PDA

View Full Version : Who Won The Debate?

SomethingElse
09-27-2008, 05:37 AM
Mccain wouldnt make eye contact with obama, at all, the entire debate. That probably did'nt help him at all. According to mccain, obama just doesnt get it, or does not know much of anything. Politics are annoying.

gsodonis
09-27-2008, 06:48 AM
For both parties to claim they won so vigorously, I'd call it a tie.
Neither won, neither lost.
IMO

NikFu S.
09-27-2008, 02:16 PM
It was a stupid, horribly worthless debate.

Whoever wins,

we lose.

Weebitob
09-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Both filibustered and over-eloquently talked themselves off topic. These days a presidential candidate owes so many people anyway for reaching the final election that you can never find out who's interests they are obliged to fulfill in office until its done.

The poll should be, who do you think looks and/or sounds better on TV?:)

sicksubie
09-27-2008, 08:38 PM

Whoever wins,

we lose.

Yep..... Sad, huh?:(

NikFu S.
09-27-2008, 09:07 PM
What's sad is I rushed to turn the TV so I could catch it and despite being disgusted with it, kept watching.

Weebitob
09-27-2008, 09:57 PM
What's sad is I rushed to turn the TV so I could catch it and despite being disgusted with it, kept watching.

It was interestingly funny (http://www.iranmania.com/News/ArticleView/Default.asp?NewsCode=61861&NewsKind=Current%20Affairs) they call the non-existent "Iran Republican Gaurd" a terrorist organization. I thought it was only Iraq that had a Republican while Iran has something along the lines of Islamic or Iranian Revolutionary Gaurd. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Revolutionary_Guards_Corps)

gstape
09-27-2008, 10:54 PM
NikFu S. What's sad is I rushed to turn the TV so I could catch it and despite being disgusted with it, kept watching.

What is really sad is I listned to part of it on the radio in my car while I was waiting in line to run at the drag strip... then I got blown away by a corvette:(

odepaj
09-28-2008, 10:58 AM
What is really sad is I listned to part of it on the radio in my car while I was waiting in line to run at the drag strip... then I got blown away by a corvette:(

Oh man, Im sorry!

See, if you had been listening to something else you might just have won! :lol:

Dustin

SomethingElse
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Whoever wins,
we lose.

What exactly do we lose?:D

NikFu S.
09-29-2008, 06:48 PM
D:

I didn't expect anyone would ask that. I don't know.

I guess the answer I will go with is

about an hour of our lives.

LarryIII
09-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Who Won The Debate?

Who cares!!!!!

Manarius
09-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Who won? Nobody. It was dead even. For Obama supporters though, this was a win. Obama just wanted to come out with a tie so that he won't appear so incompetent as McCain tries to paint him. Unfortunately for McCain, it was he who came off somewhat angry and indignant at the beginning of the debate. My guess is that he didn't have a lot of time to study before the debate.

lhopp77
09-30-2008, 07:50 AM
I find it interesting that many pro Obama (including liberal media) people harp on the perception that McCain did not look at Obama. But.....none of them point out the amount of time that Obama look DOWN--obviously reading his notes---a bit of an indication that he does NOT know that much about the topics, but MUST use cheat sheets to help him with his answers. :D

As we have seen repeatedly--Obama is TOTALLY lost without his teleprompter or copious notes. He is a very shallow candidate. Early this week when he was in Washington for the bailout bill he made a speech about it---there were many, many very pregnant pauses while he waited for his teleprompter to catch up.

Obama IS a good speaker when he is making a "preacher" type speech putting out a lot of words but very little REAL substance. He would make a good motivational speaker. However, when it comes to speeches requiring REAL substance--he is completely dependent on his teleprompter and notes. :)

Lee

NikFu S.
09-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Last night, John Stewart and Steve Colbert won the debate.

SomethingElse
10-01-2008, 02:56 AM
I find it interesting that many pro Obama (including liberal media) people harp on the perception that McCain did not look at Obama. But.....none of them point out the amount of time that Obama look DOWN--obviously reading his notes---a bit of an indication that he does NOT know that much about the topics, but MUST use cheat sheets to help him with his answers. :D

As we have seen repeatedly--Obama is TOTALLY lost without his teleprompter or copious notes. He is a very shallow candidate. Early this week when he was in Washington for the bailout bill he made a speech about it---there were many, many very pregnant pauses while he waited for his teleprompter to catch up.

Obama IS a good speaker when he is making a "preacher" type speech putting out a lot of words but very little REAL substance. He would make a good motivational speaker. However, when it comes to speeches requiring REAL substance--he is completely dependent on his teleprompter and notes. :)

Lee

:lol:

I thoroughly enjoyed the debates from 4 years ago when George Bush, the master of vocabulary, paused for a what seemed like an eternity, but was probably 10-15 seconds or so. He can hardly complete a sentence! the only motivation he gave me was to vote against him.

I guess his teleprompter told him to pause for dramatic effect.:)

GreenMarine
10-01-2008, 10:29 AM

Whoever wins,

we lose.

I'll second that... Personally I'm looking forward to the vice presidential Debate MORE!! I can't wait to see if Palin makes a complete fool of herself. This debate will probably either keep the race close (like it is now) or completely seal it for Obama... I don't see Sarah Palin doing anything good for the McCain camp. All she can do at the moment is defend herself and try to "prove" that she is actually a worthy candidate for the VP office. Personally I think Biden is gonna embarrass her :p

~ Chris

RSVX
10-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I'll second that... Personally I'm looking forward to the vice presidential Debate MORE!! I can't wait to see if Palin makes a complete fool of herself. This debate will probably either keep the race close (like it is now) or completely seal it for Obama... I don't see Sarah Palin doing anything good for the McCain camp. All she can do at the moment is defend herself and try to "prove" that she is actually a worthy candidate for the VP office. Personally I think Biden is gonna embarrass her :p

~ Chris

Biden cant embarrass her... he is too busy embarrassing himself...

For instance:

"Part of what a leader does is to instill confidence, is demonstrate that he or she knows what they're talking about, and communicates to people, 'If you listen to me and follow what I'm suggesting, we can fix this.' When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed, he said, 'Look, here's what happened."

Uh... Hoover was President and TV wasn't invented yet...