PDA

View Full Version : New rear speaker deck...

mysvxrocks
07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Has anyone made one of these custom? Would it be possible? I bought one from a parts car because my old one rattled so bad... But the new one is doing the exact same. I can hardley turn my stereo up without it buzzing like hell. Its got some of the noise dampner stuff under it, but it sure doesnt help. Anyone have any ideas? Im almost to the point where Im just going to take it out and leave it out. Its the only thing in my car that rattles! -Dennis

redlightningsvx
07-20-2008, 06:24 PM
somethings loose under it or around it. Find it and no more rattle

SomethingElse
07-20-2008, 06:28 PM
are your stock speakers still installed? If so, chances are they are blownimus maximus.

mysvxrocks
07-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Nope I put in new speakers. I know whats doing it, it is the actual deck piece. If I put my hand on it, no more rattle...

Hondasucks
07-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Take it out, and put some sticky felt, foam, etc.. on the metal structure underneath it, should help :)

Tim
07-21-2008, 06:28 AM
The buzzing usually comes from free play in the speaker grilles. Get some silicone sealant and squirt it around the area where the grille meets the wood and plastic.

Just make sure it cures for 24 hours, because otherwise that curing process can eat away the rubber surrounds from your speakers.

svxash
08-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Mine was buzzing after installing new speakers and it ended up being one of the control boxes located on the underside of the shelf. If you remove the carpet lined cover on the underside of the deck in the trunk you can check all of the mounting bolts to the electronics under there and make sure they are tight. If I remember right it was only a couple that were loose that were causing the buzzing sound.

It's Just Eric
08-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Or..If you really want to do something custom back there....start reading
http://www.fiberglassforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4