PDA

View Full Version : Baseline Dyno 7/16/08

TomsSVX
06-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Baseline numbers for my car are comming on the 16th when I go to Precision's dyno day for 3 pulls. Just want to get baseline dyno numbers to match my 1/4 mile times. Big changes comming soon and I want to measure them.

Tom

Tim
06-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh good... they're confirming you finally?

TomsSVX
06-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh good... they're confirming you finally?

Yea, depending on how they do, I will return there when my plans are realized

Tom

Sov13t
06-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Can't wait... "big changes" sounds fun. :D

Tim
06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Can't wait... "big changes" sounds fun. :D

I hope he builds a flux capacitor with that oscilloscope. :cool:

Johnybeas
07-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm stoked to see what you're running! I've been out of the loop for a while and don't have nearly enough time to go back and read all the new developments I've missed right now. Once I get back to daytona I'm gonna have to catch up and see what all I've missed during basic and now "A" school... damn navy's cutting into my SVX time! ;) Anyway, I saw about your turbo kit, I would love to talk to ya soon about that I have a guy who has the fastest subaru out there right now who wants to work with me on buildin my EG33 and turboin it, I'd love to talk with ya about what you've discovered and kinda decide on what I wanna do with my set up, and then let this dude's genious get rollin. Anyway I'll look for ya on aim. I look forward to seein your results from your pulls! good luck!

TomsSVX
07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
These are the "before" pulls... As my car sits now, it is totally stock except for my exhaust(which is too big) and my intake... Otherwise I totally expect to see near stock figures. Nothing is set in stone "yet" So until I know more, I will not be discussing much

Tom

I'm stoked to see what you're running! I've been out of the loop for a while and don't have nearly enough time to go back and read all the new developments I've missed right now. Once I get back to daytona I'm gonna have to catch up and see what all I've missed during basic and now "A" school... damn navy's cutting into my SVX time! ;) Anyway, I saw about your turbo kit, I would love to talk to ya soon about that I have a guy who has the fastest subaru out there right now who wants to work with me on buildin my EG33 and turboin it, I'd love to talk with ya about what you've discovered and kinda decide on what I wanna do with my set up, and then let this dude's genious get rollin. Anyway I'll look for ya on aim. I look forward to seein your results from your pulls! good luck!

subbieatnz
07-07-2008, 06:51 AM
sounds intressting i keep watching this thread

TomsSVX
07-13-2008, 04:46 PM
ooops.. I meant 6/13/08

Peaks at 192hp/198tq... Plots up tomorrow.

Tom

SVXRide
07-13-2008, 05:51 PM
YT,
As I'll be adding your results to my SVX dyno database, can you make sure to list everything about your car (as dynoed). This includes the ~ number of miles on the engine.
Thanks.
-Bill (now with STi rear axles power!)

TomsSVX
07-13-2008, 06:39 PM
YT,
As I'll be adding your results to my SVX dyno database, can you make sure to list everything about your car (as dynoed). This includes the ~ number of miles on the engine.
Thanks.
-Bill (now with STi rear axles power!)

200k on the stock long block with my custom exhaust and my tomyx... Totally stock EM

Tom

TomsSVX
07-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Just for comparison... This was greenmarinesvx's car with the ECUtune 1v745... I will scan and post my plots tomorrow.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/GreenMarineSVX/Comparrision.jpg

YT

RallyBob
07-13-2008, 08:46 PM
ooops.. I meant 6/13/08

Peaks at 192hp/198tq... Plots up tomorrow.

Tom

So suddenly 210whp/212wtq with a standalone doesn't seem so outlandish anymore!:rolleyes:

Good to see someone else getting comparable numbers with a stock engine and 'bolt-ons'...well, home-built bolt-ons anyway.

SVXRide
07-13-2008, 09:03 PM
No, it doesn't:cool::cool:
-Bill (must get R180 installed....must get R180 installed...)

SVXRide
07-13-2008, 09:04 PM
200k on the stock long block with my custom exhaust and my tomyx... Totally stock EM

Tom

Yeah, your "custom exhaust" includes hand fabricated equal length headers;):D (remind me of their ID and length?)
-Bill

Tim
07-14-2008, 08:03 AM
I imagine you would have broken 200whp if you had a 5 speed instead of a 6 speed, correct?

TomsSVX
07-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah, your "custom exhaust" includes hand fabricated equal length headers;):D (remind me of their ID and length?)
-Bill

I imagine you would have broken 200whp if you had a 5 speed instead of a 6 speed, correct?

Bill, 1.75OD on the primaries... Too big for an N/A car... I probably would have been over 200 wheel if the exhaust wasn't built for an engine twice this size.

Tim, that may be true but I cannot say yes without being skeptical.

Tom

SVXRide
07-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Bill, 1.75OD on the primaries... Too big for an N/A car... I probably would have been over 200 wheel if the exhaust wasn't built for an engine twice this size.

Tim, that may be true but I cannot say yes without being skeptical.

Tom

Yeah, that's what my memory was telling me;) Want to PM me the length of the primaries?
-Bill

TomsSVX
07-14-2008, 11:26 AM
They are between 32-34" with more ground clearance in mind on this set it would have been near impossible to make them any closer in length.

BTW here's the sheet

http://allwelldrive.net/images/Shadowmachine/Baselinedyno.jpg

tom

JaySVX
07-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Nice numbers! I am interested in seeing where this one goes.

TomsSVX
07-14-2008, 11:42 AM
using 27% loss in the driveline rough math puts it about 260 at the crank.

Tom

SVXRide
07-14-2008, 01:44 PM
YT,
Can you get SAE corrected plots? Most of the data in my dyno database have this correction. What gear did you do all of the pulls in?
Thanks.
-Bill

TomsSVX
07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
YT,
Can you get SAE corrected plots? Most of the data in my dyno database have this correction. What gear did you do all of the pulls in?
Thanks.
-Bill

4th gear on my v.8 jdm 6spd. I cannot get the plots... they did 120 pulls on 40 cars that day... So what I have is all that I can get

Tom

RallyBob
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM

Maybe in your current state of tune, but if you eventually are pushing for more N/A power I think you're okay.

Jack's car runs 32" long 1.75" primaries, and while I honestly thought they were too big initially (we were eventually planning forced induction when I built them), they ended up working quite nicely with our modified high rpm N/A setup.

TomsSVX
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Maybe in your current state of tune, but if you eventually are pushing for more N/A power I think you're okay.

Jack's car runs 32" long 1.75" primaries, and while I honestly thought they were too big initially (we were eventually planning forced induction when I built them), they ended up working quite nicely with our modified high rpm N/A setup.

Understood... but I built them in mind for my s/c along with the very large and heavy 2.5" true dual behind them... I am happy with where the car is at... Very consistent and w/o any issues. This means I have a great base to work from... Now I await the ever so important email:o

Tom

vlmaclean
07-15-2008, 07:27 PM
They are between 32-34" with more ground clearance in mind on this set it would have been near impossible to make them any closer in length.

BTW here's the sheet

http://allwelldrive.net/images/Shadowmachine/Baselinedyno.jpg

tom

I found this very interesting. I was thinking the 6 could do more with mods. A modded RS 2.5L is putting down the same power here:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70739&highlight=%22dyno+chart%22

LetItSnow
07-15-2008, 08:02 PM
A modded RS 2.5L is putting down the same power here:
The same peak perhaps, but the 2.5L is not nearly "the same" until ~6000 RPM.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w187/LetItSnow_photos/SVX/projects/tombaseline.jpg

Peak power stands for little in my book. It's all about the area under the curve.

TomsSVX
07-16-2008, 09:50 AM
I found this very interesting. I was thinking the 6 could do more with mods. A modded RS 2.5L is putting down the same power here:

This is also a baseline... this engine has completely stock internals. If you want to look at an N/A build RallyBob has put together an EG33 RS making 290 at the wheels.

Tom

Myxalplyx
07-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Nice numbers Tom!

Better to compare other cars that have dyno'd on the same dyno. Area under the curve is all good but just remember there are other variables to consider as well. Sure an RS making the same peak with less hp/torque under the curve can appear to be slower all around but if it is lighter (depending on how much lighter), it could blow away an SVX with a better 'area under the curve'. Or two SVX's making the same hp/torque and the same weight but one has lighter weight wheels and junk-inside-the-trunk vs one with heavier wheels and no junk inside. And the variables go on......

Looking forward to seeing how things turn out Tom. A friendly race or two at the track would be nice. ;) ***Heading back into the shadows***

TomsSVX
07-17-2008, 09:03 AM
not charts but here are some numbers from others running the same day...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/precisiontuning/meet07/meet38.jpg

Tom

Myxalplyx
07-17-2008, 11:20 AM
not charts but here are some numbers from others running the same day...

Tom

What other SVX's are on that list?

TomsSVX
07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
What other SVX's are on that list?

None unfortunately, this was an Imprezza meet on Nasioc I was alerted to. I will be using Precision for the rest of my dyno needs so I won't have to worry about it

Tom