OBAMA knowing that if mcain wins their lives wont be any better for it.People please do your research and not let television sway your votes most of mccains allegations have been lies ,and its been proven that they are lies ,so please vote smart.

Royal Tiger
10-11-2008, 05:08 PM
So he should lie and say that we haven't killed civilians in Iraq or Afganistan? That's a brilliant plan! :rolleyes:

Every single civilian death should be investigated, not to place blame on soldiers but rather to determine if there is a better way to wage war in terms of acceptable losses. If your gun doesn't shoot straight you'd fix it wouldn't ya? I just can't understand why the military (like most police) despise and tend to claim up when it comes to nice quite internal investigations. They both end up on the short end of the stick when they take such an additude.

Thanks for jump[ing to a conclusion and taking it out of context. Watch his whole little speech on how US troops are air raiding VILLAGES daily and killing civilians. Do civilians die in war? Uh, yes. Is it done on purpose? No. Maybe if he wasn't such a puppet of the DNC and spoke what they spoon fed him, he'd have a clue. The VERY people responsible for the housing crash ARE his ECONOMIC advisors. I see THAT doesn't bother anyone.

Manarius
10-11-2008, 07:08 PM
The VERY people responsible for the housing crash ARE his ECONOMIC advisors. I see THAT doesn't bother anyone.Something something Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.

Removed regulations from the market to allow for this crisis. Let's remember, McCain's best friend is Phil Gramm.

sicksubie
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Listen i am voting for OBAMA and i don,t agree with everything he stands for ,but since bush took office i've noticed that i have been pinching penny's just to get by & and thats mainly because of the unfair tax practice of the republican party ,how do u give tax breaks to people who does not really need it and toss aside those who does ,and it surprises me that women supports mccain when in fact he voted against equal pay for equal work ,thats telling me that he believes women are not equal to men in the work place even if they perform the same duties and have same positions as man. that goes to show its not mccain's view they share and support, its something else . i'll let the educated people come to a conclusion to why some people wont vote for OBAMA knowing that if mcain wins their lives wont be any better for it.People please do your research and not let television sway your votes most of mccains allegations have been lies ,and its been proven that they are lies ,so please vote smart.

Maybe if you graduated from high school you could have a better job and not be pinching pennies.... Actually I think I know 4th graders who can punctuate/ spell better...

gstape
10-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I've been looking for a place to get this off my chest, and this thread seems to be as good a place as any. In a television add that Obama is running in Michigan where he talks about taxes he says "I won't give tax breaks to corporations that are sending jobs over seas"...(he implies McCain will). I want to say back to him (but I can't through the tv) why do you think those corporations are moving jobs over seas? Could it be the high cost of doing buisness in the USA? One of those high costs being taxes? I can guarantee it is! Not so smart. I'm not a huge McCain fan, but I sure can't vote for Obama.

lhopp77
10-11-2008, 08:18 PM

Uninformed as usual and also biased in an totally clueless manner. All known civilian deaths ARE investigated in a reasonable manner. No long drawn out unrealistic manner, but still reviewed. It would be totally stupid to ever expect an outside investigation---IN A COMBAT ZONE?? Duhhh?? How stupid can you get. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am well aware of past coverups, but in the end they all come to light so it is really a rare occurrence.

Lee

lhopp77
10-11-2008, 08:21 PM
For all of you that won't look at this elsewhere---this is what most of the military serving in Iraq feel about it and how important it is.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/reenlist.asp

Lee

WestmonsterSVX
10-15-2008, 05:53 AM
its a little different where i live. if i were to put an obama sign in font of my house i would wake up to a burning cross (and a smashed rear quarter window). im not saying mcain supporters are racist, we just have a bad infestation of rednecks out here.

dcarrb
10-15-2008, 06:07 AM
its a little different where i live. if i were to put an obama sign in font of my house i would wake up to a burning cross (and a smashed rear quarter window). im not saying mcain supporters are racist, we just have a bad infestation of rednecks out here.
Our little town in lily-white Appalachia has an Obama campaign office, and so far as I know the only problem they've had was a minor beef over a violation of the town sign-size ordinance, which was quickly corrected. The one Obama yard sign I've seen in this immediate vicinity vanished quickly, but I can't say if mischief was involved. I've repeatedly seen (apparently unmolested) Obama yard signs in very rural Tennessee, which is encouraging, all political leanings aside.

dcb

lhopp77
10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Here is an article on some insight into the TRUE Obama.

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/oct/12/obamas-kenya-ghosts/

Lee

lhopp77
10-15-2008, 12:15 PM

I would bet this is pure fabrication. McCain supporters are not nearly as rabid as Obama supporters.

Lee

NikFu S.
10-15-2008, 12:39 PM
While I agree plenty of Obama supporters are "rabid", plenty of McCain supporters think Obama is an Arab terrorist. :|

dcarrb
10-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Here is an article on some insight into the TRUE Obama.

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/oct/12/obamas-kenya-ghosts/

Lee
Snopes>Politics>Barak Obama>Kenya Connection>False.

The Washington Times, Sun Myung Moon's rag? Good grief.

Do you really think this sort of stuff supports your position on issues? Everybody needs to spend less time trolling the Internet for "The Video [insert candidate's name] Doesn't Want You to See" and more time thinking, for a change.

dcb

lhopp77
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Something something Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.

Removed regulations from the market to allow for this crisis. Let's remember, McCain's best friend is Phil Gramm.

Let's see--as I recall Bill Clinton supported this legislation, signed it into law and even recently said it WAS NOT what caused the problem. I have posted his comments on another thread.

Lee

lhopp77
10-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Snopes>Politics>Barak Obama>Kenya Connection>False.

dcb

To use your own words, Good Grief---how do you explain these pictures of them together??? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QcpdUtxNQ

Lee

dcarrb
10-16-2008, 05:28 AM
To use your own words, Good Grief---how do you explain these pictures of them together??? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QcpdUtxNQ

Lee
I'm sure we can count on you to plumb the steamy depths of the Internet to find photographic evidence of Jimmy Carter signing a blood oath with ol' Lucifer hisself.

While on the flipside, anyone whose belly can withstand the stench might go someplace such as RadicalCommiePinkoNutjob.com to dredge up some implausible horrors about candidates from the other side of the aisle.

This sort of stuff is just plain silly. Like the old adage about statistics: Anybody can spin just about anything, any they they wish. With the Internet, geez, I fear all hope for reason is lost.

This country would be better served if everyone would stop playing on unfounded fears and suspicions, employ a bit of common sense, and view dubious, partisan rhetoric with a critical and skeptical mind.

dcb

lhopp77
10-16-2008, 07:39 AM
While on the flipside, anyone whose belly can withstand the stench might go someplace such as RadicalCommiePinkoNutjob.com to dredge up some implausible horrors about candidates from the other side of the aisle.

dcb

If the mainstream press was fair and balanced these measures would not be required. Just take another look at the differences in interview questions to Rep candidates versus Dem candidates. AND just look at the huge official dirt digging expeditions in Alaska on Palin.

I think YOU need to get real and smell the roses. Fortunately Palin's past is an open book and matter of very public records. Obama's is very shady and filled with terrorists, mobsters, racists and other questionable characters. These clear relatikonships DO justify deep digging. :p

Lee

LetItSnow
10-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Re: Washington Times
It's tough to get credibility from a website that hosts a link to this poll:
http://images.sodahead.com/images/polls/0/0/0/1/5/0/0/4/3/polls_0905ObamaMcCainCheat_SQ_4340_892633_poll_xla rge.jpeg

dcarrb
10-16-2008, 02:33 PM
If the mainstream press was fair and balanced these measures would not be required.

The newspaper I read has both liberal and conservative columnists and editors, and when the they come down on one side of an issue or another in the editorial pages, space is allotted for rebuttal. How you guys figure the mainstream press is deliberately, consistently biased against more conservative points of view (while Fox News is "fair and balanced") is beyond me.

Impartial sources are out there, if you're willing to keep an open mind.

dcb

lhopp77
10-16-2008, 03:10 PM
The newspaper I read has both liberal and conservative columnists and editors, and when the they come down on one side of an issue or another in the editorial pages, space is allotted for rebuttal. How you guys figure the mainstream press is deliberately, consistently biased against more conservative points of view (while Fox News is "fair and balanced") is beyond me.

Impartial sources are out there, if you're willing to keep an open mind.

dcb

If you read the Atlanta Journal/Constitution--I know better. It is nearly as liberal as the NYT. Cynthia Tucker, the Editorial Manager is as far left as you get. You may not know but I lived in Atlanta for nearly 20 years.

Fox is called fair and balanced because they have spokesman from both sides of the issue nearly everytime they address anything political. No --REPEAT NO--other network or cable news network does that. :)

Lee

lhopp77
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Re: Washington Times
It's tough to get credibility from a website that hosts a link to this poll:
http://images.sodahead.com/images/polls/0/0/0/1/5/0/0/4/3/polls_0905ObamaMcCainCheat_SQ_4340_892633_poll_xla rge.jpeg

I think the Democrat's current voting registration scandal answer your question quite nicely. :p

Lee

immortal_suby
10-16-2008, 03:47 PM
While I agree plenty of Obama supporters are "rabid", plenty of McCain supporters think Obama is an Arab terrorist. :|

I believe Obama is a terrorist and will steal our country' secrets during his reign only to turn them over to our enemies. But I don't burn crosses in the front yards of his supporters as a general practice. I just lie in wait for the apocalypse with plenty of ammunition and beef jerky.

Landshark
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I believe Obama is a terrorist and will steal our country' secrets during his reign only to turn them over to our enemies. But I don't burn crosses in the front yards of his supporters as a general practice. I just lie in wait for the apocalypse with plenty of ammunition and beef jerky.

agreed, +1

NikFu S.
10-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Secrets :lol:

subi-crosser
10-16-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm sure we can count on you to plumb the steamy depths of the Internet to find photographic evidence of Jimmy Carter signing a blood oath with ol' Lucifer hisself.

This sort of stuff is just plain silly. Like the old adage about statistics: Anybody can spin just about anything, any they they wish. With the Internet, geez, I fear all hope for reason is lost.

This country would be better served if everyone would stop playing on unfounded fears and suspicions, employ a bit of common sense, and view dubious, partisan rhetoric with a critical and skeptical mind.

dcb

IF I HAD a choice, I would vote for a Black man this time. His name is Alan KEYS!! BUT since the 'machine' will not give him the time of day, it would be a wasted vote.

LOOK him UP!!! BEST choice we will NEVER see on television!

dcarrb
10-17-2008, 05:33 AM
If you read the Atlanta Journal/Constitution--I know better. It is nearly as liberal as the NYT. Cynthia Tucker, the Editorial Manager is as far left as you get. You may not know but I lived in Atlanta for nearly 20 years.

Lee
Yeah, I remembered reading here that you once hailed from Atlanta. I think we lived on the same side of town. I'm sure you remember before the papers merged, when the afternoon Journal was conservative and the morning Constitution, not so much. We got the Journal daily when I was growing up.

You're right about Ms. Tucker; she's out there. Often way too far, in my view. So's Jim Wooten... in the opposite direction (though not so extreme). I look forward to his "Friday Free-for-All;" always thought-provoking, if I rarely agree. Believe it or not, sometimes I do.

Whatever; I don't presume to be able to sway anyone to my way of thinking on many issues, any more than one will change my mind on the fundamentals. That's not a bad thing. The day we all fall into lock-step behind any one candidate or political party or philosophy, look out. My overriding point is, tenuous, nonsensical, rabid-paranoid-bats@*t propaganda serves no one well, and in fact only lowers and demeans us all.

dcb

lhopp77
10-17-2008, 09:06 AM
My overriding point is, tenuous, nonsensical, rabid-paranoid-bats@*t propaganda serves no one well, and in fact only lowers and demeans us all.

dcb

I fully agree and MY major point is that we don't see fair and balanced reporting from the vast majority of the mainstream media. But----I don't agree with forums like Rush either. Even though he trys to be a counterbalance to the large number of far left outlets---its not my kind of thing.

Lee

lhopp77
10-17-2008, 09:10 AM
IF I HAD a choice, I would vote for a Black man this time. His name is Alan KEYS!! BUT since the 'machine' will not give him the time of day, it would be a wasted vote.

LOOK him UP!!! BEST choice we will NEVER see on television!

I am not sure I would vote for him, but I agree with much of what he says and might vote for him after more careful review of all of what he stands for. There are several blacks that I would actually strongly consider voting for, but none of them are the far left socialistic advocates like the current candidate.

Lee

bwb3
10-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Speaking of Atlanta, I think I get the most balanced news from Neal Boortz. He'll knock both sides when they deserve it.
Gene

dcarrb
10-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Boortz is one of those guys who will occasionally come down precisely as I might on some issue, but usually he just makes me want to smash the radio with a hammer. Whenever I'm in the car with my folks, I'm a captive audience.

dcb

bwb3
10-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I think, like Nikfu, he likes to stir the pudding once in awhile to get a rise. :D Keeps the listener wanting to come back for the outrage of the day.
Gene

NikFu S.
10-18-2008, 01:21 PM
WHO SAID MAH NAME?

I LOVE pudding.

Bill Cosby would make a decent president.

Hondasucks
10-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Obama has NO respect for the Second Amendment, and that's enough to sway my vote to McCain. Even if you don't own a single firearm, the right to do so is in your constitution, and it is vital that our constitution be upheld. (see www.gunbanobama.com for the facts, also www.nra-ila.org.)

NikFu S.
10-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Considering Congress has only been able to pass a federal budget (not a continuing resolution budget) for 1 out of the past 4 years, I highly doubt Congress would change a constitutional amendment (which requires a 2/3 majority from Congress and the States). Overblown hyperbole.
Considering this, voting McCain on this reason alone is silly.

Zeppelin
11-01-2008, 02:54 AM
He's not planning on changing the amendment to stop people from owning guns, he wants to make ammunition too expensive so people cannot afford to shoot their guns. You can own as many as you want, but they're worthless if you have no ammo.

NikFu S.
11-01-2008, 03:21 AM
How would he go about doing this? Taxes?

Black market mode turn on!

immortal_suby
11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
He's not planning on changing the amendment to stop people from owning guns, he wants to make ammunition too expensive so people cannot afford to shoot their guns. You can own as many as you want, but they're worthless if you have no ammo.

Obama's thoughts on gun control:

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?

A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don't have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."
Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."

Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok

Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?

A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.

Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing

Q: When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?

A: I don't think that we can get that done. But what we can do is to provide just some common-sense enforcement. The efforts by law enforcement to obtain the information required to trace back guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers. As president, I intend to make it happen. We essentially have two realities, when it comes to guns, in this country. You've got the tradition of lawful gun ownership. It is very important for many Americans to be able to hunt, fish, take their kids out, teach them how to shoot. Then you've got the reality of 34 Chicago public school students who get shot down on the streets of Chicago. We can reconcile those two realities by making sure the Second Amendment is respected and that people are able to lawfully own guns, but that we also start cracking down on the kinds of abuses of firearms that we see on the streets.

2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month

Obama sought moderate gun control measures, such as a 2000 bill he cosponsored to limit handgun purchases to one per month (it did not pass). He voted against letting people violate local weapons bans in cases of self-defense, but also voted in2004 to let retired police officers carry concealed handguns.
Source: The Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson, p.148 Oct 30, 2007

Concealed carry OK only for retired police officers

Obama voted for a bill in the Illinois senate that allowed retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed weapons. If there was any issue on which Obama rarely deviated, it was gun control. He was the most strident candidate when it came to enforcin and expanding gun control laws. So this vote jumped out as inconsistent.
When I queried him about the vote, he said, "I didn't find that [vote] surprising. I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. This was a narrow exception in an exceptional circumstance where a retired police officer might find himself vulnerable as a consequence of the work he has previously done--and had been trained extensively in the proper use of firearms."

It wasn't until a few weeks later that another theory came forward about the uncharacteristic vote. Obama was battling with his GOP opponent to win the endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police.

Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities

Q: How would you address gun violence that continues to be the #1 cause of death among African-American men?

A: You know, when the massacre happened at Virginia Tech, I think all of us were grief stricken and shocked by the carnage. But in this year alone, in Chicago, we've had 34 Chicago public school students gunned down and killed. And for the most part, there has been silence. We know what to do. We've got to enforce the gun laws that are on the books. We've got to make sure that unscrupulous gun dealers aren't loading up vans and dumping guns in our communities, because we know they're not made in our communities. There aren't any gun manufacturers here, right here in the middle of Detroit. But what we also have to do is to make sure that we change our politics so that we care just as much about those 30-some children in Chicago who've been shot as we do the children in Virginia Tech. That's a mindset that we have to have in the White House and we don't have it right now.

Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality

I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer's lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do ew need to punish thatman for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there's a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair.

Source: The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, p.215 Oct 1, 2006

Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban

KEYES: [to Obama]: I am a strong believer in the second amendment. The gun control mentality is ruthlessly absurd. It suggests that we should pass a law that prevents law abiding citizens from carrying weapons. You end up with a situation where the crook have all the guns and the law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves. I guess that's good enough for Senator Obama who voted against the bill that would have allowed homeowners to defend themselves if their homes were broken into.
OBAMA: Let's be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. Voting YES would:
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought
Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations
Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices

Noir
11-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Obama's thoughts on gun control:

quite disturbing indeed.

i :heart: my guns.

guns don't kill people, but they sure do help.

what's this 'common-sense' enforcement?

and i didn't know that we need guns to fish. that's new for me.

Noir
11-01-2008, 06:46 PM

come come now matt. obama is a good christian. since all good christians hate muslims and since all muslims are terrorists, obama can't be a terrorist.

we still on for monday night cross burnings???

Landshark
11-01-2008, 10:36 PM
how can i hunt El Chupacabras without guns?

that is the question i pose to you, Mr. Obama.

Royal Tiger
11-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Remember this day. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it might be the day that 58% of the idiots in this country decided Socialism was a good thing.

dcarrb
11-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Remember this day. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it might be the day that 58% of the idiots in this country decided Socialism was a good thing.

Suggested reading:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/30/greene-if-you-can’t-or-can-say-anything-nice/