PDA

View Full Version : Torque Value for After Market Wheels

pearlm30
07-24-2008, 11:01 AM
What do you guys use on your after market wheels? I know the OEM wheels are about 75 lbs. Konig wheels spec are 90 lbs.:confused: Will that be too much specially for the rear wheel bearings?
Thanks

kwren
07-24-2008, 01:57 PM
What do you guys use on your after market wheels? I know the OEM wheels are about 75 lbs. Konig wheels spec are 90 lbs.:confused: Will that be too much specially for the rear wheel bearings?
Thanks

don't see the relevance to the bearings.:confused:
Please enlighten me?
Trying to learn something here...

Thanks,
Keith:)

TomsSVX
07-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I torque all wheels to 95 ft/lbs... No it will not be a problem...

Kwren, I get the feeling people got confused as to axle nuts and lug nuts at some time and will swear that overtorquing the lugs causes wheel bearing failure... if anything it can help warp the brakes... but wheel bearings, I severely doubt it

Tom

kwren
07-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I torque all wheels to 95 ft/lbs... No it will not be a problem...

Kwren, I get the feeling people got confused as to axle nuts and lug nuts at some time and will swear that overtorquing the lugs causes wheel bearing failure... if anything it can help warp the brakes... but wheel bearings, I severely doubt it

Tom

Just couldn't make a connection.
Take care,

TomsSVX
07-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Just couldn't make a connection.
Take care,

Surely, I felt the same way when someone had said it... Never understood the logic either:)

Tom

kwren
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Surely, I felt the same way when someone had said it... Never understood the logic either:)

Tom

:).......................